What do you burn CD/DVDs with?

roybotnik

22 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I'm running OS X on an intel and I'm trying to figure out what I could use to burn(aside from finder). I need to burn an audio CD for a friend, and when I tried using iTunes it locked up. If I drag and drop using finder will it burn data or audio? Also, I can't use Toast 6 or 7, they just completely freeze right after launching them, so is there any other piece of software you guys would recommend? Thanks

Thanks guys,

I'll try some of the other pieces of software listed in that link. I'll also give Toast a try again, but it seemed like it just completely froze and did nothing with both 6 and 7 when I tried before. I'm running 10.4.5 if that makes any difference. =D

DiskBlaze 6.1.4

get cracked one at demonoid

note: don't install the demo version or you will need to delete preferences files to reset the burning count (demo thing) and can't register with the key provided.

if someone already use diskblaze demo and have success to install the cracked version ones and register it, pls tell me how!

i will get this liquidcd too, looks great :)

edit your post to remove the warez reference, or it'll be deleted. tsk tsk tsk :guitar:

i really like liquidcd, yeah. it's just slick.

yuburner also comes with an imageburning component for easy... ummm, imageburning. :)

• 8 months later...
Toast 7 since it's universal. Works great.

Same here, have it ready for my MBP when it comes, i can finally burn .toast files correctly :(.

Ok forget free for a moment.

What are the best burning programs on PPC and Intel macs?

Toast 7, ones that quixos suggested or something else?

Note: This isn't about it looking cool. More to do with speed and ability and any problems you've encounted with some burning programs.

• 3 months later...

Don't want to start another thread, hope somebody can help me.

I want to burn mixed audio cds from .cue and mp3 files, but can't find an application that handles them right, I did find one (forgot the name) but didn't work well because it left some glitches when changing from one track to the next. They were continued but it was like a second was skipped, completely annoying in this kind of cd.

All the others I found ask for a .bin file instead the .mp3, so I tried changing the name both in the mp3 file, and in the reference inside the .cue file, but didn't fool the programs.

Really appreciate any help.

Thanks

Thx for your response, gonna give it a try to both programs.

hdiutil has me curious, found this page, ( h**p://www.hmug.org/man/1/hdiutil.php ) hope it helps me, all this sudo chown -R, mount, etc, is a whole new world to me... :(