GeForce 200 series support

EGOvoruhk

638 posts in this topic

@everyone with GTX 285

My method should. However if you get a black screen when you boot, remove the GraphicsEnabler=y and you will be fine.

@InToGraphics

It is hard to know, because you have a rather unusual setup. The GTX285 isn't available anymore and 275 is less common, so I would go with the GTX 260. There seems to be a guide here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1468034

here is how you make it work for the following graphics cards: GeForce GTX 295, Quadro CX, Quadro FX 5800, Quadro FX 4800, GeForce 8800 GTS 512, GeForce GTS 240, GeForce 9800M GTX, GeForce GTX 280M, GeForce 9800M GT, GeForce GTS 250, GeForce 9800M GTX, GeForce GTX 260M, Quadro FX 3800M, GeForce 9600 GSO 512, GeForce 9700M GT, GeForce 9650M GT, GeForce GT 130M, Quadro FX 380, Quadro FX 580, Quadro FX 1700M, Quadro FX 770M, GeForce 9300 GE, GeForce G 105M, GeForce G 103M, Quadro NVS 420, Quadro FX 370 LP, Quadro NVS 450, Quadro NVS 295, GeForce 210, GeForce GT 230M, GeForce GT 240M, GeForce 205, GeForce 310, GeForce 210, GeForce 310, GeForce G210M, Quadro FX 380 LP, GeForce GT 240, GeForce GTS 260M, GeForce GTS 250M

i don't have much time but here is are the basics:

Download Chameleon RC5 prerelease 12: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=67665

Install using the following guide: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=164809

Boot with GraphicsEnabler=y

everything should work ;) (even if GraphicsEnabler has never worked for you)

Is this going to work under 10.5 as well?

Thanks, Lemur! For the record, I picked up a Sparkle GeForce GT 240 1024MB DDR3 that I have running 2 displays (one on VGA, one on DVI) but without Quartz Extreme using Chameleon 2.0 RC4 with GraphicsEnabler set to yes. Installing RC5 prerelease 12 as you suggested finally got Quartz Extreme working. The only thing is that the system profiler still reports VRAM (Total) as being 512MB instead of the full 1024MB. Anyone know if there's a fix?

Hi,

Please, Can you supply the exact product number?

Is it f.e

Sparkle Geforce GT 240 1024 MB Pci-Express Graphic Card SXT2401024S3-NM

http://www.amazon.com/Sparkle-Geforce-Pci-...M/dp/B002XFA80M

or

Sparkle Geforce GT240 1GB DDR3 PCI-E (LP) SXT2401024S3L-NMP

http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/254697/spar...).html#tab:info

or

Hey. I just got a new nVidia GeForce 210 with 512MB VRAM by eVGA. I've tried just about everything to get it working. I've dumped my own NVCAP (0400000000000300100000000000000700000000) then use it to get an EFI string via OSx86 tools --> No QE/CI/Resolutions. I added my devID (0a65) to NVDAResman.kext in combination with the EFI string and it hung on boot up. Got the last line before the Desktop was suppose to boot but that was it. Removed NVDAResman.kext and now I can boot but just with no QE/CI at 1024x768. I have Chameleon RC4 installed; I've tried RC5 but after I entered a boot flag it just restarted the computer. I've also tried the "Enabler for some nVidia & ATI cards.pkg" but that didn't work either. Can anyone give me a noob-friendly step by step guide on how to get this working, its annoying me because I know people have been successful with it. Thank you all so much. Also, I'm on Leopard 10.5.7.

EDIT: I installed the gt200 drivers package with Netkas universal injector (Enabler for some nVidia & ATI cards.pkg) which took me to full resolution. Then I said, "Alright, sweet". The Mouse appeared but when it went to the desktop I got graphical glitches with random distorted images instead of icons. So then I restored my partition and did only the gt200 drivers package. Booted, got mouse and blue screen. Then transparent menu bar and dock showed up but the wallpaper didn't change; it glitched, freezing the desktop. Seriously stuck at a wall here.

Most people say all it needs is just an EFI string but I tried that and got nothing. Please help.

I've dumped my own NVCAP (0400000000000300100000000000000700000000) then use it to get an EFI string via OSx86 tools

Here's something I don't understand. I too have a G210, and in the EFI strings that I've downloaded, in the .plist file the NVCAP is always BAAAAAAAAwAQAAAAAAAABwAAAAA== or something like that. I got the ROM from my g210 and NVCAP maker said my NVCAP was 0400000000000300080000000000000700000000 . So the same as yours except for that 8. Now all the guides I've read say to put that into your .plist in the NVCAP string, but what NVCAP maker makes is clearly a different format (hex?). So can you put that into your .plist, or do you have to convert it to xml (and HOW?)?

I have Acer 7738G graphics card with Nvidia GeForce GT 240M - 1gb. For several days trying to do DSDT for my card but I leave mistakes.

in ACPI Patcher 0.2 Beta 5 for the configuration of DSDT.aml displayed:

Unable To oplen file.

and

Error when extracting ACPI.

Would someone help me deal with this problem?

hi all, i have installed snow leopard 10.6 all is good, boots from hard drive, im running a gts 250 graphics card.. ive been searching for days for a kext to enable it. ive tried nvenabler and nvinject to no avail.

is it possible for someone to point me in the right direction to enable this card or any help would be grateful

thanks. ste.

Allright Y'all, if you've been in 'a world of pain' because of your G210, this may help you:

I have my G210 nearly working (it was not even nearly working before in 10.6.0). I installed the 10.6.4 update and used an EFI string with my own nvcap (added after I converted the .plist to hex since NVCAP maker only outputs hex) and PCI address added ( and GraphicsEnabler=n no NVEnabler). Right now QE/CL is working (!) and the card is shown correctly in System Profiler, BUT I cannot change resolutions without causing it to go to blue screen (even after restart), so I'm stuck in 800x600 for now.

I'm going to work more on this, I feel like I'm close to getting it working. If you have any tips, please tell me. Once I get it working I'll post the winning combination.

I'm using a ECS EliteGroup Silent Series G210 with 512MB DDR3.

UPDATE

I now have QE/CL and can change resolutions without crashing. DVI, HDMI, and Dual Displays are still untested.

Here's how I did it:

-10.6.4 Combo Updater package (not through Software Update)

-GraphicsEnabler=n in com.apple.boot.plist

-NVEnabler 64.kext

-Added my device ID to NVResman.kext and NVDANV50hal.kext

Hi everyone, a time ago has been installed Snow Leopard on my PC, but not support acceleration hardware, I been Installed NVinject, but that not support Graphics Acceleration yet, if anyone know how to enable (I'm a little noob in this), I will appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

New NVidia GTX285 Drivers, can it work with on 10.6.4 hackintosh??

Hi guys!

NVidia released last week an official drivers update for the its GTX-285 card... Can someone confirm that it works on Hackintosh 10.6.4 ? My motherboard is a GA-X58A-UD5. I am willing to try it out on a very stable system if someone can confirm that this test will not render my daily computer to a pile of ...

http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce-macosx-19.5.8f03-driver.html ://http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforc...03-driver.html ://http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforc...03-driver.html

thanks. :)

I'm running 2 GTX 280s in an SLI configuration on an EVGA 780i FTW board and removed the power to the second card to install OS X using the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] Supported CD and Retail SL (I used USB DVD and HDD as I had no ATA driver installed at this point). After the installing I copied over AnV's AppleNforceATA kext and then used [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] for the bootloader and NVEnabler. This resulted in a usable and stable OS with working SATA, Graphics and WiFi. I didn't install kexts for the onboard LAN as I don't need it and I'm using a USB sound card for audio.

However, if I add the second card back again the OS becomes unusable. Without the SLI bridge installed, the boot process ends with a black screen, and although I can get into the OS with it installed, it freezes soon after the desktop appears. The HDD LED on the case still blinks regularly in both cases, so it looks like the boot process is still going on but video output has stopped.

I would like the second card in purely for convenience, as I don't want to have to disconnect the power to it every time I switch between Win7 and OS X. As such, it doesn't matter if the second card is essentially useless in OS X because I won't be needing it for an extra monitor or anything.

I understand that edits can be made to NVEnabler or other kexts to support dual graphics cards, so would this fix my issue, and how would I go about editing the correct files?

Hi everyone, a time ago has been installed Snow Leopard on my PC, but not support acceleration hardware, I been Installed NVinject, but that not support Graphics Acceleration yet, if anyone know how to enable (I'm a little noob in this), I will appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

Did you add your device ID to NVDAResman and NVDANV50hal kexts?

Removing old EFI strings?, Please help!

Okay, so I have a snow leopard install, and I had a nVidia 8800GT, and it worked great. I used EFI studio to install the EFI strings for it, and it worked well. I've now upgraded to a nVidia GTS 250. I've tried installing EFI strings for it countless times, but in system profiler it still shows the 8800GT. Is there any solution to this? I would really rather not have to reinstall unless that's the only way.

Thanks for reading.

Hey everybody, I have had limited success with installing a Palit Nvidia GT240 512MB video card, limited in the sense that it seems to work with the drivers from Nvidia (product id removed) but after a couple of reboots it ceases working and I have to revert back to my old card, see signature.

Does anyone have any advice or tips for getting this card to work, when it worked it wasnt recognized in the about this mac info, it said unknown card and unknown vendor and the ROM version was xx.xx.xx - internal?

Any and all replies are more than welcome, cheers for now, Plucka :)

post-91840-1279208851_thumb.png

post-91840-1279208869_thumb.png

My graphics card: EVGA GTX 260 192core

I've been suffering the issue of not being able to play games on my iATKOS S3 v2 installation because I am getting ~60 FPS (in Counter-Strike Source) with skips.

OpenGL Benchmark:

Screenshot2010-07-16at122255AM.png

Stats:

Screenshot2010-07-16at122357AM.png

How might I fix this performance issue? On Windows I get ~300-500FPS in CSS

Thanks in advance.

I'm having a really tough time getting my ASUS GTS 250 to work properly. I'm using the latest Hazard 10.6.2 install disc. When I do a fresh install without enabling the gfx card, everything works smoothly, though at a low resolution. When I use any of the many options to enable the gfx card the display become jittery. Motion on the screen is jittery and movement in the mouse is extremely jittery and almost unusable. Once enabled the screen does work at the proper resolution and quartz extreme seems to be enabled. This seems to be related to the gfx card since the problem only occurs once it's enabled. I've seen reports of Hazard working fine on the motherboard. Any ideas?