Leopard on a dell studio 15 and 17

pifou

489 posts in this topic

Hi

Don't need to extract the iso, boot on the dvd as for an internal HD install, when you see the welcome window go in "disk utility" in menu bar on the top, then you have to formate (Erase) your external hard drive/partition in "Mac Os Extended (Journaled)". Then you can continue the installation, you will be asked to choose HDD target, and don't forget to "Customize" in the next step...

Good luck

Hi all,

I was about to give up that one day i will see the great mac os x fully running on my precious 1535 ,but when i recently checked this thread i was amazed by all this contributions to help the dream become true.

SPECIAL thanx to ridgeline and boombeng for their hard work >>

I tried to follow up you guys but i think i am lost in this.

I installed iatkos v5 10.5.5 (as boombeng customization) and every thing works-thanks to your guiding again-except for the 1397 wifi

I tried the bcm43xx enabler with no luck, also i tried airpot latest update from apple.

Is there anything i am missing here ?? please help.

thanx

Hi Macash,

You have to know which wifi card you bought with your laptop...

If you have the 1397 then Mcsmart enabler should work, if you have the 1510 then apple update should make it work...

bye

hi Boonbeng.

I am sure its the 1397 as you can see.

I use the kext helper with bcm43xx enabler then reboot...

and nothing happens every time !!!!

So, first attemp, burned the iATKOS v5, but it wouldn't boot, so I did cpus=1, installed but just Mac Extended Format, and it installs flawlessly, but then it boots and hangs on "Still waiting for root device".

So I'll install again.... Do I have to do the cpus=1 everytime?

Regards!

Hi All,

I'm very excited now because its my first post from my first wifi working hackintosh

thank you all for your great help

especial thanx for boombeng & ridgeline without you i would be lost till now >>>

Figured my own fault oops :{

I cant wait till i get everything running, so i hope you all luck with the graphics issue.

(7 Feb ) 1st time in MAC :)

this is also my first post from MAC.... I wanted to know if it's possible to change the resolution to 1440x900 since it's annoying to have this resolution!!

Thanks for the guide and the package!!! WiFi works, and that's cool

you need a graphic driver ,

that's what i waiting until now...

new to mac also :)

hey any clues to why the wifi works like really intermittent?

it's annoying, I can't even browse right it's very strange, right now I had to boot Vista....

Another thing, any clues on how to get the battery meter working? I installed the sonotone thingy, but no signs of the meter until now...

you may want to try and install the powermanagement one more time and after word repair permissions also in the future we need more details such as distro and exact symptoms as well as in this case which card your having the trouble with.

Hello, i have a dell studio 1535 with ati 3400 hd video. I have installed iatkos 5i, but when i want to boot i recieve this message: “still waiting for root device“, i have read this happens when you have a SATA DVD rom, but i see you have succes with this version, what i am doing wrong? Please excuse my english, it is not my native languague, thank you very much,

curchunflo

did you set any boot flags and also did you use the vanilla kernal?

Yes to vanilla kernal - iAtkos 10.5.5, with the options from your earlier post (worked like a charm) then the relevant post-installer.

No to boot flags (actually, just the resolution bumped a bit from 1024). But either way I'm thinking it must be 2 processors because Voodoo showed slightly different temps for each one. I WOULD take screenshots but I just noticed that after I installed l8 fan control, voodoopower stopped working - so I can't get back in now. You know anything about this?

Two other things I noticed - although the fan control package works great, i have noticed quite a lot of mouse stuttering while it runs, which kind of makes it difficult to use the laptop while its running - anyone else notice that?

The second think I noticed was that sending the hack to sleep using the sleep option under the apple icon in the top bar makes it crash.

Are there known fixes to any of these?

I WOULD take screenshots but I just noticed that after I installed l8 fan control, voodoopower stopped working - so I can't get back in now. You know anything about this?
I don't have this issue sorry... I8Kfan and Voodoopower are good neighbors on my system...

Two other things I noticed - although the fan control package works great, i have noticed quite a lot of mouse stuttering while it runs, which kind of makes it difficult to use the laptop while its running - anyone else notice that?
I don't...

The second think I noticed was that sending the hack to sleep using the sleep option under the apple icon in the top bar makes it crash.
You can have a look here and you also need to install EHCIsleepenabler but you won't have a fully fonctionnal sleep, it just won't crash your system anymore...

Bye