• Please log in to reply
1304 replies to this topic

Chrysaor

Chrysaor

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

I use here without problem (and enabled on BIOS too).

How?
You need to use IntelCPUPMDisabler, how can you use vanilla speedstep?

f41qu3

f41qu3

Insanely Retired Guru

• Retired
  • 458 posts

How?
You need to use IntelCPUPMDisabler, how can you use vanilla speedstep?

With CPUDisabler.kext no prolem to use AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement. :( Works great!

Chrysaor

Chrysaor

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

With CPUDisabler.kext no prolem to use AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement. :pirate2: Works great!

Yea, but as the name suggests it disables it, AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement doesn't actually work.
I don't think vanilla Speedstep works for any hackintosh, you can have it enabled on your BIOS but it doesn't function. Look at your sysctl output, the cpu min and max frequency will be same.

f41qu3

f41qu3

Insanely Retired Guru

• Retired
  • 458 posts
Ok, I'll check when comming home.

f41qu3

f41qu3

Insanely Retired Guru

• Retired
  • 458 posts
Check video of script .img editor: http://br.youtube.co...h?v=5UxA7obrymE

This is beta, but i think in some hours we can share it.

Fully .img customizable with .kexts needed.

:pirate2:

Credits: ToH/HMBT, f41qu3, Superhai, Saraiva, gu3d3s.

SticMAC™

SticMAC™

"Nobody likes a SmartASS"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,590 posts
80 or 81 will be your HDs check to see which number is on the prompt line in the square brackets(mine is 84) then type that in after you have swopped the DVD and enter. On some occasions I had to type it in more than once to get to work, but it is usually the one in the brackets

I have:
c-drive 80
d-drive 81
Data drive 82
1st USB 83
1st Optical 84
2nd Optical 85

Once you have done all your installation you THEN pick whatever drive you have installed to!

SticMAN

strange, I can boot from this iso disc but when I exchange it with the retail leopard dvd, nothing happens and it just returns back to the main darwin screen. On pressing enter, I get choose 80 or 81, but nothing about the dvd. any help.

stickpin

stickpin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
How to create bootable USB with BOOT-132 loader from Windows.

Its useful only for already installed Leo.

Detailed guide: HERE.

PhantOS

PhantOS

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
@dev team: could this solution be used to inject a better formed DSDT table to OSX too? I'm thinking of a web interface widget (think of something like the web apps that create .vmx files for vmware player) that could create a personalized profile config file based on your hardware.

f41qu3

f41qu3

Insanely Retired Guru

• Retired
  • 458 posts
I've added a script to customize .img file.

Explanation:

BOOT-DFE-146-BUMBY.ISO need to be on HDD root

Create a Kext folder on HDD root and put there all kext if you needed

Credits to ToH/HMBT, gu3d3s

Improvments by Saraiva

Original idea by f41qu3 Pringles and Superhai The Super Hero

ADVICE: In this .IMG file has dsmos.kext, SMBIOSENabler.kext and CPUDisabler.kext no need put it again on script

Download on #1st post ... but I put link here too: http://homepage.mac....c/CDBoot_RC2.sh

Please, send me impressions about script. Need more debug on it.

Cheeerz, :rolleyes:

f41qu3

f41qu3

Insanely Retired Guru

• Retired
  • 458 posts

this is interesting. but wont there be a problem when you update your system from 10.5.0 to 10.5.4? for example the ps/2 kext where the version number has to be changed in order for the ps/2 keypoard/mouse to work? or this is only a tool to boot the original dvd.

This is only a tool to make it possible install Original DVD on PC. It can be use too to make System Updates.If had problems on PS2, put on /System/Library/Extensions a ApplePS2Controller.kext and ACPIPS2Nub.kext and repair permissions for this kexts:).This is not a new Chameleon os something like.If you don't have this image file, rename your ISO file to this name. Results are same, because it copied needed kexts to inside initrd.img.If you don't need total space (~55mb) edit script. The original file has ~10mb. I need impressions and segestions to try make better this script.

macita

macita

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

this is interesting. but wont there be a problem when you update your system from 10.5.0 to 10.5.4? for example the ps/2 kext where the version number has to be changed in order for the ps/2 keypoard/mouse to work? or this is only a tool to boot the original dvd.

USE THIS DEF's KEXT wich allow to use both ps2 and usb mouse and keyboards, WILL BACK THE ONBOARD KEYBOARD FOR LAPTOPS that cant be used in some laptops after the 10.5.4 update combo ....

Attached Files

SticMAC™

SticMAC™

"Nobody likes a SmartASS"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,590 posts
I don't know, maybe its just me...

5) Run syslinux.exe <drive letter>: (Ex: syslinux.exe f:) should be

5) Run syslinux.exe -ma <drive letter>: (Ex: syslinux.exe -ma f:) the -ma was left out?!

SticMAN

How to create bootable USB with BOOT-132 loader from Windows.

Its useful only for already installed Leo.

1) Download syslinux from here. (Must be version 3.63)
2) Unpack zip somewhere. (Ex: c:\temp)
3) Connect you USB Drive.
4) Open cmd and go to the unpacked folder\win32 directory. (Ex: c:\temp\win32)
5) Run syslinux.exe <drive letter>: (Ex: syslinux.exe f:)
6) Copy all files from CD to your USB Drive (mboot.c32, boot, initrd.img, isolinux.bin)
7) From folder isolinux copy isolinux.cfg to USB Drive root f:\.
8) Rename isolinux.bin to syslinux.sys and isolinux.cfg to syslinux.cfg.
9) Enjoy you bootable USB Bootloader... :)

The idea after this, is to leave Leo installation untoucheble.
To apply all the patches at USB Drive... :D

paulicat

paulicat

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
Sticman, as I was saying earlier, here's the gmax3100 and gma950 gfx string.

ae00000001000000020000003f0000000100000002010c00d041030a0000000001010600001e0
01060000017fff0400160000006200750069006c0074002d0069006e000000050000000163000000
200000002010c00d041030a000000000101060000027fff0400100000006d006f00640065006c000
000d000000474d41205833313030200000004100410050004c002c00480061007300500061006e00
5006c0000000800000001000000

If you use this, you don't need gmanatit

stickpin

stickpin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
SticMAN,
Yes sorry my typo... -ma writing master boot record and making partition active...

f41qu3

f41qu3

Insanely Retired Guru

• Retired
  • 458 posts
Nice trick from STiCKpIN :unsure:

smorf

smorf

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
one stupid question: does everyone have to build their own patched usb-devices using scripts and stuff? i mean, a usb-stick is a drive, you also can make images of an us-stick. could anyone with a working bootable usb-stick please be so kind and make an image file...?

maybe its a good idea to work on the "perfect bootable usb-image", that also contains a bootloader to boot other OSs like windoze or linux. this would make commercial projects like efi-x obsolete.

or am i wrong and there are reasons for us that will make us patching all that for ourselves?

thanks a lot,
smorf

f41qu3

f41qu3

Insanely Retired Guru

• Retired
  • 458 posts

^^ Where did you find "isolinux.cfg" ??

File is inside: .iso file/isolinux/isolinux.cfg

:)

@ smorf:

All process here are newer and we going tests too to try make better way for it.

We need opinions and ideas from users too to finish this. :)

stickpin

stickpin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
kaplenk type hard disk id: 81 (Secondary Drive) not 80 or enter...
because you Primary Drive (80) is your usb stick now... :)

smorf, its hard to do such thing, because everyone got a different hardware, so you needs another kexts for your sound/video/network/etc cards.

keplenk

keplenk

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

kaplenk type hard disk id: 81 (Secondary Drive) not 80 or enter...
because you Primary Drive (80) is your usb stick now... :)

smorf, its hard to do such thing, because everyone got a different hardware, so you needs another kexts for your sound/video/network/etc cards.

@Stickpin,

Thanks for your reply. But in my case, I can't even type anything anywhere. If I boot from the CD, it can see where I can type 80 and it successfully boots. For some reason (probably my error), when I try to boot from the USB, the first thing is see is boot from foreign OS. No where to type, just enter to continue. Then I see the calling chainbooter

Thanks

smorf

smorf

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
@ STiCKpIN

i know that, but installation media like iAtkos or Kalyways DVDs also contain kexts for different kinds of hardware, so it would be at least possible to add common kexts without conflicts.

the next idea is to make a ready bootable image without the kexts for non-vanilla-compatible hardware, and keep this modular.
just as an old linuxusers thought: users could clone the ready image onto a usb-device. the stick could then be mounted and people could add their needed kext files to the directory on the stick, where they are needed. isnt that possible?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy