138 replies to this topic

pablasso

pablasso

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:Computers and Sports
yep, that was the problem, i was missing the common patch at the installation, now i just have to fix that video issue so i dont have to plug an external monitor each time, thats annoying

and wait for my new wireless card and new RAM, with 512 is a little bit slow

timeshifter

timeshifter

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
Got it running on my 6000:

512 Mb RAM
100 Gb Hard Drive
ATI X300

Got 1280 x 800 using Callisto_b003. Triple boot Windows XP Media Center, Vista Beta 2 and OS X using Acronis Disk Director. Installed with Jas 10.4.6 with SSE2, Wireless support, Radeon, etc.

Sound and front panel buttons work.

I need to TAP not click the buttons! Anyone know how to get the tapping working?

pablasso

pablasso

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

yep, that was the problem, i was missing the common patch at the installation, now i just have to fix that video issue so i dont have to plug an external monitor each time, thats annoying

and wait for my new wireless card and new RAM, with 512 is a little bit slow

i "resolved" my blue screen problem with cables on my VGA output

Posted Image

my overall performance is very very poor, any of you know how to speed things a little bit while i wait for another RAM memory?

ultrasoul

ultrasoul

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

i think this could be my problem

http://forum.insanel...showtopic=22518

ill try to reinstall and see what happens

If it doesn't work you could always use Goatsecx's image for 10.4.6

pablasso

pablasso

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
i dont have any problem with JaS release anymore, there's any advantage with Goatsecx's image?

nandotron

nandotron

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi Guys, wondering if you can offer some advice.

I've installed patched 10.4.6 on my dell 9400 laptop but the reboot after installation doesn't work, giving me the hfs+ partition error. I'm not sure how to boot the windows partition at all now, or even if its possible anymore.

After i let darwin timeout when booting from the 10.4.6 installation dvd, the osx configuration starts, and i can progress to where it asks about my internet connection i get the blue screen which hangs. I've attached an external monitor but it doesnt seem to be recognized. Do i need to do something to make the configuration process see the ext monitor? I'm not sure what it could be other than to think that i'm in trouble because I can't get into an OS to set up the monitor. My graphics card is 128mb dedicated radeon, I'm not sure if that helps.

I'm really at a loss now because the only things i can really do with the machine are get into the BIOS setup, boot from the 10.4.6 installation dvd or go to the osx configuration screens, which hang on me. Any help at all would be really appreciated. I've read through the forums but I'm still really stumped!

shtoink

shtoink

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Chainsaws and just about anything else mechanical
I'm glad to see that I am not alone in this with the dell 6000 notebook. I kinda started out late in this and was monkeying around trying to get stuff to work just by reading the forums. At this point, I have a longer list of things that work than things that don't work. I'm not sure how to tell if I have QE and the rest of video fun stuff working. I know that openGL isn't working since attempting to run Bejeweled and failing. I did get Chess to load up and it ran, though.

So far, the only things that don't at least work to a tollerable degree is the card reader on the side, the modem, and the Intel 2200 wirelss card. The last thing that is really frustrating is the sllep issue, but it seems that is a common theme among the 6000 dells. I'd be happy with a way to turn the monior off, but not sleep when I close the lid. I found some sofware that prevents sleep, but it prevents the screen from turning off as well.

10.4.7 seemed to fix a couple of wierd things that were present right after installing, too. I have been tempted to try out a few more things, but since I got the native resolution of 1680x1050 and so many other things working fairly well, I am a little scared that I might bugger something up and not be able to recreate the steps I went through to get it to where it is now. I'd be willing to share the methods I used to make my system work, but I'm afraid that I really didn't do anything that wasn't already done and reported in here.

I also wanted to ask if anyone else has had issues with windows giving the fancy BSOD more than occaisonally on the 6000d? I have all sorts of issues with it giving stop errors and have had them send me replacement parts, too. The errors all seem to be related to the wireless network card. I have had none of those issues on OSX, though. Go figure, but it's possibly due to not using the wireless card under OSX.

poplars

poplars

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Interests:Apple related stuff. Computers in general. Guitar and music, electronics, psychology and relat...
hey you guys, could you please post /detailed/ system specs when you post about a problem or how exactly you got your's working, thanks.

I am also an Inspiron 6000 User, I'm gonig to be installing OSX via 10.4.7 JaS DVD, I'll let you guys know how it goes in a few days. here are my detailed system specs:

1.6Ghz Pentium M (Centrino, of course) SSE2 etc.
512MB DDR2 RAM
40GB HD
DVD-RW+DL/CD-RW Drive
Mobility Radeon X300 PCIe 64MB
Intel PRO/Wireless 2915ABG
Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller
(no Bluetooth or anything like that).
6Cell standard Dell Battery.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I am looking foward to testing this out, it appears that alot of my hardware should work, except the wireless card sadly. we'll see though, if any of you know any tweaks to possibly get it working, please tell me lol.

let's keep this thread active, we needn't have people in the dark here :D.

-Patrick

Wirv

Wirv

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Been trying to install OSX786 on my Dell 6000 for a while now. Keep getting a blue screen after the apple logo during setup.

Using the Darwin 10.4.4 disk

I have connected a VGA monitor cable to the port on the back. I'm guessing this should work for the required 'dongle'?

It's a 1.6 centrino, 1gb of ram, intel integrated graphics.

I'm using the following install method:

http://www.profit42....-computer/?id=1

still nothing.

Anyone got any tips? point me in the way of the proper install method to install OSX on a seperate partition?

Wirv

Wirv

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
got a bit farther by hitting the crt/lcd button on my laptop

now I can actually see an install menu grid. lots of graphic errors, but you can make all of it out.

problem is, the res is higher than the screen size.... I can't see any option windows for install.

I was able to get through this by hitting the enter key to get up to the 'select destination' screen.

No volumes are showing up... ideas?

what format should my OSX patition be in before I load up the installer?

poplars

poplars

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Interests:Apple related stuff. Computers in general. Guitar and music, electronics, psychology and relat...
you lack in soo many details.... state your sys specs.

Wirv

Wirv

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

you lack in soo many details.... state your sys specs.

Dell Inspiron i6000
Intel® Pentium® M Processor 1.60ghz
989mhz
504mb of Ram
Fujitsu MHV2100AH hardrive (100gb split into 75GB< 15 GB, and 10 GB partitions)
NEC DVD+_RW ND-6650A
Conexant D110 MDC V.9x Modem
1394 Network Adaptor
Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Network Controller
Intel® PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection
D347PRT SCSI Controller
SigmaTel C-Major Audio
Legacy Audio Drivers
Presonus Firepod Audio Drivers

Anything else I need to list?

BTW: I got as far as rebooting the install. It shows a screen full of white text with a white block at the end of it all. Let it sit for 2 hours, and nothing.

poplars

poplars

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
hmm you didn't mention your video card, regardless.... I'm installing it now and it appears to be going well all the way through, we shall see.

also, does anyone know about replacing the Intel PRO Wireless 2915ABG card with a broadcom one?

if so, please send me a link to the dell manual or something, dial-up is slow :(

RdHrd138

RdHrd138

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hey guys, I just installed OS X 10.4.3 (Wesley Patch) for the second time. The first install I did worked flawlessly. Well, except for the wireless, ati driver, and native resolution of 1680 x 1050.

This time however, I cant' seem to get my wired ethernet to work. I'm not sure why.. I've never had this happen to me before. I'm thinking about just trying another fresh install to see what happens.

Specs:
Inspiron 6000
ATI X300 128MB
80GB HDD
1.0 GB RAM
Intel Pro Wireless
Intel Pentium M 1.73Ghz

Any advice would be awesome.

pablasso

pablasso

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
why don't you try with 10.4.6?

RdHrd138

RdHrd138

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Because I'm on at college.. And our network blocks all P2P traffic.. I don't know another way to get a patched version of 10.4.6 besides a torrent.

RdHrd138

RdHrd138

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Got it working!.. I did a fresh install, and now it works. Strange how it didn't last time.. Oh well. Now it's time to mess with video drivers and resolution.. lol

poplars

poplars

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
I have pretty much everything working except my wireless :whistle:.

the mouse artifacts are VERY annoying. Mouse Locator is a peice of junk, it's almost worse then mouse tearing, since it slows down all the animations, makes the mouse less accurate, and the mouse flickers like mad.

does ANYONE know of a better solution rather then Mouse Locator????

also, I got my video card working with QE/CI/Q2D first try, native resolution etc. I'm not sure the fonts are anti-aliasing right, but I'll figure that out later.

feel free to PM me if you have a better solution for mouse artifacts then mousepose and mouse locator.

thank you.

zedzed

zedzed

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
Dell 1450 wi-fi card works as soon as it is installed.
Shows up as Aiport and jsut works

arkantos84

arkantos84

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
Hi guys. I've a problem with my dell insp 6000... After I've installed Jas 10.4.7 Mac OS X, my lap does work perfectly! but I've a wide screen 1280x800 and resolution at 1024x768... What can I do for solve this problem? I've tried with the post ATI work, but after my mac os crashed.....booooooooh!!! :) :( :( Thx!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy