10.5.4 is released !

207 posts in this topic

Wow! Software Update worked for me! Gotta say, I was not expecting this little nugget ;)

Unfortunately, no change with my Sleep - goes to sleep, but nothing I go brings my Hack out of sleep except a hard restart ;)

Leo4allv3 upgraded with Kalyway 10.5.3 combo, 10.5.4 via Software Update

9.2.2 Sleep kernel

can i use vanilla kernel on pentium 4 3.0 ht ?????? i have following specs

intel p4 3.0 HT

gigabyte mobo ICH7

geforce 8800GT 512 g92

2 gb ram 667MHz

and kalyway update 10.5.3 - i used modbin kernel cani use vanillla kernel ??

can i use vanilla kernel on pentium 4 3.0 ht ?????? i have following specs

intel p4 3.0 HT

gigabyte mobo ICH7

geforce 8800GT 512 g92

2 gb ram 667MHz

and kalyway update 10.5.3 - i used modbin kernel cani use vanillla kernel ??

In a short answer, no

In a long answer, what makes you think you can when you weren't able to with 10.5.2 or 10.5.3? The fact that you used the modbin kernel shows you never used the vanilla kernel before. But I think someone has a patched AMD kernel that is for 10.5.4 on here. Find the link.

I updated from 10.5.2 to 10.5.4. Have been using the vanilla kernel. First tried the combo update from software update. It KP'ed. Restored from backup, used kalyway 10.5.3 updater. Went back to software update and installed 10.5.4. Worked perfectly.

I'm assuming that the combo update tried to force AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement on to me but the non-combo update doesnt.

A Pentium D and a Pentium Dual Core are a different kettle of fish. That's why I asked. The Pentium D requires a hacked kernel.

Don't forget the Intel chipset :hysterical: I have Pentium Dual Core but I can't run vanilla - VIA chipset.

Just updated my Hack to 10.5.4 directly through Apple updates. Everything seems to be working on my system the way it's supposed to. Updated the kernel to 9.4. So far, I haven't noticed a difference in the start up time as some have suggested. All CS3 and FCS2 software are still working as they should.

Just installed with the Software update system

No changing of files

just -v -f at start up for luck

all works fine

post-237842-1214912962_thumb.png

I'm Running with:Manufacturer:

Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

Processor: Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz

Memory: 3582MB RAM

Hard Drive: 500 GB

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS

Monitor: Hannstar HG216 22" LCD Widescreen

Sound Card: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)

Speakers/Headphones: Logitech ClearChat Pro USB

Keyboard: Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard

Mouse: Logitech G9 Laser Mouse

and the Motherboard modle is: GA-P35-DS3

Operating System: OSX86 Project Kalyway Leopard 10.5.4

PERFECT!

LOL, ok we have established that Core Processors with intel chipsets work with 10.5.4 updates.

Btw, I really love some of the prior moronic posts where people don't provide ANY system details other than say "duh, worked for me duh"

Me, back to 10.5.3

Looks like I just {censored}ed it, done the normal update and tried updating kernel with bhast2's link. But DVD terminal didn't give me access to the file and didn't let me use su or sudo.

Restoring now via Time Machine.

i have a thinkpad x60s w/ a coreduo proc. Kalyway 10.5.2 + 10.5.3 combo-update with speedstep kernel and gma950 individual fix.

The only problem i had moving to the 10.5.4 apple 88mb update was, that for the first time ever, my sound didn't work. So i just restored my backed up *udio*.kext's, and now my sound works again.

Sleep does not work for me, when itry to come back fro sleep, i get a "tampering" error, which is probably permissions or something. Then the machine shuts itself down, but starts up fine again when powered back on.

I will stay with this for now, but if kalyway releases a standalone update w/ a patched 9.4 kernel, i will roll back to 10.5.3 and apply the kalyway update.

not sure i'd call it moronic but i'd have to agree, "worked for me" with no details what so ever, is a useless post.... probably the same people inserting enormous bloated screenshots -_-

LOL, ok we have established that Core Processors with intel chipsets work with 10.5.4 updates.

Btw, I really love some of the prior moronic posts where people don't provide ANY system details other than say "duh, worked for me duh"

Me, back to 10.5.3

leo4all 10.5.2 -> kalyway 10.5.3 comboupdate with vanilla kernel -> 10.5.4 via SU -> reboot with -v -f

works like a charm! :D

however, i hat to recover some kexts as i updated to 10.5.3 like sound,ahci, bluetooth- & usbfamily, blockstorage etc.

but NO problems with graphics considering broken qe/ci

hardware @sig.

Hi all,

I have a problem now!......after update 10.5.4 from kalyway 10.5.3 combo update select 9.3 kernel

my computer it restart restart&restart non stop, i try to type ' -v -f ' on startup after press F8

i don't know why? ........sorry my english not good....

Need for help....How i return my computer to 10.5.3 or how to fix this problem!

................................................................................

Pentium4 531 (3.0GHz prescott ht)

Asus P5KPL-VM

2Gb KINGSTON

Hd 200 Gb Sumsung

GF7300GT 256