• Please log in to reply
1304 replies to this topic

kcrim

kcrim

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
yea this doesn't work when I get to the first prompt I press [enter] then it asks me for a number like "80" or "81" I do that and picked the right partition/hdd and I get a black screen and my monitor turns off displays the "NO SIGNAL" did it again and this time i press [enter] on both prompts. same thing happened. any Ideas?

Musicien de Silence

Musicien de Silence

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,

Thanks for the tutorial.

I tried following the instructions,at first i could get to grey screen and spinning gear with a 'NO' symbol which I resolved by changing the SATA mode to AHCI from IDE.Next time,i went on successfully to the star dust and spinning gear and doesnt move on after even giving 20 mins. Tried searching all the way,even went in verbose mode to see any possible error msgs but it loads in verbose and then comes to star dust screen.

I am using an Acer eMachine e725 with PD 2.1GHZ and 2 GB Ram.The motherboards make is not sure as I couldnt see the same in the system information.

The DVD drive doesnt show light after the beachball which could mean its not reading it. Is it a problem with the bootloader(i used BOOT-KABYL-BUMBY)?Or is ther any way else..even if it is complicated,i still can manage to do it.I have a macbook,so im quite used to the mac environment.

Any help?

boullusgoullus

boullusgoullus

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
I've tested it with a Retail DVD, works fine

Thanks ;)

nokorsoft

nokorsoft

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Good job...cheers.... :blink:

vergeofredemption

vergeofredemption

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Does this work with snow leopard? When I swap the disks and select my NTFS partition I get an error that states "BOOTMGR is missing"

johniiighost

johniiighost

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey guys,

Rook here at this mac thing but i do have a pretty decent understanding of computers

I get this error message after the apple installation screen shows up saying the virtual player needs to shut down.

I am using workstation 7
have leopard 10.5.5 retail disk
Boot-kabyl-bumby burned to dvd

About my PC:
Intel Core Duo 2 2.53
Windows-7 64-bit
4.0 Gb dual channel DDR3 @ 533

I would greatly appreciate any help

Attached Files

waringd

waringd

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Excellent!!

Thank you!

CervantesX

CervantesX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi!
I have a retail OSX disc I'm trying to install on my Asrock 775Dual board (2gb ddrII, 2TB sata drive, sata dvdrw, xfx video card).
I try booting with boot132, it gets as far as reading the dvd for the first time, and kicks out with ebios errors (sector 0 block 64) over and over again.
I try booting with efi and it gets as far as letting me pick the Leo install dvd, and then freezes at a black screen.

I'd greatly appreciate if anyone has any suggestions about what I could do!

armrodnun

armrodnun

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Can someone please help me? I can't get pass step 3 where it says:

3. Remove the BootCD and replace it with the Mac OS X Retail DVD. Wait for the blinking light on your DVD drive to stop and then hit Enter (this will read your DVD drive and not your HD).

MAC OS X wont install? why? can someone please help me?

Eng.Ahmed

Eng.Ahmed

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Hey guys,

Rook here at this mac thing but i do have a pretty decent understanding of computers

I get this error message after the apple installation screen shows up saying the virtual player needs to shut down.

I am using workstation 7
have leopard 10.5.5 retail disk
Boot-kabyl-bumby burned to dvd

About my PC:
Intel Core Duo 2 2.53
Windows-7 64-bit
4.0 Gb dual channel DDR3 @ 533

I would greatly appreciate any help

I've the same thing in your picture

I tried to do it on my laptop HP dv6-1390ev

core2due 2.66GHz, 4GB RAM

kevalmighty

kevalmighty

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey guys, I got a little question about this boot loader w/e it is called , I downloaded the (noob version ) XD , and burned it with active iso burner , I tryed to reboot and the only result is a little
_ flashing in the left top corner for like 6 seconds then windows7 boot, I changed the boot order for the cd rom btw , I'm just wondering if I was doing something wrong . I just bough the 2 real cds ( Leopard + Snow Leopard today I would like to know how to install them on my Laptop ) thank you very much , giving donation through Paypal for help in live! Thanks! Kev.

Kev.simard@gmail.com

kj.sarino

kj.sarino

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I did a google search and I landed on this forum. Tested it out and joined to let you know it was a success :D

Thank you so much.

Jeezoflip

Jeezoflip

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • Interests:Computers of course!
snow leopard yet?

s2pidtaz

s2pidtaz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I just have a Toshiba Satelite Pro L510 with ATI Radeon 4500 series.

I tried to install it but get error and would not get in the main gui of the installation process.

Please help me..

Thanks

mcgyvernewt

mcgyvernewt

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
That's awesome, i'm going to try it right now! ;) :P

kengie

kengie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Seeing that some ppl have successfully installed your Mac OS, I was wondering if someone can you assist me?

I have a LG S1 Pro Express with the following configuration
C2D 2.00GHz
ATI X1600M
P 945 Chipset
Intel 3945ABG Wireless

The problem I am having is that I have tried many many instruction to get the Boot 132 and use vanilla SL retail to install but all failed.

The error i am getting is the ATI1600Controller KP. So that is why I am trying to create my own Boot132.

Using the RETAIL.ISO from http://teknojunkie.c...ard-disk-on-pc/ can boot up the SL DVD but i get KP. I have already download the kext for my ATI from http://www.insanelym...howtopic=163190 but I have never been successfully in creating the boot 132.

I have using many programs to add the kext to the initrd.img, TranMac, MacImage, PowerISO, MagicISO, UltraISO. By the way, I am only Win only and dont' have access to a Mac.

Can you please give me simple steps as how to create the boot 132 for my computer? Thanks. Many Many Many thanks.

kizwan

kizwan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,422 posts

Seeing that some ppl have successfully installed your Mac OS, I was wondering if someone can you assist me?

I have a LG S1 Pro Express with the following configuration
C2D 2.00GHz
ATI X1600M
P 945 Chipset
Intel 3945ABG Wireless

The problem I am having is that I have tried many many instruction to get the Boot 132 and use vanilla SL retail to install but all failed.

The error i am getting is the ATI1600Controller KP. So that is why I am trying to create my own Boot132.

Using the RETAIL.ISO from http://teknojunkie.c...ard-disk-on-pc/ can boot up the SL DVD but i get KP. I have already download the kext for my ATI from http://www.insanelym...howtopic=163190 but I have never been successfully in creating the boot 132.

I have using many programs to add the kext to the initrd.img, TranMac, MacImage, PowerISO, MagicISO, UltraISO. By the way, I am only Win only and dont' have access to a Mac.

Can you please give me simple steps as how to create the boot 132 for my computer? Thanks. Many Many Many thanks.

1) You can try boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes flag to avoid KP.

2) You can use linux live CD to edit initrd.img.

kengie

kengie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

1) You can try boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes flag to avoid KP.

2) You can use linux live CD to edit initrd.img.

Thanks kizwan. Which boot 132 iso I should use? If not how can I make my own. Boot 132 cd to look
My own kext for my system?

Many many thanks.

kizwan

kizwan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,422 posts

Thanks kizwan. Which boot 132 iso I should use? If not how can I make my own. Boot 132 cd to look
My own kext for my system?

Many many thanks.

You can use Empire EFI (R2) boot CD. You can install & boot OS X with it. If you got KP, try boot with these flags (try one by one):-
1) PciRoot=1 -v
2) GraphicsEnabler=Yes -v
3) PciRoot=1 GraphicsEnables=Yes -v
4) -x -v
(-v just for verbose mode. So that you can see what is going on.)
Once Mac OS X installed successfully, you can setup EFI boot partition. For this you may require these kexts in Extra folder:-
- AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext, VoodooPS2Controller.kext or ApplePS2Controller.kext
- NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
- OpenHaltRestart.kext (if you have restart/shutdown problem)
- fakesmc.kext
- VoodooBattery.kext (for battery support)

Your wireless wouldn't works. So I suggest you to buy Dell wireless card (e.g DW 1395) or any other card which use broadcom chipset. Check their compatibility with Mac OS X before buying it (search in the forum). Good news is, you maybe able to get your GPU working.

kengie

kengie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

You can use Empire EFI (R2) boot CD. You can install & boot OS X with it. If you got KP, try boot with these flags (try one by one):-
1) PciRoot=1 -v
2) GraphicsEnabler=Yes -v
3) PciRoot=1 GraphicsEnables=Yes -v
4) -x -v
(-v just for verbose mode. So that you can see what is going on.)
Once Mac OS X installed successfully, you can setup EFI boot partition. For this you may require these kexts in Extra folder:-
- AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext, VoodooPS2Controller.kext or ApplePS2Controller.kext
- NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
- OpenHaltRestart.kext (if you have restart/shutdown problem)
- fakesmc.kext
- VoodooBattery.kext (for battery support)

Your wireless wouldn't works. So I suggest you to buy Dell wireless card (e.g DW 1395) or any other card which use broadcom chipset. Check their compatibility with Mac OS X before buying it (search in the forum). Good news is, you maybe able to get your GPU working.

Thanks. Finally got to try it today. But I get a black screen when using PciRoot=0 GraphicsEnables=Y or PCiRoot=1 GraphicsEnables=Y. I am sure that the installer is running under that black screen cox when i press the keyboard, the hard drive and the CD is spinning. Or there any way or options to fix this black screen? Or is there a way to create my own Boot 132 with my own kexts on the CD too boot up the installer?

By the way, many many thanks for your reply.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy