QE problem on some Radeons investigations

Slice

31 posts in this topic

I probably found an error in ATIRadeon8500GA.plugin.

His pixelformats are written for BigEndianess, i.e. for PowerPC, even though it compiled for Intel.

"BGRA" instead of "ARGB" and so on.

So why I always have crash at ChoosePixelFormat.

As well as Krazubu. While we have different configurations we have the same GA.plugin.

I can correct this issue and it needs me very few days.

• 2 weeks later...

Now I add Ati.kext v1.0.3 to my driver set and check again with new ATIRadeon8500.kext patch.

Strange, I can't enter GUI with AGPGart 271.

Without AGPGart interface works fast and SCROLL NO MORE CRASH THE SYSTEM. Why? I think it is because of new framebuffer Ati.kext.

I see classes

| |   |	 | +-o ATIR2002DContext  <class ATIR2002DContext, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain count 5>
| |   |	 | |   {
| |   |	 | |   }
| |   |	 | |   
| |   |	 | +-o ATIR200Surface  <class ATIR200Surface, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain count 5>
| |   |	 |	 {
| |   |	 |	   "IOUserClientCrossEndianCompatible" = Yes
| |   |	 |	 }

but I have no (as MacMINI)

| |	 | +-o ATIR200GLContext  <class ATIR200GLContext, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain count 5>
| |	 | |   {
| |	 | |   }

Why?

OpenGL Driver Monitor inform me that I have hardware acceleration but any OpenGL application crashes with the same log as usual.

Still enter GUI only if F8=0x00300000. I think the value is initialized in BIOS. All my attempts to correct are too late. I was most successful in second restart when BIOS is not initialize Radeon but my drivers did it. When system started with such initial values I even have hardware OpenGL with total memory 64Mb.

How to do that at cold start? Reprogram laptop BIOS or Radeon ROM?

Some thought about PixelFormat

In the picture I see it must be ARGB8888 to work. Where A=31:24, but in GA.bundle I saw A=7:0. Yes?

One more observation:

MacMini has additional driver for Accelerator

| |	 | 
| |	 +-o name_perrier_thomas_ATIcceleratorDriver  <class name_perrier_thomas_ATIcceleratorDriver, registered, matched, active, busy 0, retain count 4>
| |	 |   {
| |	 |	 "IOMatchCategory" = "IODefaultMatchCategory"
| |	 |	 "IOClass" = "name_perrier_thomas_ATIcceleratorDriver"
| |	 |	 "IOPCIMatch" = "0x00001002&0x0000FFFF"
| |	 |	 "RegValue" = <007a6f0c>
| |	 |	 "IOProviderClass" = "IOPCIDevice"
| |	 |	 "CFBundleIdentifier" = "name.perrier.thomas.ATIcceleratorDriver"
| |	 |	 "IOProbeScore" = 0
| |	 |   }
| |	 |   
| |	 +-o ATIRadeon8500  <class ATIRadeon8500, registered, matched, active, busy 0, retain

What do it?

Picture_1.png

Picture_2.png

• 4 weeks later...
I have partial success:

I replace 8500 drives by 9700 with renaming.

More investigations needed.

The main news and files in topic.

That was my idea long time ago.

But I never had any success. Any my maximum "programming" skills are plist editing.

Also, during one test, my motherboard died, and it was really hard (and not cheap) to find and buy the same mobo. Probably it didn't die because of that test, but I'm scarred from that point anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
I have partial success:

I replace 8500 drives by 9700 with renaming.

More investigations needed.

The main news and files in topic.

Hi Slice,

Thanks for you work so far, I have an ATI x200m chipset (5a62) and tried the files provided. Hard reboot needed 6 times before I could get into OSX, and then worked as before.

No QE, but that's just from the system preferences, and I don't know how to test anything else. Will glady test any further files for you and report back. Asus F5 laptop btw.

I have the Kalyway 10.5.2 installed, and using Callisto 003.

Thanks