New modified BOOT-132 allows you to boot retail DVDs

f41qu3

1,286 posts in this topic

Seeing that some ppl have successfully installed your Mac OS, I was wondering if someone can you assist me?

I have a LG S1 Pro Express with the following configuration

C2D 2.00GHz

ATI X1600M

P 945 Chipset

Intel 3945ABG Wireless

The problem I am having is that I have tried many many instruction to get the Boot 132 and use vanilla SL retail to install but all failed.

The error i am getting is the ATI1600Controller KP. So that is why I am trying to create my own Boot132.

Using the RETAIL.ISO from http://teknojunkie.com/2009/09/boot-retail...ard-disk-on-pc/ can boot up the SL DVD but i get KP. I have already download the kext for my ATI from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=163190 but I have never been successfully in creating the boot 132.

I have using many programs to add the kext to the initrd.img, TranMac, MacImage, PowerISO, MagicISO, UltraISO. By the way, I am only Win only and dont' have access to a Mac.

Can you please give me simple steps as how to create the boot 132 for my computer? Thanks. Many Many Many thanks.

Seeing that some ppl have successfully installed your Mac OS, I was wondering if someone can you assist me?

I have a LG S1 Pro Express with the following configuration

C2D 2.00GHz

ATI X1600M

P 945 Chipset

Intel 3945ABG Wireless

The problem I am having is that I have tried many many instruction to get the Boot 132 and use vanilla SL retail to install but all failed.

The error i am getting is the ATI1600Controller KP. So that is why I am trying to create my own Boot132.

Using the RETAIL.ISO from http://teknojunkie.com/2009/09/boot-retail...ard-disk-on-pc/ can boot up the SL DVD but i get KP. I have already download the kext for my ATI from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=163190 but I have never been successfully in creating the boot 132.

I have using many programs to add the kext to the initrd.img, TranMac, MacImage, PowerISO, MagicISO, UltraISO. By the way, I am only Win only and dont' have access to a Mac.

Can you please give me simple steps as how to create the boot 132 for my computer? Thanks. Many Many Many thanks.

1) You can try boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes flag to avoid KP.

2) You can use linux live CD to edit initrd.img.

1) You can try boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes flag to avoid KP.

2) You can use linux live CD to edit initrd.img.

Thanks kizwan. Which boot 132 iso I should use? If not how can I make my own. Boot 132 cd to look

My own kext for my system?

Many many thanks.

Thanks kizwan. Which boot 132 iso I should use? If not how can I make my own. Boot 132 cd to look

My own kext for my system?

Many many thanks.

You can use Empire EFI (R2) boot CD. You can install & boot OS X with it. If you got KP, try boot with these flags (try one by one):-

1) PciRoot=1 -v

2) GraphicsEnabler=Yes -v

3) PciRoot=1 GraphicsEnables=Yes -v

4) -x -v

(-v just for verbose mode. So that you can see what is going on.)

Once Mac OS X installed successfully, you can setup EFI boot partition. For this you may require these kexts in Extra folder:-

- AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext, VoodooPS2Controller.kext or ApplePS2Controller.kext

- NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

- OpenHaltRestart.kext (if you have restart/shutdown problem)

- fakesmc.kext

- VoodooBattery.kext (for battery support)

Your wireless wouldn't works. So I suggest you to buy Dell wireless card (e.g DW 1395) or any other card which use broadcom chipset. Check their compatibility with Mac OS X before buying it (search in the forum). Good news is, you maybe able to get your GPU working.

You can use Empire EFI (R2) boot CD. You can install & boot OS X with it. If you got KP, try boot with these flags (try one by one):-

1) PciRoot=1 -v

2) GraphicsEnabler=Yes -v

3) PciRoot=1 GraphicsEnables=Yes -v

4) -x -v

(-v just for verbose mode. So that you can see what is going on.)

Once Mac OS X installed successfully, you can setup EFI boot partition. For this you may require these kexts in Extra folder:-

- AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext, VoodooPS2Controller.kext or ApplePS2Controller.kext

- NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

- OpenHaltRestart.kext (if you have restart/shutdown problem)

- fakesmc.kext

- VoodooBattery.kext (for battery support)

Your wireless wouldn't works. So I suggest you to buy Dell wireless card (e.g DW 1395) or any other card which use broadcom chipset. Check their compatibility with Mac OS X before buying it (search in the forum). Good news is, you maybe able to get your GPU working.

Thanks. Finally got to try it today. But I get a black screen when using PciRoot=0 GraphicsEnables=Y or PCiRoot=1 GraphicsEnables=Y. I am sure that the installer is running under that black screen cox when i press the keyboard, the hard drive and the CD is spinning. Or there any way or options to fix this black screen? Or is there a way to create my own Boot 132 with my own kexts on the CD too boot up the installer?

By the way, many many thanks for your reply.

• 3 months later...

Hey there guys - i am having no luck trying to install leopoard on my pc

tried iatkos, the vanilla install, nothing works. it could probably be my pc

these are my specs

intel i7 860

p55 gd65 (Asus) board

nvidia graphics card

i guess those 2 are the vital factors to run leopard.

when i tried the vanilla install using the generic boot 132 cd, i get no where - it hangs with the message 422f700 right at the beginning of the install.

i have tried iatkos v7 and the s3, but i cant get to install it, it halts at mounting the root device(i have tried all combinations of rd=disk[n]s[n]

any suggestions? is there a different generic boot 132 cd for my mother board?

Thanks

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 years later...