How Can I Force a Firmware Update on a Revo64 SATA Card?

3 posts in this topic

I recently bought a used XFX Revo64 SATA controller (my second, I have one working in another Mac already). The new card does not function in my Mac (DA G4/ OS X 10.4.11). When I tried to update its firmware I got a "Cross platform update Error" message, its firmware was identified as v1.6.4.1, PC! I tested the card in an old Dell GX240 and it works perfectly. I tried using the PC flash utility to write the Mac firmware but I got a similar "Invalid Firmware" error message. Someone out there knew how to force flash PC firmware onto a Mac card, does anyone know how to put the Mac firmware onto a card that "thinks" it's now a PC edition?

PS- I am certain the card in question is really a Mac card- it is identical to my working Mac card in every way. It has a factory sticker identifying it as SP-MAC3-V V1.0, MAC 3-port SATA PCI. It came in the proper box and included the Mac utility CD-ROM. The seller isn't answering my emails....

No visible option to force the update in either the Mac or Windows utility. I was hoping that some key sequence, like apple-option on the mac utility, might reveal additional hidden options but I can't find any.