AppleACPIBatteryManager for Tiger and Leopard

418 posts in this topic

Hi, I've installed the package, and information about my battery prints as follows. Battery icon appears on reboot just for a fraction of a second. After that, none the icon neither more battery options on System Preferences appear.

Same problem here after update to 10.5.7.

If i reboot with -f flag it appears until i reboot.

Any ideas?

• 4 weeks later...

Any ideas?

In my case, I have 10.5.7 and the icon works well, if I install the battery, the icon shows the remaining charge and all works fine. BUT always shows "Power Source: Battery", even if it isn't installed (only AC adapter). This makes me that I can't change the sleep mode (I'm always in mode (S3)). (Sleep works well but sometimes sleepimage fails and it's annoying).

I'm using 10.5.7 vanilla appleacpiplatform, powermanagement.bundle (both extracted from apple combo update 10.5.7), removed applepowersource clamshelldisplay and laptopdisplay.

I don't know how to resolve this issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Any ideas?

hi, the same error I occurred. It seems mac can not load the AppleACPIBatteryManage.kext if we did not specify with -f. I also run 10.5.7.

• 2 weeks later...
hi, the same error I occurred. It seems mac can not load the AppleACPIBatteryManage.kext if we did not specify with -f. I also run 10.5.7.

hi everyone, I have the iatkos v5i and now with this the battery is working fine but, I repaired the permissions and everything but after I reboot I get this:

System extension cannot be used

the system extension "/Syste/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIBatteryManager.kext" was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product's vendor for an update.

why am I getting this?

I have an ACER 5220-301G16 running with 132bootloader, version 10.5.6. My icon disappeared too after restart. I solved the problem by using the "PowerManagement.bundle" version 10.5.4 and AppleACPIBatteryManager_b15. The battery is now comming up properly. I also updated my system to 10.5.7 right now - the battery icon seems to "stay" even though the update installed the "PowerManagement.bundle" from 10.5.7 :( Maybe those bundles are compatible?

• 1 month later...
Hi guys,

Here is the beta AppleACPIBatteryManager I have been working on. It will work with original PowerManagement and you don't need AppleACPIPowerSource. Although some values may have "0" value, it should display "Time" and "Percentage" but I am not sue if it is accurate or not. Also, "Power source" should detect correctly and icon should change correctly. If you are using the notebook, you can give it a try.

It is based on original AppleSmartBatteryManager and linux driver. It should work both on Tiger and Leopard. (I used Tiger to compile the source code and it work on my 10.4.11 and 10.5.4)

Hi Chun-Na,

I installed this Meter on Kalyway 10.5.3, Dell 9400, it works well, thanks for the work you have done.

Have you ever considered to give the possibility to change some parameters inside the battery pack like "cycle number" ?

I am trying to squeeze some more out of my pack which expired exactly after 2 years of little use.

I opened it and the batteries still have a strong charge which I measured under load with a power resistor letting 3 AMPS flowing from.

All the elements have the same voltage under load too, so no dead elements inside for now.

I read on the net a lot of people having the same problem after exactly 2 years of use and being quite "disappointed" at it.

I understand that overusing the pack could rise safety issues, but I can deal with that.

I think that they should progressively lose their capacity, not so suddenly from max to no charge as declared by the firmware in the Battery.

Does anybody know how to do this ?

Best regards

Rob

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have searched and searched on how to install this battery monitor, but I don't get it.

I'm not ruling out the possibility that I am a total idiot, but I did manage to get OSX 10.5.5 onto my Acer Aspire One... And I have figured out the K7 Kext Loader (thank you spotlight) but I can't figure out this instal.

I have the PaulWind pack installed, and the battery monitor worked once, before I did the update to 10.5.8 and had KP and started over. Some how I lost the batter percentage and time bar. I just have the battery with the X in it...

Can someone help a novice clown out?

Cheers,

Brian

• 4 months later...

it would take a long time to enter snow leopard when using both battery and a/c adaptor, is there any update for it to apply in snow leopard?

you can see there is 2 mins after fakesmc's message:

Feb 6 10:17:38 Mac kernel[0]: FakeSMC: key info not found MSDS, length - 6
Feb 6 10:19:33 Mac kernel[0]: virtual bool IOHIDEventSystemUserClient::initWithTask(task*, void*, UInt32): Client task not privileged to open IOHIDSystem for mapping memory
Feb 6 10:20:26 Mac kernel[0]: IOHIDSystem::relativePointerEventGated: VBL too high (21378262), capping to 20000000

• 1 month later...

Tried to use on Samsung Q45, 10.6.2 x64. Got an error:

Executable does not contain code for architecture:

x86_64

Recompiled to support x86_64 arch, using 10.6 SDK.

Got an error

(kernel) kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleACPIBatteryManager]: The following symbols are unresolved for this kext:

(kernel) kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleACPIBatteryManager]: __ZN22AppleACPIBatteryDevice13setPowerStateEmP9IOService

(kernel) Can't load kext com.apple.driver.AppleACPIBatteryManager - link failed.

Added a stub into AppleACPIBatteryDevice.cpp:

----

IOReturn AppleACPIBatteryDevice::setPowerState(unsigned long which, IOService *whom){

return IOPMAckImplied;

}

----

All works fine, show correct percent and correct time. Thanks !!!

10.6 x86_64 compiled kext is attached.

AppleACPIBatteryManager_x86_64.kext.zip

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...