Help! Acer Aspire 6920G (ALC889) chip

animegod

45 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys,

very shtrange things happaned to my laptop. as you I'was watching for a driver for my sound card alc889 but without succes.

But I don't understand how it's posible and what I've exactly done but sometimes I get sound from my speakers!!!!

If someone can explain what happen I wait your answer.

I installed iatkos 5i that I recently upgrade to 10.5.6 and I also installed Ilife 09 with itunes 8.0.2 then I wanted to get back all my songs from my iphone and I downloaded phoneview demo vers since that I got sound. Also when sound is working my "cinedash" (tactile console for sound, movie play-sstop) with all usb ports don't working.

ps:(if it can help) my pc also boot with windows 7 and I didn't erase my original "backupp" part from the hd.

Ok , seems I found something...

what you have to do: Log in windows "7" but should work with vista too

in the taskbar go to sound proprities (playback) choose speakers (hd realtek)

now restart (very important do not shut down, just restart) and log in mac

you should have the sound...

now we jsut have to waitnig javoui for wifi/lan driver..

I hope it will work for u

• 3 weeks later...

I figure I'd bump this thread as it looks like a lot of us have this problem. I used Kalyway 10.5.4 and had problems with graphics and sound. I just switched to iDeneb 10.5.6 and graphics works fine, but I still don't have sound or wifi (Intel 3945AGB). Now I know wifi is most likely never going to happen, but I'd like to at least get the sound working. The sound shows up in sound properties by installing AzaliaAudio.pkg, but it is all greyed out. I tried HDAPatcher with the linux dump, but the app outputs this message:

Codec : Realtek ALC889

Generic 11c1 ID 1040

Vendor Id : 0x10ec0889

0x11c11040

Subsystem Id : 0x10250146

0x10250146

* Detected unsupported Realtek Generic Codec

I'm hoping someone has a solution to this. I read some Italian had a fix, but I can't really make out what he says.

EDIT: It looks like this is based off the ALC883, can anyone confirm this? Also, here is the linux dump - look through it, it has many references to ALC883. Does anyone know how to patch AppleHDA with this guide?

6920g_alc889.txt

This has nothing to do with the sound, but still on topic about the 6920g. It looks like someone is looking into creating a network driver for the AR8121, also know as an Attansic Lan Driver. Read thread here. Looks like I may get internet for my aspire after all ;)

EDIT: Network driver fully working :D

• 2 weeks later...
Hi thanks for drivers, I'm new and it's too complicated for me I can't install them alone. Is there a tuto somewhere?

hey everyone,

just wanted to let you know I've compiled a tutorial about how to get most of the hardware working on an Acer Aspire 6920g, including the sound. You can find it here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=161773.

Enjoy and good luck! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys,

i got sound in my 6920g now, and plugging in headphones changes the internal speakers label to headphones in system preferences. However i cannot get any sound out of the headphones. I have checked the mute checkbox, the headphones work with an iPhone and have no volume control etc on the cable. As soon as i unplug them the label in system preferences changes back to internal speakers and i have sound again.

Help me please!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi guys,

i got sound in my 6920g now, and plugging in headphones changes the internal speakers label to headphones in system preferences. However i cannot get any sound out of the headphones. I have checked the mute checkbox, the headphones work with an iPhone and have no volume control etc on the cable. As soon as i unplug them the label in system preferences changes back to internal speakers and i have sound again.

Help me please!

can you help me, i have acer 6920g ,and ideneb 1.5.5 , how can i have sound on my laptop? pls help me

• 2 months later...