Modified BOOT-132 enables vanilla install from retail Leopard

71 posts in this topic

Is the whole "iso making" process diferent for each machine??

Coz I didn't quite understand how it's done... If it's not diferent, why not have a downloadable .iso ready o burn??

All those comand lines freak me out!

'Cos the second you drop dsmos.kext into initrd the package goes from being completely legal to...

well..

not quite so much!

I am having real trouble understanding this.

I have a PC, I have a bought Full Copy of OS X Server.

I wish to install the Server software on a PC... How do I do this.

This looks like THE solutiom at the moment, so in simple language how do I do it ?

I have some Unix knowlege and a lot of OSX knowledge and I take aprt mac's and PCs all the time.

I use the command line every day so am familiar with that also.

Thanks for any help...

Sorry, I know that I'm a bit late to post this.

An explanation of how this works

Original thread by f41qu3 - report your discoveries and successes here.

Questions & problems go here

Developed a configuration that works? post it here for the next guy

I find that the HMBT Auto-Patch method is the easiest to use. This is a huge milestone for the OSx86 project. After installing with this method 10.5.0-10.5.4 works perfectly :(

For help or information, please post in the original thread by f41qu3.

okay i just installed successfully....but i want to boot from the hard drive how do this...i have to insert cd to boot the osx

All the thread's on how to make your own bootable cd/dvd(edit image) are thread locked to f41qu3's original post......... Why is this?

There are thread's encouraging editing, but loop back to f41qu3's post..... I guess editing isn't SO supported now is it.

The noob .ISO is very limited with few kext files, and the generic.iso has a bad checksum error after burning it. Even at lowest burning speed's.....

Unless I am missing something? I can get the original project cd to boot, but if I edit or try to build my own iso it doesn't boot. And I already tried the dd trick and the hdutil trick as well.

~Sling

P.S. Generic.iso checksum is broken because of the use of dsmos.kext. Every DL has been pulled other than the original project boot cd. Galaxy's editing method has been pulled as well...... YAY!!!!! Give us a way to run Leopard unhacked, entice us all with some editing encouragement, and then pull it ALL down!hahaha I'll stick with my edited Intel EFI boot rom.(hacked low-level code in C) This is why this site exsit's right? Programming, hacking, support and compatibility......

Hey guys i need a help... i booted the BOOT-KABYL-BUMBY and i replaced with the retail DVD, before the apple logo in a white screen appear the normal blue screen but it never show the leopard desktop, even the mouse cursor.

so can u help me please... the DVD stops to load... i wait 15 minutes to see if maybe i should get the install page, but for nothing... i tried to boot with -v but it loads very well and go to infinitive blue screen...

Laptop descriptions:

CPU dual core

graphics, sound card and chipset intel

Thanks...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't know if this question has been asked but I am having no luck coming up with an answer, despite searching extensively here and elsewhere.

1. I have an Acer Aspire One 160GB and a Leopard retail DVD. It seems the easiest way to get Leopard onto my laptop would be to to buy a DVD burner/player that supports booting up off of it to install Leopard on it. What DVD burner would you suggest as a cheap model to buy to get Leopard installed on my laptop that would allow me to boot from it?

2. Will my laptop even support booting from a USB DVD drive? it seems it will from what I have read but nothing seems to say for sure. I guess I may need to check the BIOS?

Excuse my lack of knowledge in this area. I've never done anything like this before. I am a Mac guy but recently bought a XP netbook for portability's sake and now am finding I can actually get Leopard onto it.

Thanks in advance for any help!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

serious kudos to the people who came up with this ;)

when do you think you guys will have a walk through up on the wiki, or at least a totally centralized thread, there are a few to keep track of ;)

hehe, lets see Apple stop this one xD

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys!

just want to ask is this method work for me? i'm using a compaq CQ40-107au. here's my specs:

AMD athlon 64 x2 QL-60 1900Mhz

ATI Radeon HD3200 graphics 256mb

Sata Samsung DVD drive

160 GB HD SATA

2Gb 667 SODIMM Kingston

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Try this MyHack- "myHack Installer 1.0 RC5.2 Released", http://osx86.sojugarden.com/2010/02/myhack...rc5-2-released/

For PC details see my sig.

For more specific steps I have used see http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...93277&st=20 post #34. It's not the same Dell but I have repeated it on 3 similar dells and it works. I have updated specific steps written somewhere if you post back you need them