Kalyway 10.5.4? When do you think it will be released?

Panarchy

39 posts in this topic

For my money, if it ain't broke, don't try and fix it -- unless it's for a specific reason.

I'm looking at getting MobileMe so 10.5.4 is necessary (as far as I can tell). That's my reason for wanting 10.5.4.

I'm looking at getting MobileMe so 10.5.4 is necessary (as far as I can tell). That's my reason for wanting 10.5.4.

I just reinstalled using weaksauce12's excellent guide after having trouble getting the modified boot-132 install up and running. Right now, I've got 10.5.3 running on my GA-EP35-DS3L and installed the MobileMe update manually. I downloaded the installer from the link found here. MobileMe seems to be working fine in 10.5.3, so I'm not sure that you need 10.5.4 for it.

That's it, I've waited longer 'nough for Kalyway. I'll attempt it.

Hi All

Successful update to 10.5.4 using software update. My system was at 10.5.3 thanks to kalyway update. I thought i would brave it and try the update and sure enough it worked.

Oddly enough after reboot i typed "uname -a" to see which kernel i was running. It repoted 9.2 by TOH, odd. I then rebooted and typed in "-f update -v" , now im running off the 9.4 vanilla kernel.

Good luck to all who attempt this.

Oh yeah specs

Aopen i975xa-YDG

Intel T7200 2GHZ oc'd @ 2.4GHZ

EVGA 7800GT

Did what you said to do step by step. WORKED FOR ME ;)

Panarchy

Specs

GIGABYTE 8800GTS 512MB

Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4GHz

ASUS P5K-E WiFi

:)

Hi everyone, I have a quick question, so please help out a noob if you can. I originally installed Kalyway 10.5.2, then the 5.3 combo update and lastly the 10.5.4 update from apple. Everything is running great, except I cannot hotplug USB devices. I have been reading through this thread, and I see i need to install some ktext for usb acceptance, but I have no idea what to even look for. My specs are below, and I'd appreciate any help, thank you!

ASUS P5K Premium

Q6600

9800GTX

Again, everything is working except USB hotplugging. It's the last small thing i need to figure out, but an important one for me. Thank you again in advance.

i'm using kalyway 10.5.3 and tried the apple software update to have 10.5.4 and it killed my system so I had to make a clean install

spec

Intel motherboard @ 3.2 Ghz Dual pentium 4

Nvidia 7300 GT 512 mb ( no QE/cI no rotation )

160 GB seagate IDE

I'm really waiting for kalyway 10.5.4 update so bad cuz i won't try anything out and need to keep my current leopard working unless some one tells me about something working indeed

@ philomath

I used the mobile me pkg and installed it on kalyway 10.5.3 and it worked like charm also i was unable to send emails from Mail and had to do this from "me.com" but now i can send emails from "Mail" directly

2717153609_e98bf3ddbf_o.png

I also would love a new kalyway dvd release! I could update from 10.5.2 to 10.5.3 with the kalya combo update, and to 10.5.4 through software updates. But no GL graphics don't work and I even can't play files on VLC (avi, wmv...) :thumbsup_anim:

i'm using kalyway 10.5.3 and tried the apple software update to have 10.5.4 and it killed my system so I had to make a clean install

spec

Intel motherboard @ 3.2 Ghz Dual pentium 4

Nvidia 7300 GT 512 mb ( no QE/cI no rotation )

160 GB seagate IDE

You know you can probably get the NVidia card to work with QE/CI/Rotation right? I managed to do it, but it required me to patch my cards ROM. I have the BFG 7300 GT/512. Do you get VESA 2.0 256MB on boot up? If so, follow this page.

http://nvinject.free.fr/512Mb.html

10.5.3 Kalyway to 10.5.4 is as simple as using Software Update like a real Mac. It's not that big and doesn't change a whole lot of files (Verses other upgrades). I dove right into it, and now I even took Security Update 2008-005 without any issues.

10.5.2 Kalyway DVD -> 10.5.3 Combo Update -> 10.5.4 Software Update -> 2008-005 Software Update + iTunes

I believe using the software update directly from Apple usually only works with Intel machines. Doesn't it kill AMD machines because the update installs default files only for Intel?? Correct me if I'm wrong. I will definitely be waiting for kalyway to release a combo update for .4

@ Musketball

ofcourse at boot i get VESA 2.0 256 mb..I think u have the same problem but I can't follow the guide in that page and I can't get NVflash ..could u plz send me a link ?

And I don't know how to boot to DOS from kalyway 10.5.3 ...how did u do that ?

I´ve done the weeksauce12 guide but get the same issue, couldn´t get the 10.5.4 update so I stayed on .3, but still trying to get the right video card installer. Used nvinstaller v51 but no luck, the screen goes black...

• 2 weeks later...

odisea : i have exactly the same problem i'm also at 10.5.3 and didn't get my graphic card installer yet and can't get any resolution change or QE/CI but i'm going to try 10.5.4 Delta update by mysticus

will this work on kalyway 10.5.3 ?

• 4 weeks later...