Release for Toshiba Satellite P10x users: modded BIOS to try and activate Conexant sound chip

BuXb

375 posts in this topic

thanks a lot, nicheljd. A few questions:

1. Did you put HDEFInject into S/L/E, too, or just HDAEnabler?

2. which BIOS version is your DSDT based on - the latest 4.8?

3. Which P10x do you have?

4. Do you have sound after wake-up from sleep?

Mik, somebody modded my DSDT years ago so sleep works. Don't know how, though. Might be possible with DSDT Patcher/ Auto Patcher.

1. Did you put HDEFInject into too, or just HDAEnabler?

2. which BIOS version is your DSDT based on - the latest 4.8?

3. Which P10x do you have?

4. Do you have sound after wake-up from sleep?

Mik, somebody modded my DSDT years ago so sleep works. Don't know how, though. Might be possible with DSDT Patcher/ Auto Patcher.

Hi BugsB

My laptop:Toshiba Satellite P100-210 Intel Core Duo 2.0 GHz, BIOS v4.8

I have the HDEFInject into S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/HDEFInject, SL loads faster and get less service errors in loading the kext.

My sound if it works after sleep, for some reason I do not know inject more code in dsdt Device (LID) and the sound is always precernte.

My dsdt is an excerpt ubuntu live cd working with audio, error correction DSDTFix, dsdt injecion of code with DSDTPatcher + iASLme.

• 1 month later...

Hi, friends! As I see there is a great progress in our old problem. I tried this solution. But I met another great problem - when I put dsdt.aml compiled from nicheljd's .dsl file I get my Toshi shutdown during boot :P:(:P Not simple KP. It drops down. And my HDD's head drops down... I can't even watch the log. All I can say that this happens when VoodooPS2 is loaded or right after this.

It is very strange because nicheljd's Toshi configuration is as close to mine as possible... We have practically the same hardware. DSL file is compiled successfully - 0 Errors, 0 Warnings, 46 Optimizations. I just don't know what to do.

Can anyone help me to solve this problem? Maybe it will be useful to get the HDEF part from nicheljd's dsl and put to mine? I looked - they are completely different. Or should I do the same way to make my own dsl again?

_______________________________________________________________________________________

I have 4.8 original BIOS version. The only modification I did - I added a Toshiba SLIC 2.1 part to the BIOS to get Windows 7 activated offline.

Maybe there are some kexts in the system that prevent the normal boot.

nicheljd, can You share Your S/L Extensions folder, Your Extra folder and com.apple.boot.plist file? So I can check and find the differences.

Did You patched DSDT to make GMA950 work?

I can share my .dsl file that I made using DSDTeditor in Windows XP.

With great respect, jazzminos.

Hi! The situation is rather strange. I got my Toshi boot with this DSDT after deleting HDAenabler (from Extra & S/L/E). But got no graphics. I restored System from image... Then I deleted HDAenabler one more time and deleted EFI string from com.apple.boot.plist. But after that I experienced the same fall down of laptop. I wonder what can cause this? This fall down occurs after USB is loaded (or not loaded)... VoodooPS2 hangs and I get several errors. I tested - VoodooPS2 is not responsible for this... Laptop falls down even without this kext in S/L/E.

I suppose that this happens because of some kext is loaded too late after Extensions.mkext is rebuilt... I suspect IOPCIfamily.kext to be that problem.

1. Do You use IOPCIFamily.kext? What version do You use? Maybe it is not needed?

2. nicheljd, how did You configure GMA950 graphics card? Do You use anything non-Apple? Or did You modified DSDT to support GMA950 natively - without EFI string, patched kexts or something else?

I ask once again to share at least the list of Your extensions in S/L/E and Extra folders... And a contents of com.apple.boot.plist file.

Hi jazzminos,

I had replied before but when I clicked onto "Add reply" the forum server of software had gone down in the meantime. I kept my reply open but had to restart at some point and forgot about the open window so my answer got lost. I very urgently need to move my butt towards work now all the way downtown (long ride). I also have a new girlfriend so time has been more than scarce the last few weeks. I also have been working on a different Toshi Laptop for the last few weeks. Will get back with u once I am my back on my 17".

Heads up, Bugs

PS: nicheljd's DSDT hardly works on my P100 (Nvidia 7600 Go grfx) either ..

Hi BugsB! Thanks for reply... I had a rather hard time with my Toshi... During 2 weekends I tried practically everything. No success. It seems that my problem lays deeper than DSDT. I suppose that there are some memory problems. The fact remains the same - Azalia works on my laptop ONLY when 512+512 Mb are installed... When I install 2Gb+2Gb it doesn't work at all. And in the last case... I tried nicheljd's DSDT in various combinations and came to conclusion that the problem is not in the kexts... I deleted all audio related kexts from the system... Deleted VoodooPS... Deleted EFI string... Deleted LegacyAppleRTC... Deleted practically all non-apple kexts. Result is the same - hardware falls down at boot... No KP, no errors - simply falls down. Then I compared nicheljd's DSDT with my own that works at the moment line by line in DSDTSE (it, fortunately, helps with this :) ). I've found practically all modified parts. Then I replaced HDEF & USB parts in my working DSDT with that from nicheljd's. The result of compiling was the same - good as with original nicheljd's DSDT. Then deleted all audio related kexts... Result is the same - hardware falls down at boot. Maybe there is some problem with memory ranges that some devices work with? I tried to boot with Ubuntu LiveCD 10. Sound works out of box, the same way as in WinXP.

I suppose that it's time to change the hardware... :D

• 2 months later...

Hi jazzminos,

I had exactly the same problem as you.

Finally here is what I did to make my sound working with a DSDT :

1) I made a dsdt with DSDT_patcher

2) Then i followed this guide http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=154030 in order to correct the dsdt.dsl with the software smultron.

3) Compiled the dsdt.dsl corrected with iasl which you should provided with DSDT_patcher

And that's all.

You can ask if you need more help !

Just an application like textedit but with some options to simplify the edition/modification of files like dsdt.dsl.

This won't do the job for you but will make it easier ^^.

Another thing is that I solved USB 2.0 problem, not with the DSDT.aml, but I put USBBusFix=Yes in com.boot.plist with Chameleon 2 RC5.

You can also use the attached kext but it only works with arch=i386 (32 bit mode) and cpus=1 at boot.

The only thing that I miss to have a fully working 64 bit installation is a way to enable PCI/PCIexpress port like PCMCIAFamily.kext do it in 32 bit mode.

I'll keep on searching !

IOUSBFamily.kext.rar

• 3 weeks later...

@ nyu1985 (or anybody else): since you have a P100-316 with a 64 bit Core 2 Duo: should/can I swap my P100's Core Duo (32bit = not fully Lion compatible) with a (specific) Core 2 Duo (64bit = fully Lion compatible), best the 2GHz kind Toshi utilizes in yours? The Intel 945PM (Mobile/Express) chipset is obviously capable of 64 bit (see here and here), and so seems the all-in-one P10x BIOS (which is the same for all of us, right, no matter if we run a 32 or 64 bit Toshi P10x Satellites)!?

The socket in my P100-102 mobo is PGA socket-M, Micro-FCBGA (FCPGA6) which the T7200 2GHz Core 2 Duo DOES fit in.

What I am uncertain about right now is voltage requirement (current T2400 1.83GHz Core Duo vs. T7200 2GHz Core 2 Duo). I wonder if the specific mobo in my P100-105 would support a (specific) Core 2 Duo in the first place .....

I have my Toshi disassembled right now (because the 7600Go burnt through) and am about to put it back together (with a refurbished mobo I could get hold of), so if there really was compatibility for a Core Duo --> Core 2 Duo upgrade, this would be the perfect time. The 1.83GHz has been running extremely silent and cool, so I don't have the slightest doubt that the 2x170MHz more would cause any temp. prob.

Competent input greatly appreciated :P

Cheers,

Bugs

UPDATE: now look-a-there: here's somebody who successfully upgraded his Notebook's Core Duo T2400 1.83GHz (same as mine) with the mobile Core 2 Duo T7200 2GHz which is used in at least three of the Toshiba Satellite P10x Laptops (making them 64 bit compatible). That guy is now running Window 64 very happily (on his Dell Inspiron E1505). I am getting more positive about this. Opinions?

• 9 months later...

anybody still alive in this thread, or would I need to visit most of you on the graveyard (or at least in the nursing home for the elderly)?

Well anyway I scored a Toshi P105 w. a 64bit 2GHz Core2Duo for a few $$, ventured ahead and installed Lion on it, and behold, EVERYTHING is working - apart from the old culprit, no sound after wake-up from sleep (when using AppleHDA - no idea if there is sound after sleep via the ole Azalia kext 'cause I do need the mike in) ....

So I was wondering if there is still anybody here w. a P10x who is using sleep mode AND still has working sound after sleep w. AppleHDA?

(VoodooHDA still causes KP with the Toshi Conexant Waikiki as always ..)

Thanks,

Bugs

• 2 weeks later...

Hi BugsB, I'm going to resurrect my old toshiba, very interesting!!! this week I will change the prosesador and see what happens, and actulizare AppleHDA with a newer version, and I'll tell you, a greeting and bye.....

• 2 months later...

Due to popular request: my P10x Lion pack. I set version to 1.0.

ReadMe.txt:

1. read and apply BIOS.txt

2. u need 2 create ur own DSDT 4 sound 2 work

3. I only have two GMA950 Toshis P10x working right now. Extra.kext includes the good ole NVEnabler which hopefully still works in Lion. If not, remove and use

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

in org.chameleon.Boot.plist

4. No sound after wake-up from sleep

5. Battery Meter would require DSDT patching

BugsB

2012-08-09

Chameleon 2.1 rev. 2033

AppleHDA is still clubber77's contribution ..

Enjoy :)

I prepped my Toshis up w. new high-res LCD panels, fastest CPU, 7200 HDD, and am very happy.

PS: re. Mountain Lion (64 bit only unless trying to use 32 bit h'tosh community kernel + old 32 bit Finder + all sorts of patchworked XTs = not my cup of Tea):

I don't have any working Nvidia P10x Toshi at hand right now, only two GMA950's for which there is no good 64 bit driver pack (only the buggy 10.6.2 one Apple decommissioned). Contained AppleHDA is old and only 32 bit (or the HDAEnabler is - dunno). If u have a Nvidia Toshi P10x, then for ML you'd have to delete

<key>arch</key>

<string>i386</string>

from org.chameleon.Boot.plist and see if you can get sound and grfx to work.

P10x Lion v.1.0 (BugsB).zip

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Hi everyone,

I've tried the bios for p105-s6024 from the op page but still cant get speakers working with SL 10.6.6i from Hazard. I can get the Azilia kext to recognize the HD Audio Output in sound prefs but theres no sound. I tried to input the deviceid in the kext and still no go. I do not have a DSDT for this laptop as i cant get past the errors when i tried to compile the aml file (if anyone has a DSDT for this model could send me... ps i think i have an after market DVDRW drive installed).

With the most current bios 4.70 I can boot into both osx and win8 and have sound working on windows. Is there something else I should try?

Update: I got my dsdt finally past the complile errors but still no sound with Azailia kext. Can someone look at the dsdt fike and tell me if im doing something wrong??

patched it with Dsdt patcher and patches from the ich8 patches but still no sound using stock Phoenix 4.70 bios. I will try flashing one of the modded bios from the op page and report back.

Update2: Still no success with getting sound to work. Tried the Bios 4.20 for p100 and DSDT edited with no errors and with different distros of os x. Currently im back on osx 10.6.6i from Hazzard with Win XP. Everthing is working still except Sound. In system profiler the sound has device id: 12.

Please someone help me if this thread is still alive.

• 3 months later...

Hi tone602,

You can find attached 3 dsdt.dsl with sound working.

The first one is the one I used as example, the second is only to make the sound working and the last contains sound and graphic card (7600 go).

I made its about 3 years ago so I don't exactly remember what I did but as far as I can see today ... well ... what I did wasn't really catholic but it works so I hope it will help.

DSDT Sound only.dsl.zip

DSDT Sound+Graphic.dsl.zip

DSDT_Toshiba.dsl.zip

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi BugsB,

I saw your post only today, about 2 years late xD (I came back few weeks ago on the forum as I have upgraded my PCs).

As I can see, you already purchased a Core 2 Duo which make your P100 more compatible with Lion but as there is no kexts with 64 bits support for graphics, you still boot in 32 bit mode.

I was in the same boat so as I couldn't upgrade to ML, I stayed with SL (I never really appreciated Lion).

Actually, I gave my P100 to my cousin and right now I'm trying to install ML on my new G75VX.

Anyway, anyone who needs help can ask as I've kept the files that I used.

• Like 1

tone602,

1. which exact model do you have - also an p105-s6024, or a different one? In your sig I only see the Dell

2. is the attached DSDT original extracted from the Toshiba, without ANY alterations from you? That's what I'd need.

Hi everyone,

I've tried the bios for p105-s6024 from the op page but still cant get speakers working with SL 10.6.6i from Hazard. I can get the Azilia kext to recognize the HD Audio Output in sound prefs but theres no sound. I tried to input the deviceid in the kext and still no go. I do not have a DSDT for this laptop as i cant get past the errors when i tried to compile the aml file (if anyone has a DSDT for this model could send me... ps i think i have an after market DVDRW drive installed).

With the most current bios 4.70 I can boot into both osx and win8 and have sound working on windows. Is there something else I should try?

Update: I got my dsdt finally past the complile errors but still no sound with Azailia kext. Can someone look at the dsdt fike and tell me if im doing something wrong??
patched it with Dsdt patcher and patches from the ich8 patches but still no sound using stock Phoenix 4.70 bios. I will try flashing one of the modded bios from the op page and report back.

Update2: Still no success with getting sound to work. Tried the Bios 4.20 for p100 and DSDT edited with no errors and with different distros of os x. Currently im back on osx 10.6.6i from Hazzard with Win XP. Everthing is working still except Sound. In system profiler the sound has device id: 12.

Please someone help me if this thread is still alive.

nyu1985, great, thank you! As a matter of fact, the grfx + sound DSDT from your old P100-316 works for the P100 -109 PSPA3E-00N004S4 I scored for a few $$s (+ added a 3.33GHz C2D and a new anti-glare 1650 x 1050 hires LCD) which also has the Nvidia GeForce Go 7600. NVinject etc. proved not to really work in 10.7.5 anymore when plugging in a 2nd monitor, so your DSDT comes in very handy.

I made a diff patch with Chameleon Wiz and applied to my DSDT, but that did not result in a DSDT which worked as yours for my GeForce Go 7600.

I therefore attached my DSDT file with working sound patch already applied. Maybe you can point me into the right direction to integrate your 7600 patch which works for my P100 -109 into its DSDT?

Thanks for sticking around ;),

Bugs

PS: the node or Layout IDs in my Conexant here must be a bit different because regardless of which DSDT and Conexant Waikik AppleHDA I choose, only line in for input, no Mic.

Toshiba Satellite P100 -109 PSPA3E-00N004S4 DSDT 4.8 BIOS.zip

• 6 months later...

Hi Bugs,

Sorry for the late answer. I am digging up the topic but do you steal need support ?

I maybe will have a few time to help you this week-end but I already can tell you that you can find "Go 7600" informations in the DSDT that I posted so you can try to find it and add it into your DSDT.

Keep in touch.

• Like 1

• 7 years later...

Hey folks. Anybody in here still alive? I just recently revived my old Toshi (the one with built-in Intel grfx, 2.33 GHz Core2Duo T7600 (64bit), 1680 x 1050 matt anti-glare WSXGA screen panel)with a super-fast SSD + new speakers, replaced Chameleon with Clover, and it's running the ole OS X Lion astonishingly fast. There is even still current browsers for Lion, Chromium (updated daily) and the (ailing) Waterfox Classic. A really nice 2ndary hackintosh.

tqhoang has been doing quite some magic to the BIOS and created one which already contains ALL DSDT patches required for OS X and Linux, here (the link to test BIOSes).

Trying to add AHCI support he bricked his board and has so far not been able to find a replacement.

Question: if you live in the US or Canada (or even elsewhere) and still have your old Toshi sitting in some dusty corner, would you be willing to donate yours to him so he can finish adding AHCI support for even speedier and more energy efficient SSD operation? tqhoang resides in NJ, USA.

That would be awesome :superman: !!

Even if you can't, you're still invited to drop by here for a casual "Hi, I'm still alive" B) (not a given fact anymore these days)

@nyu1985  @tone602 @nicheljd @jazzminos @mentorek @Vertimyst @Kucksy @magnat2

Edited by BuXb

Hi,

I'm still alive :).

Unfortunately, I donated my old Toshi to a friend several years ago (maybe 10... time runs so fast !).

I'm not even sure if he still has it.

Anyway, nice to see people still playing with it.

Cheers.

• Thanks 1

Thanks. 12 years of hackintosh with more than 10 different setups starting with my Toshi NB100 to the last one with the i9.

Hackintosh is really easy now compared with what we had 12 years ago but it's still a pleasure to discover new Mac OS X... Sorry  MacOS release :).