WD External HD Problems on Vista

2 posts in this topic

Sorry in advance if Im asking in the wrong forum.. be worth a shot.

So Ive been running Leopard on my familys shared Compaq desktop for a couple months now and Ive loved every minute of it. Due to my family bitching about stupid errors and their unwillingless to use Leopard, I was told to reinstall Vista. Well.. some things went wrong (long story, dont care to eloborate :P ) so im not left with just Vista running on my HD.

Now that you have a backstory, heres my problem. Before I installed Vista, I was using time machine (or at least attempting to do so) on my Western Digital (My Book) external hd. I backed up all my important stuff onto it (docs, music, mail, etc...). My problem is is that now vista isnt even showing it in "My Computer" Im thiking it has something to do with Time Machine formatting it as Journlaed or w/e.

Any help will be apprciated :)

Itd really suck to loose all my backups :(

• 4 weeks later...

Yea, stansky, I think that backups' file system is HFS+ (default for mac os), and it won't be readable from any kind of Windows. I advice you to make use of MacDrive v7 application to get your data readable (this program should be installed in Vista) =)

Please let me know if this program worked for you. =)