6 replies to this topic

yehweh

yehweh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
Hi all,

I have a dal boot system and use acronis OS selector. But the problem is, my OS X and XP instalations do not show the same time. One is 5 hours ahead of the other. Everu time I change the time in OS 10 the BIOS time gets changed. This is messing up all my scheduled tasks and puts a wrong time stamp on all my outgoing email messages :)

Is there any way I can fix this?

Thanks in advance ;)

fireshark

fireshark

Your Mom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts
Tell OSX you live in GMT time zone.

bluedragon1971

bluedragon1971

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Tell OSX you live in GMT time zone.

Depending on Daylight Savings Time settings, you may need to go one time zone west of there.

The reason for the disparity is that OS X sets the hardware clock to GMT, Windows assumes local time. Linux usually give you an option at installation which you want to use.

skn

skn

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts
Take a look at this thread:

http://forum.osx86pr...showtopic=11193

yehweh

yehweh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Take a look at this thread:

http://forum.osx86pr...showtopic=11193

Thanks bud! The batch file works gr8 :)

blackentangled

blackentangled

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts
...or if you have constant internet connection, set in sysprefs --> date and time --> check set automatically

aqualeviathan

aqualeviathan

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

...or if you have constant internet connection, set in sysprefs --> date and time --> check set automatically

That's not the problem. You have to resync time in Windows, not OSX. The error is in Windows because OSX saves the time to the BIOS which Windows then reads as the GMT time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy