Mouse and Keyboard Freezing Randomly

20 posts in this topic

Up and running now fully with Leo4All 10.5.2. Everythings working great aside from my mouse and keyboard which, for some reason work for random periods of time, then lock out. Replugging usually sorts the problem, but sometimes it doesnt. There is no realy pattern to this skipping, at one point I tried moving the mouse about at the login screen, and it locked out then too, which made me think it could be some sort of driver issue. So I tried installing the USB 2.0 fixes, wondering if it could be a problem with USB 2. Fix did nothing. My BIOS doesnt have options to disable legacy support for USB. Ive tried 2 separate mouses, and neither of them require mac drivers, both show up in system profiler with their correct names. Totally stuck now, hope someone can help, thanks.

Tried updating graphics drivers, now using NVinject, still the same problem. Going to try updating to see if 10.5.4 can solve my problem...

I have the same exact issue on an Asus P5E-VM HDMI board. But it also affects a wireless USB adapter. I always unplug keyboard, mouse or USB Wi Fi and plug it back in and it works, but I don't understand why it just dies??

Have you been able to figure this out?

I do have the ability to disable legacy USB support in my bios but when I've done that in that past my keyboard and mouse stop working...so not sure that solves it.

Would be thrilled to resolve this minor -- from time to time -- kind of quirk.

/mdg.

yeah I noticed my wireless USB also seems to freeze from time to time. I realized i couldn't update to 10.5.4 using ASU because it kept cutting out and refusing to resume :P There must be some sort of similarity with our hardware, even though your Intel and I'm AMD. Hmmmm

• 4 weeks later...

similar issue here i have a microsoft wireless desktop 700 keyb/mouse it frezes randomly and when i unplug and plug it back in it works. may be somthing to do with ehci or usb wake from sleep. i dont know just guessing

• 2 weeks later...

If we could find a pattern with whats causing this, it'll be easier to find a solution. If your having this problem can you post all information about your system ie version, kernel version, what disk you used, what your chipset is, graphics anything at all that could be helpful to finding some sort of pattern, im pretty sure this isnt random. Console logs of what is happening as the freeze occurs might also help. Hopefully something will help this, my hackintosh currently isnt booting as I tried updating the kernel to 9.2.2 which didnt help, il post all the details I can remember:

CPU: AMD 4400

Disk: Leo4All 10.5.2

Chipset: Nforce 430i

Graphics gefore 8800gts using nvinject latest drivers

Il post the consiole logs once I'm able to boot.

• 1 month later...

I possibly have the same issue. I'm running a iDeneb 10.5.4 fresh install with 9.2.2 SSE3 kernel. I use logitech mouse and keyboard (both USB).

The system runs smoothly even with high disk/network load. But when plugging any kind of USB storage device like an external hard disk or an ipod, it will work but a few minutes later the mouse and keyboard will stop responding as expected. I also noticed that my RTL-8139 ethernet adapter becomes inactive at this point. When experiencing this issue the system is not hanged and I can (hardly) get to the apple menu and reboot. Unplugging and plugging the USB stuff again won't solve the problem for me.

I tried USBfix from iDeneb image without success.

GA-N650SLI-DS4L (nForce 650i SLI)

Core2Duo E6850 3Ghz

4GB OCZ DDR800

GeForce 8800GT 512MB

I have a USB mouse and keyboard problem too after updating to 10.5.5. My mouse and keyboard would randomly freeze on boot. I have to unplug and replug it in to get it working. Anybody know of a fix for our problem? Maybe use a different kext?

--

asus p5e-vm

• 5 months later...

Same EXACT issue here on iPC 10.5.6 Final. System is running decently, everything works except the DVD drive (Nforce chipset problem) but at random times my mouse and keyboard will stop working, and the network will drop wtih it. The rest of the system continues to operate. Lasts until reboot.

Core 2 Q6600

Asus P5N-T Deluxe (780i)

Logitech mouse & HP Keyboard both USB

Dual 9800GTX+

iPC Final 10.5.6, Patched USB2.0 Drivers & IOFamilyPCI.kext (tried without these, same issue) - stock nvidia kexts with NVKush (it was the only way to get CI/QE)

• 2 months later...

This sounds like an interrupt issue. Keyboard and Mouse expect interrupts 1 & 2, respectively, to be dedicated for their use whereas Apple ACPI doesn't play so nicely or at least that is what I read written by someone much smarter than I (http://tgwbd.org/darwin/extensions.html).

The solution is the drivers AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext and ApplePS2Controller.kext. They are available doe download in these forums but I have also uploaded the versions I use to http://www.mediafire.com/hexhex in the "Individual Drivers" folder. I use these on 10.5.2 (Kalyway), iPC 10.5.6 and Retail 10.5.6 and solve all my keyboard and mouse issues an HP Laptop.

Hex

Download from here: http://www.mediafire.com/hexhex

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a similar issue, after restart I lose keyboard, sometimes mouse. not always happening - in fact since i swapped them to more easily accesible ports (for unplug / plug remedy) I have not seen the issue.

Also intrigued to know hoe the GFX driver can help this?

• 4 weeks later...

I have 10.5.7 working find with my old hardware.

When I put the drive in my new box, the keyboard and mouse are very sluggish.

If I move the mouse, nothing happens for a couple seconds, then the arrow moves.

If I quickly hit a key on the keyboard, nothing happens for a couple seconds, then the key gets typed 7 times.

I also installed the video card from the old system.

I tried installing 10.6.0 using this guide by digital_dreamer

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=185097

and boot with these options -s arch=i386 cpus=1 -v

When I get to the prompt, the keyboard picks up one keystroke every 5 seconds, and repeats it, again, for 7 times.

It won't get to the desktop in multi(?)user mode, but that's for another thread.

If I boot off the iATKOS 10.5.5, JaS 10.5.4, or Kalyway 10.5.2 install cd, all with no options, I don't have any of these problems.

MB:

ASRock x58

i7-920

Settings:

CPU:HyperThread and SpeedStep Disabled, 1 active CPU core

ACPI: Everything disabled

SATA II: AHCI

USB: Legacy Enabled

Keyboards:Logitech Wave, Logitech EX110, Sakar Crayola

Hi Guys ! I've a keyboard and mouse issue too.

Even if I'm on a desktop, I can see the trackpad tab in the settings panel.

It is loaded twice, like the mouse.

I started with a PS2 keyboard but now I'm using the new Apple USB one.

There's propably a kext to change or to delete ? but which ?

Here's a pic of the result :

4aa03af057ee4dd7ac0b334240db4517.jpg

How can I avoid that ?

• 2 weeks later...

All of a sudden, the mouse and keyboard started working!

The NIC wasn't working, so I set it to "Make Service Inactive" for some troubleshooting. Then when I clicked Apply, the mouse and keyboard started acting up again! I then set then nic back to active, and the mouse and keyboard worked properly again!

Anybody have any ideas???

• 3 weeks later...

hey i have a compaq persario c700, as soon as i installed iatkos v7 my keyboard and integrated mouse pad stoped working. Atm im making do with a usb keyboard and mouse. DOes anyone knoe how to fix this problem and or point me out with the correct drivers? cheerrs :hysterical: