Display Connector:

SyncMaster:

Resolution: 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Rotation: Supported

How do i fix the unknown nVidia card? and is their a software to show that my card is performing correctly? thanks

Hey there mate follow this guide from WallyFTW he helped me out, check my screen shots of the video card in about this Mac.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1515768

Hope this helps, its a little bit of work but you can get it straight this way.

Cheers mate, Plucka

GTS250 OpenGL 3.0

Hi guyz I'm Piyush Rawal and Here's my problem....

according to my graphic card manufacturer "Zotac" my card support OpenGL 3.2...

http://www.zotac.com/index.php?option=com_...025&lang=in

but when i test it with OpenGL extension viewer it always fails on 3.0,,, i don't know why.. :wacko:

4815200687_6fb961fc23.jpg

4815835364_575dce87eb.jpg

4815844430_3e41a56b05.jpg

I am using aqua-mac's EFI string Method to get this card work,,, this is what system profiler shows

4815844742_7f88df610e.jpg

and sometimes there's also very minor lag in animations like when opening application folder from dock, Installing apps (that drag and drop part),,, but its very minor..!

I'm not sure whether it's a bug or that is how it works... I don't know.... Here's my xbench result.

4815256033_43dede9969.jpg

is this a bug or am i supposed to use some other new/better method to make this card work???

Thank you and please ignore my fail English i know it sucks :(

P.S. I am using Snow leopard 10.6.3

I get this same problem in Leopard 10.5.8. GTS 250, P5K-Deluxe, Q6600. I also get weird video crashes randomly, where the screen gets vertical lines and the colors all get distorted. Card worked fine in vista

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Allright Y'all, if you've been in 'a world of pain' because of your G210, this may help you:

I have my G210 nearly working (it was not even nearly working before in 10.6.0). I installed the 10.6.4 update and used an EFI string with my own nvcap (added after I converted the .plist to hex since NVCAP maker only outputs hex) and PCI address added ( and GraphicsEnabler=n no NVEnabler). Right now QE/CL is working (!) and the card is shown correctly in System Profiler, BUT I cannot change resolutions without causing it to go to blue screen (even after restart), so I'm stuck in 800x600 for now.

I'm going to work more on this, I feel like I'm close to getting it working. If you have any tips, please tell me. Once I get it working I'll post the winning combination.

I'm using a ECS EliteGroup Silent Series G210 with 512MB DDR3.

UPDATE

I now have QE/CL and can change resolutions without crashing. DVI, HDMI, and Dual Displays are still untested.

Here's how I did it:

-10.6.4 Combo Updater package (not through Software Update)

-GraphicsEnabler=n in com.apple.boot.plist

-NVEnabler 64.kext

-Added my device ID to NVResman.kext and NVDANV50hal.kext

Thanks for the writeup. Just picked up a G41M-ES2L board and I'm using an EVGA GeForce 210. Been getting close, but I still need to work on things (once finals are over).

Going to try this method, but with the 10.6.5 combo updater, and report back here.

Also, I've downloaded a NVEnabler 64.kext, but is there a specific one I need for this card, or will any NVEnabler 64.kext file work?

Ok, got my BFG/Nvidia G210 (desktop version) card working 100%, with QE/CI, etc, under 10.6.5. Here's how:

• First, you'll need to get into Windows somehow. Follow this guide to dump your card's ROM. Note: If NVFlash gives you an error, like it did for me, use GPU-Z to get your BIOS as a .bin file. Download and use NiBiTor (Nvidia BIOS Editor), open the .bin file you saved from GPU-Z, DO NOT MODIFY ANYTHING, then save it as a .rom file.

• Continue following the above link to get your NVCAP. Save this in a text file for later.

• Fresh install of Snow Leopard: created USB installer with retail DVD and Kakewalk (for my mobo, G41M-ES2L).

• Boot up with -v -x flags, since the card doesn't work yet.

• When in OS X, use a program like OSX86 Tools or EFI Studio, and create a custom GFX string. Name it 'NVIDIA GeForce 210.' Set the proper amount of video memory (512 MB), then copy and paste your custom NVCAP when it asks you for it. Copy and paste the resulting long EFI string, paste it in your com.apple.Boot.plist, GET RID OF THE GRAPHICSENABLER LINES (this is important), and save it. Also, get rid of any injectors you might have (NVEnabler, etc).

• From here, I updated to 10.6.5 with the combo updater. Nothing broken, and everything works wonderfully. The proper ROM version is posted, etc. I'll post a screenshot of my Profiler later.

Hi all,

I have an issue similar to @DiscoDancer who is running a GTS 250. I am using a GFX string and my card has been running fine overall. No weird lines or problems from that angle. The real question is why some OS X animations seem slow. I can run a movie in full screen without issue, but quicklook, dashboard, and even typing in adium are sometimes sluggish.

I'm trying to determine if this is normal behavior for GTS 250 1024mb card, or if something's up.

I have a quad core 2.8, and in Cinebench I'm getting only 15FPS on the Open Gl test. Any ideas?

Thanks so much.

Ok, got my BFG/Nvidia G210 (desktop version) card working 100%, with QE/CI, etc, under 10.6.5. Here's how:

• First, you'll need to get into Windows somehow. Follow this guide to dump your card's ROM. Note: If NVFlash gives you an error, like it did for me, use GPU-Z to get your BIOS as a .bin file. Download and use NiBiTor (Nvidia BIOS Editor), open the .bin file you saved from GPU-Z, DO NOT MODIFY ANYTHING, then save it as a .rom file.

• Continue following the above link to get your NVCAP. Save this in a text file for later.

• Fresh install of Snow Leopard: created USB installer with retail DVD and Kakewalk (for my mobo, G41M-ES2L).

• When in OS X, use a program like OSX86 Tools or EFI Studio, and create a custom GFX string. Name it 'NVIDIA GeForce 210.' Set the proper amount of video memory (512 MB), then copy and paste your custom NVCAP when it asks you for it. Copy and paste the resulting long EFI string, paste it in your com.apple.Boot.plist, GET RID OF THE GRAPHICSENABLER LINES (this is important), and save it. Also, get rid of any injectors you might have (NVEnabler, etc).

• From here, I updated to 10.6.5 with the combo updater. Nothing broken, and everything works wonderfully. The proper ROM version is posted, etc. I'll post a screenshot of my Profiler later.

Ok, I'm following you up to the point where you talk about OSX86Tools or EFIStudio. OSX86Tools doesn't like my system, and I can't find the proper EFIStudio that has my video card defined.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Did anybody tryed the xfx gt 240x gddr5 1gb card?

I 've just ordered it and beside there are lots of threads on the 512mb and the 1gb ddr3 models from different vendors I can't get any info on this specific card!

Im planning to run OS 10.6.5 and I would much apreciate any thoughts on it.

(YES! I've been at tonymac's but would like some views from you guys)

Thanks in advance!!

"First, you'll need to get into Windows somehow. Follow this guide to dump your card's ROM. Note: use GPU-Z to get your BIOS as a .bin file.

Download and use NiBiTor (Nvidia BIOS Editor), open the .bin file you saved from GPU-Z, DO NOT MODIFY ANYTHING, then save it as a .rom file."

For my knowledge the file is 100% same as the extracted with GPU-Z , so why use NiBitor later, if you dont modify anything, only safe it ?!

Renaming the .bin (GPU-Z) to .rom does the same ?

Or is thre something special i missed?

"First, you'll need to get into Windows somehow. Follow this guide to dump your card's ROM. Note: use GPU-Z to get your BIOS as a .bin file.

Download and use NiBiTor (Nvidia BIOS Editor), open the .bin file you saved from GPU-Z, DO NOT MODIFY ANYTHING, then save it as a .rom file."

For my knowledge the file is 100% same as the extracted with GPU-Z , so why use NiBitor later, if you dont modify anything, only safe it ?!

Renaming the .bin (GPU-Z) to .rom does the same ?

Or is thre something special i missed?

Use NiBitor to open the .bin file and SAVE it to .rom format.

Renaming would render the .rom unrecognised becasue it's still .rom format.

• 1 month later...

That's the exakt HowTo to get a GeForce/NVidia G210 (see my signature for ma card) running and fully supported with Snow Leo. You can also look at my post # 551.

Just one question:

My HP-Monitor (hp2229h) is connected via DVI-to-HDMI-adapter at my graphic card. If I change to the HDMI-port directly of the card while my system is already running on 10.6.5, the output is fine. But if I reboot with the monitor still connected to HDMI, i only get a blue output, no login screen or anything else, I have to replug my DVI-to-HDMI-adapter for proper output (maybe thats the secundary output for dual display???).

What can I do, so that I connect only via HDMI-cable?

I have an Palit G210 that worked out of the box in my system. This is what i did:

- install Snow 10.6.0 using retail method

- install 10.6.6 Combo update (do not restart yet)

- install latest Chameleon (RC5 699)

- add GraphicsEnabler - Yes in com.apple.Boot.plist

- install fakeSMC and all required kexts in /E/E

- install dsdt.aml

- repair permissions

- restart and enjoy Snow Leopard

post-162415-1294874667_thumb.jpg