Build a Perfect Mac for less than $250

780 posts in this topic

hey so if anyone is still around in this thread... has anyone been able to upgrade this to 10.6.3??? the atom processor has stumped me... ive been running 10.6.1 perfectly but cant upgrade.. if anyone has successfully done so would you mind sharing?? thanks

• 2 weeks later...
hey so if anyone is still around in this thread... has anyone been able to upgrade this to 10.6.3??? the atom processor has stumped me... ive been running 10.6.1 perfectly but cant upgrade.. if anyone has successfully done so would you mind sharing?? thanks

Use the same procedure as for a NetBook - I believe you have to use the 10.6.1 kernel...

Patrick

• 2 years later...

Hi, trying to revive this very old thread.

I have been a member here since early days (installing deadmoo-Tiger developer release) but haven't set up a Hackintosh in a long time and haven't been following the developments for more than two years.

I set up one of these boards for my in-laws with leopard a few years back. It still serves them well for their emailing and internet-surfing (they're not power users). I want to bring their system up to date with a snow leopard or lion install, just to patch many of the vulnerabilities that their current system has.

Has anyone successfully installed Lion on this atom board ?