• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

MarkW

MarkW

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
I have an Inspiron 6000 with the ATI x300. Is there any way to display to an external monitor?

phb

phb

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
Someone posted this utility on #hackintosh
http://s44.yousendit...0P0DVBYL2BE66K4

It's a port of radeonTool, so sleep mode disables backlight/screen.
Works like a charm on my inspiron 6000

osxgus

osxgus

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
@MarkW, If you have an CRT monitor you can hook it up to the insp6000 and get whatever max resolution you have on the laptop on the external display.

There is no way to set the refresh rates yet, but I am hoping that Omni's progress will help us set resolution and refresh rates for the screen (laptop and external).

I did also try a external LCD screen before but it wouldn't work because of the mismatch in refresh rates.

Did you manage to fix QE/CI with koverg patch yet?

cheers
:graduated:

phb

phb

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
Anyone tried installing 10.4.6 ? I'm having issues with the CI/QE. It simply breaks the display 100%. Just displays black background and lots of triangles of diffrent colors..

/Johan

apokalypse2k3

apokalypse2k3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
HI I'm a new to this. I have 10.4.6 working but I don't know how to get my x300 working, I dowloaded the patch but I don't know how to load it.

Can someone post a guide how to do it step by step.

phb

phb

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
Got this working. Seems the JaS patched DVD didn't install the 10.4.4 OpenGL.framework.
Install it and it should start working.

apokalypse2k3

apokalypse2k3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Are you talking about the new 10.4.6 DVD patched by JaS

phb

phb

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
yep

apokalypse2k3

apokalypse2k3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thanks I'll give it a try

chulogrande

chulogrande

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I got the battery meter up and running on my Inspiron 6000 guys. I followed the instructions on the below link.

http://forum.osx86pr...l=battery meter

Maybe this will help someone.

-chulogrande

kutyafal

kutyafal

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Got this working. Seems the JaS patched DVD didn't install the 10.4.4 OpenGL.framework.
Install it and it should start working.

Would u care to explain to a newb how to do this? I have the 10.4.6-HotISO distro installed on an Inspiron 4150 with everything working xept OGL/QE and battery meter (that is fixed now). I have major dislpay corruption when playing a DVD.

Is the OpenGL.framework on the HOTISO disc or it is on one of the other discs? In what folder?

Thanks!

TheG2

TheG2

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
If someone has a copy of that radeonTool I'd sure like a copy of it. Someone wanna drop me a PM?

10.4.6 is confirmed on my Inspirion 6000, only external part was the Belkin wireless.

AMWN

AMWN

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
I'v also installed 10.4.6 again. Before I had 10.4.3 but that one did have support for QE.
But how do I get my x300 get to work right now. Installed the Jas patched dvd with the radeon options.

but no QE support yet. Has it something to do with the opengl? how do I install that?>

chulogrande

chulogrande

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Does anyone know how to get the integrated card reader to work?
Thanks beforehand.

-chulogrande

apokalypse2k3

apokalypse2k3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Here's a guide on how I got my X300 to work:
If you do a new install with Jas 10.4.6 DVD don't install ati mobility support because that will have conflicts with kovergs patch

Download Koverg's patch and follow this instructions:

1. Extract the archive.( i.e : I extrated the file to the desktop then open the terminal and found the folder where I extrated the file (cd Desktop/koverg then run the next command) )
2. sudo ./patch9700.sh 54 60 (I'm using 54 60 because this is the ID of our Video card)
3. manually edit the /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeon9700.kext/Content/MacOS/Info.plist. Replace 5B62 with your device id
Example:
<key>IOPCIMatch</key>
<string>0x4E441002 0x41441002 0x4E481002 0x41481002 0x41501002 0x4E501002 0x41521002 0x4E541002 0x4A481002 0x4A491002 0x4A4A1002 0x4A4B1002 0x4A4C1002 0x4A4D1002 0x4A4E1002 *0x5B601002* 0x5E4B1002 0x3E501002 0x4E561002 0x5B641002 0x3E541002</string>
The asterisk (*) is only meant to emphasize the change, do not enter them.

After you replace with your device ID press Ctrl+O to save the changes then exit and reboot your computer

I hope this work for you guys :pirate2:

forumgirl

forumgirl

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I'm also running a mostly-working installation on an Inspiron 6000. I've tried running Koverg's patch, but the list of entries in the IOPCImatch list is NOTHING like the ones I've seen in both this thread and in his help file - the list in my file is much shorter, and with completely different numbers. So I'm not sure where to add the info for my x300 card.

Also, wired ethernet worked after my first boot. But since then, nothing. I have no internet at all. Any idea what hapened?

Thanks.

apokalypse2k3

apokalypse2k3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

I'm also running a mostly-working installation on an Inspiron 6000. I've tried running Koverg's patch, but the list of entries in the IOPCImatch list is NOTHING like the ones I've seen in both this thread and in his help file - the list in my file is much shorter, and with completely different numbers. So I'm not sure where to add the info for my x300 card.

Also, wired ethernet worked after my first boot. But since then, nothing. I have no internet at all. Any idea what hapened?

Thanks.

I had a similar problem and I don't know what was the cause, the I made a new install with JaS 10.4.6 DVD but didn't install ati mobility support, because the first I installed the mobility support I had problem with the wired ethernet.

forumgirl

forumgirl

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hey folks,

could someone with a working, fully-enabled ati 300 on an inspiron 6000 post a step-by-step (cut-and-pasted text from the file, perhaps) of how they got this working?

My <string> section looks completely different from the one that everyone's referring to, so I have no idea where to paste the correct code for the card.

Thansk.

forumgirl

forumgirl

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Ok, I've got Koverg's patch working. But I still can't get to my monitor's native resolution (1680x1050). I've added this value to the com.apple.boot.plist but it switches to 1280x1024 at reboot.

Any ideas how to get the proper resolution?

Thanks.

shwouchk

shwouchk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I have a problem - when I try to install, it shows the loading apple for a while, and then gets stuck in a gray screen... what could cause this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy