10.5.4 is released !

207 posts in this topic

All you folks saying it "just works" are running Core 2 Duo processors and have forgotten to mention (or don't realize) that that CPU can handle the vanilla kernels.

Anyone NOT using a Core 2 Duo care to report back on whether it works?

Anyone NOT using a Core 2 Duo care to report back on whether it works?

Works on Core 2 Quad too :D

Delta Update - Kalyway 5.3 - Vanilla Kernel - Asus P5K Dlx - Yorkfield

Updated to 10.5.4 thru OSX Software Update on my Gateway laptop with Leo4all v2 10.5.2 updated to 10.5.3 with Kalyway updater (vanilla kernel 9.3.0), everything working perfectly. Now have 9.4.0 kernel.

No 10.5.4 kexts needed replacing from my 10.5.3 Time Machine Backup, but always backup your system before you update anything. :D

post-187754-1214870503_thumb.jpg

the 9.4 kernel finally solved the black screen delay @ boot here on my Toshi which has been occurring with the 10.5.3 Vanilla kernel (but not with other kernels) :)

More details—what kernel were u running before. What method of update?

Works on my Intel Pentium Dual Core T2310

Did anyone notice that the booting time is slightly longer after updating? Is it just me?

More details—what kernel were u running before. What method of update?

10.5.2 Kalyway DVD installed - Vanilla kernel.

Updated with 10.5.3 Kalyway Combo Update - Vanilla kernel.

Updated to 10.5.4 via Software Update

Everything works fine and the booting delay is pretty insignificant.

But, I feel like it's adding up after each update.

Updated from 10.5.3 vanilla kernel with no known issues. One interesting observation is that now sys wakes from sleep with keyboard/mouse but with no video signal. Sleep still wakes properly using the power button.

Asus P5W DH Deluxe

BIOS 2704

Core 2 Duo

Video:Saphire X1950XT Radeon, Vendor ID added to ATIRadeonX1000.kext info.plist

Audio:Realtek ALC882

Address: 0

Vendor Id: 0x10ec0882

HDA via HDAEnabler & AppleHDA.kext

Network Realtek

Well, it hosed my Pentium D system.

10.5.2 Kalyway DVD installed

Updated with 10.5.3 Kalyway Combo Update - mod kernel

Endless reboot cycle.

The person who had a Pentium D listed above did something different. All you Pentium Dual core folks are essentially Core 2 Duo computers that can run vanilla.

If you run a Pentium D or any other NON-Core type CPU, don't use the Apple Update. I thought the kernel was not updated , it was! lol, happy day. At least I am wicked fast at reinstalling :)

Can anyone confirm for those who are running the NForce 9.2.0 Kabyl kernel, if this works for them? Seems everyone who this has worked with is running the vanilla kernel. If that's the case, mention it. Don't just say it works because it only works for your near identical iMac clone. So please be specific.

Endless reboot cycle.

The person who had a Pentium D listed above did something different. All you Pentium Dual core folks are essentially Core 2 Duo computers that can run vanilla.

If you run a Pentium D or any other NON-Core type CPU, don't use the Apple Update. I thought the kernel was not updated , it was! lol, happy day. At least I am wicked fast at reinstalling :)

A Pentium D and a Pentium Dual Core are a different kettle of fish. That's why I asked. The Pentium D requires a hacked kernel.

Endless reboot cycle.

I have a Pent. 4 SSE3 system - see sig - and I ran the software update. I always keep a backup copy of the running kernel for cases where the update replaces the kernel. When I did the re-boot I entered mach_kernel_93 to use my backup kernel and then copied mach_kernel_93 over the new 9.4 kernel.

Everything is running correctly as far as I can tell at the moment.