Mac OS X 10.5.4 Released

osxfan156

65 posts in this topic

Additional Information

What's included?

The 10.5.4 Update is recommended for all users running Mac OS X Leopard and includes general operating system fixes that enhance the stability, compatibility and security of your Mac.

General

Includes recent Apple security updates.

Resolves an issue with saving and reopening Adobe Creative Suite 3 files on a remote server.

Includes additional RAW image support for several cameras.

Addresses an issue that may result in a partially installed X11 application.

Improves L2TP VPN client reliability.

AirPort

Addresses AirPort reliability issues with 5GHz networks.

Addresses AirPort issues that may result in slower performance in Logic Studio or MainStage.

iCal

Improves overall iCal reliability for meeting requests, cancellation notices, delegation, and syncing with iPhone.

Resolves an issue that prevents deleting an iCal event without notifying the creator.

Addresses an issue in which events in all calendars affect availability. A checkbox now enables information-only calendars to be transparent from free/busy lookups.

Resolves a UI issue preventing delegated calendars from showing up as a separate window.

Addresses an issue with copying and pasting attendees from one event to another.

Resolves an issue in which iCal may not delete events after a specified time interval, even when set to do so in iCal preferences.

Addresses an issue in which To Dos cannot be marked private.

Safari

Addresses a potential performance issue when loading secure web pages.

Resolves issues that may be encountered when accessing secure web pages with client certificates that reside on a smart card.

Spaces and Exposé

Addresses an issue in which switching from a space with a Finder window keeps the Finder as the active application instead of the application residing in the destination space.

Fixes an issue in which dragging an application from the list of application assignments in Spaces System Preferences does not assign the application to the desired space.

Resolves an Exposé issue that may result in only a subset of windows being shown.

You should use Software updater for the COmbo.

Also, Everyone, just a reminder:

DO A TIME MACHINE BACKUP BEFORE DOING THIS

This update has JUST been released today and not a lot of people have done it yet so if you have problems, just restore your time machine backup to before the update. Thank you.

I am running a Dell Inspiron 1525 with Leo4All v3 and the Kalaway 10.5.3 update. I installed the 5.4 update using Apple Update and it installed and booted up just fine. See attached picture.

post-19647-1214859784_thumb.png

InterfaceLIFT, I have the same one.

Stay on topic please.

I would recommend all you Hackintoshers to stay away from the update until a pro like Netkas confirms it. As J0hn Demented might have just edited the files, "System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist"

It updates fine here. Boots without problems.

Kalyway 10.5.2 updated to 10.5.3 with Kalyways Combo Update, then 10.5.4 with software update. Hasn't done any testing yet, but I noticed that it changed my modified values in "About This Mac" to the default ones. Unknown cpu etc.. Looking fine so far with EFI strings for graphics.

HEY, i just updated my acer aspire 3680 via software update to 10.5.4 it had kalyway 10.5.3 combo update using the vanilla kernal and it worked fine

EXCEPT

it broke my wifi, and usb. but thank god i had my old kexts. BACK UP YOUR KEXTS!

OK,

Backup your kexts with the OSX86 Tools utility then update if you have an Intel Core 2 Duo Processor.

All others will be towed (screwed)

Just a minor correction, I don't think it has to be a Core2 Duo; anything w/ the Core2 microarchitecture should work. My Core2 Quad works fine, and I'm sure the Xeon equivalents of the Core2 would also work (like the X3350 or X3220)

They're still using the 9.3.0 kernel, eh? Won't this cause USB problems and the like due to kernel mismatching? Or is the 10.5.4 system still designed for the 9.3.0 kernel?

I just updated my macbook using Software Update and the kernel is 9.4.0

I just updated my macbook using Software Update and the kernel is 9.4.0

Yeah, I just did the update on my Asus P5B/overclocked C2D e6550 setup and my kernel is 9.4.0; and (obviously) it's working great so far. So I guess I answered my own question!

Same here - update with no problem and no reinstall of kexts...

Is it just me or is this kind of weird. Every update so far, have to be real careful with backups etc.

All of a sudden OS X is running very well on stock machines. Wonder why.