10.5.4 is released !

207 posts in this topic

10.5.4 is out, is it safe?

Can anyone confirm it is ok to download/install?

The 10.5.4 Update is recommended for all users running Mac OS X Leopard and includes general operating system fixes that enhance the stability, compatibility and security of your Mac.

--

Additional Information

What's included?

The 10.5.4 Update is recommended for all users running Mac OS X Leopard and includes general operating system fixes that enhance the stability, compatibility and security of your Mac.

General

* Includes recent Apple security updates.

* Resolves an issue with saving and reopening Adobe Creative Suite 3 files on a remote server.

* Includes additional RAW image support for several cameras.

* Addresses an issue that may result in a partially installed X11 application.

* Improves L2TP VPN client reliability.

AirPort

* Addresses AirPort reliability issues with 5GHz networks.

* Addresses AirPort issues that may result in slower performance in Logic Studio or MainStage.

iCal

* Improves overall iCal reliability for meeting requests, cancellation notices, delegation, and syncing with iPhone.

* Resolves an issue that prevents deleting an iCal event without notifying the creator.

* Addresses an issue in which events in all calendars affect availability. A checkbox now enables information-only calendars to be transparent from free/busy lookups.

* Resolves a UI issue preventing delegated calendars from showing up as a separate window.

* Addresses an issue with copying and pasting attendees from one event to another.

* Resolves an issue in which iCal may not delete events after a specified time interval, even when set to do so in iCal preferences.

* Addresses an issue in which To Dos cannot be marked private.

Safari

* Addresses a potential performance issue when loading secure web pages.

* Resolves issues that may be encountered when accessing secure web pages with client certificates that reside on a smart card.

Spaces and Exposé

* Addresses an issue in which switching from a space with a Finder window keeps the Finder as the active application instead of the application residing in the destination space.

* Fixes an issue in which dragging an application from the list of application assignments in Spaces System Preferences does not assign the application to the desired space.

* Resolves an Exposé issue that may result in only a subset of windows being shown.

Glad they released it before july 11th cuz now I'll be able to use my 3g iphone with my hackintosh on launch day.

as oppose to trying to get 10.5.4 to work on july 11 now i have sometime to let others figure it out.

Hi guys!!!!

Just installed via software update and Voila!!!!!!! All work, CI & QE enabled.

:(:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Cheersss

What, just a straight software update, no tweaking, no nothing and it all works?

On a hackintosh or real Mac?

Hi man

No patch needed in my hackintosh kalyway 10.5.3

Only Software Update.

Seems to be work fine here!!!!!

Regards

I can also confirm this. I knew it was a gamble, but I figured worst case, time machine for the win.

Everything appears to be functioning correctly. CI, QE, sound, network, etc.

I was running a Kalyway 10.5.2 install upgraded using the Kalyway 10.5.3 updater.

Just Backup your extensions folder before doing this update.....

I am doing a time machine backup before installing.

Jiver,

In the event of a Time Machine restore, can you just reinstall from the Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD, then use Migration Assistant to get everything back from the TM volume, including video drivers and audio patch? Or do you need to reapply those after the reinstall? I just don't want to trash my setup if something goes wrong...

Thanks,

CM

I just upated with software update, everything seems fine.

From Kalyway 10.5.3 (ComboUpdate)

uname -v

Darwin Kernel Version 9.4.0: Mon Jun 9 19:30:53 PDT 2008; root:xnu-1228.5.20~1/RELEASE_I386

f103f09b6c4f6ae9701f73901762dbd9.png

Jiver,

In the event of a Time Machine restore, can you just reinstall from the Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD, then use Migration Assistant to get everything back from the TM volume, including video drivers and audio patch? Or do you need to reapply those after the reinstall? I just don't want to trash my setup if something goes wrong...

Thanks,

CM

You can do that but you will need to re-install your video drivers like you thought.

I done it with the delta (59 MB) Softwareupdate.

NO PROBLEM : MSI 965 NEO-F; E2160; ATI 2600 XT

I look everytime in the .pkg with pacifist BEFORE i update - so i can see if some of the critical things (Audio, Video, IDE,SATA ...) are updated. If found, i wouldt installit the "quick way".

In this small 10.5.4 update : no changes for critical things for my system,

except as always new kernel / system.kext

But you need an CD,C2D or E21XX CPU to use the new kernel (vanilla) /.

Or wait for patched AMD/Pentium D Kernel.