Release for Toshiba Satellite P10x users: modded BIOS to try and activate Conexant sound chip

BuXb

375 posts in this topic

bios 2.40

Hi all

I have Toshiba Satellite P100-437 pspage

I have search all the web pages i can to find bios 2.40

Can someone please help me find this bios

I know i may be out off topic but PLEASE HELP ME.

Need it for gpu fan not full working before 105c

Toshiba WHY WHY WHY :D-_-:(

I might still have that one somewhere. If you have used any further BIOS versions do not count on any luck getting your GPU fan to work outside of MS Windows.

BIOSES 1.7, 2.1 and 2.4 on [RS]

Good luck!

mentorek

mentorek

THANK you very mutch for your reply.

But this bios do not work for my laptop

I have the toshiba satellite p100-437 (pspage) , it is the european version of the p105 US version (I think)

The bios that you gave me is for US version you :

This BIOS is applicable to the following models:

Satellite P100-ST1071

Satellite P100-ST7111

Satellite P100-ST7211

Satellite P100-ST9712

Satellite P100-ST9732

Satellite P100-ST9742

Satellite P105-S6002

Satellite P105-S6004

Satellite P105-S6012

Satellite P105-S6014

Satellite P105-S6022

Satellite P105-S6024

Satellite P105-S6034

Satellite P105-S6054

Satellite P105-S6062

Satellite P105-S6064

Satellite P105-S6084

Satellite P105-S6102

Satellite P105-S6104

Satellite P105-S6114

Satellite P105-S6124

Satellite P105-S6134

Satellite P105-S921

Satellite P105-S9722

When i try to downgrade its say that i cant.. that my machine is not listed error -151 ......

I have the bios 4.70

Maybe i do something wrong or maybe the bios that i have do not let me downgrade ??????

Thank you again. I see that mac community is far more helpful than windows.

I am trying to make my fan work all time or some time cause cpu goes to 95 and gpu to 105 and the fan is low

I try win xp, win 7 and tomorrow win vista, but i see in the web that bios 2.4 and win xp work great for fan.

mentorek

THANK you very mutch for your reply.

But this bios do not work for my laptop

I have the toshiba satellite p100-437 (pspage) , it is the european version of the p105 US version (I think)

The bios that you gave me is for US version you :

This BIOS is applicable to the following models:

Satellite P100-ST1071

Satellite P100-ST7111

Satellite P100-ST7211

Satellite P100-ST9712

Satellite P100-ST9732

Satellite P100-ST9742

Satellite P105-S6002

Satellite P105-S6004

Satellite P105-S6012

Satellite P105-S6014

Satellite P105-S6022

Satellite P105-S6024

Satellite P105-S6034

Satellite P105-S6054

Satellite P105-S6062

Satellite P105-S6064

Satellite P105-S6084

Satellite P105-S6102

Satellite P105-S6104

Satellite P105-S6114

Satellite P105-S6124

Satellite P105-S6134

Satellite P105-S921

Satellite P105-S9722

When i try to downgrade its say that i cant.. that my machine is not listed error -151 ......

I have the bios 4.70

Maybe i do something wrong or maybe the bios that i have do not let me downgrade ??????

Thank you again. I see that mac community is far more helpful than windows.

I am trying to make my fan work all time or some time cause cpu goes to 95 and gpu to 105 and the fan is low

I try win xp, win 7 and tomorrow win vista, but i see in the web that bios 2.4 and win xp work great for fan.

Well, those bioses were working fine for me and I've got P100-217. The BIOSes are all the same for US/Euro models. Keep in mind that the downgrade might not work from XP/Vista itself but only when you will use a bootable CD. Toshiba is known for not letting people to downgrade easily.

Be careful! As this could easily damage you lappy!

Another update:

What I have found out today is that my speakers are willing to play! At least for a fraction of a second.

When unplugging headphones there is always a bit of sound coming out of the speakers.

I have had a look at codec dump, it seems that NodeIDs are set up correctly in Info.plist but there is still one bit missing somewhere.

I thought that maybe codec verbs or pinconfigurations...

Any ideas?

// PinConfiguration look like a cosmetic thing allowing proper data to be shown in SysPreps but who da hell knows for sure...

// So far the HP jack and Mic jack are working, Internal speakers are kind of partial, no line-in jack as of yet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, friends! Does anyone have any experience on Snow Leo? If successfull write a short tutorial, please!

1. Install method.

2. Necessary kexts (PCI, USB, Graphics)

3. Essential notes.

Thanks beforehands!

With great respect, jazzminos.

p.s. Are there any news on sound? Can I help with this??? In testing or something else.

Hi, friends! Does anyone have any experience on Snow Leo? If successfull write a short tutorial, please!

1. Install method.

2. Necessary kexts (PCI, USB, Graphics)

3. Essential notes.

Thanks beforehands!

p.s. Are there any news on sound? Can I help with this??? In testing or something else.

Hi

I managed to prepare USB stick with Snow, but installer stuck after EHCI could not take control from bios. And repeats message "Still waiting for root device"

I know that IOUSBFamily is kext that I had to use on 10.5.x but when I replace that from Leo to Snow it makes a loooot of errors, and still cannot boot to installer.

If any one could manage what to do with that kext I'll be very glad.

Cheers.

Silo

Hello guys, i have a P105-s6024. I tried the modded bios version 4.0 and got the sound. but when booted up, in preferences, i do not see the ethernet at all, not even in system profiles. i installed it with AppleIntel8255x.kext. I have Intel Pro/100 VE lan card. any suggestions?? thanks..

@ johnLee, check in the BIOS if LAN got disabled. If it did, reenable and boot. If LAN does still not work, reapply your BIOS backup and boot X to see if you have LAN back. Then simply put the included DSDT.aml to root of your X partition, reboot, and you should have sound.

@ mentorek: congrats :P

Anybody successfully applied the 10.5.8 update? I have no graphics at all after the 10.5.8 Delta Update with my Nvidia GeForce 7600 GO.

When I press the power button and then R the machine restarts, so the OS itself is responsive. It is just that there is no graphical UI at all.

I applied my 10.5.7 Extensions backup --> same thing, so it seems to be something outside the Extensions folder (Framebuffer? OpenGL?).

Does anybody have an idea, or experience with this 10.5.8 update NVidia graphics bug?

Thanks,

Bugs

@ jazzminos: don't give up .. ;)

Thanks a lot for all this work you guys, I really appreciate it.

Everything is working great except for one thing. The wifi. I am running on a toshiba P105-S6104. What card would I need to buy to install this in my laptop? I tried looking here but i'm still a little lost.

Anybody successfully applied the 10.5.8 update? I have no graphics at all after the 10.5.8 Delta Update with my Nvidia GeForce 7600 GO.

Hi BugsB,

It was working for me flawlessly. Before I got 10.5.8 I think I had cleaned up my Extensions folder to remove all the {censored} that doubles (decryptors, injectors etc.)

I might try to look for my Extensions folder zipped somewhere if you're interested.

Cheers,

mentorek

hi mentorek, good to hear from you B)

yes, If you could upload your working 10.5.8 XTs.zip that would be great. I am running SnowLeo now with everything working apart from PCMCIA and partial sound with good ole Azalia on my internal HD, and (involuntarily back to) 10.5.7 on one of my externals, for which the .8 XTs would come in very handy.

So you are running Snow now, too, I guess?

@ bozukarob: you need a miniPCIe wifi card. Best to look into the LAN/WIFI section of the forum and see what people suggest there. I swapped mine two years ago so that is not current anymore, see my sig.

hi mentorek, good to hear from you :P

yes, If you could upload your working 10.5.8 XTs.zip that would be great.

So you are running Snow now, too, I guess?

I'll try to locate the .8 XT dir tomorrow.

No I'm not on OSX at all. Went back to Windows - at first XP, now running 7 - I have to say it's working perfect.

I consider going back to OSX for some time in coming weeks as I plan to restart my ObjC development.

BTW. If you happen to know a good Snow installation guide, feel free to send me a link or two :)

cheers,

mentorek

BTW. If you happen to know a good Snow installation guide, feel free to send me a link or two :D

+1

I'm waiting for a good SL release... Uphuck iKAROS, for example... I've read about it on their forum... And it seems that not everything is ready for 10.6 on x86 platform.

I installed SnowOSX Universal 10 6432GM v3.5 from Leo onto another partition, but instead the included bootloader I am using PC_EFI 10.3 (Cham. Bootloader rc2 installer, then copied boot --> root). It's a good release. When you google it you will find lots of dl links (torrent and filehoster) :P

kexts used from Leo:

- IOUSBFamily.kext with modded EHCI (Slice or AnV, does not matter)

- IOPCIFamily.kext 10.5.6 from Chun Nan

- good ole Azalia

for everybody here still not having sound with Azalia: there has been some breaking development concerning automatic DSDT patching.

I just dropped my MoBos original 4.7 DSDT as created from DSDT patcher GUI onto mitch_de's iASLme http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=189272, copied the produced dsdt.aml onto /, restarted and BOOM had sound (in SnowLeo, but should be the same in Leo) ;)

Go for it, gusy, and post results.

@ mentorek: might even improve or solve your current state, with Azalia and/or HDA

for everybody here still not having sound with Azalia: there has been some breaking development concerning automatic DSDT patching.

I just dropped my MoBos original 4.7 DSDT as created from DSDT patcher GUI onto mitch_de's iASLme http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=189272, copied the produced dsdt.aml onto /, restarted and BOOM had sound (in SnowLeo, but should be the same in Leo) :)

Go for it, gusy, and post results.

@ mentorek: might even improve or solve your current state, with Azalia and/or HDA

Hi guys,

I've installed the SnowOSX (or whatever it's called) distro on my Tosh. Works OK.

There are a few issues though:

1. There are some bugs/issues with display drivers (nVidia) - I get white stripes blinking for half a second or so. Not all the time. It happens when using OpenGL or other gpu/cpu intensive functionalities (esp. watching movies).
  2. The method to update DSDT using mitch_de's application is not an option for me. It just kills my audio - maybe I should start using AppleHDA from SL?
  3. I cannot make my touchpad to work with tapping on it. Moving cursor around works flawlessly, tapping - no go. Any suggestions?
  4. Very long shutdown/reboot procedure - screen gets dark but Tosh is not going down for another 2-5 minutes!

For some reason my Bluetooth started to work with SL. I don't know why but it is present after each reboot.

BTW. is 10.6.1 update safe for our machines?

That's all for now.

cheers,

mentorek

hi mentorek,

that's good news all together. Here some details:

1. Nvidia: similar here, but very occasionally. Nothing that bothers me

2. dsdt: there is s.th. fundamentally different about your Toshi's dsdt compared to others, but you know that

3. tp: never tried tapping

4. sd/rs: I have spent quite some time figuring all the correct kexts and kext versions out, and where they have to go (some S/L/E, some Extra/E), and got it all working now 100% fine. I have been working on a package release with short install guide + kexts which will be ready soon.

10.6.1: yes, safe

wake-up from sleep: my dsdt had to be corrected even more for wake-up from sleep to work (would remain at a blank screen after wake-up) ....

• 1 month later...