[HowTo] From VMWare To Native!

616 posts in this topic

with kalyway i get the still waiting for boot device error

failis0.th.jpg

Someone please help.. i've been trying to install mac os x for days now. the community here is unfortunately nothing like the linux community where lots of people want to give help to noobs :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all if it wouldnt be too hard, id like some assistance.

I've spent a good couple weeks trying to install uphuck's 10.4.9 v 1.3 dvd on to my Acer (OEM), and i get issue after issue. wont go into it (here) though.

now ive tried to install tiger on a separate partition through vmware. as far as i know [ill check tonite] iv enabled the persistant changes, but it ain't right

see, im trying to install it to a primary partition sized around 63 Gigs, but in the disk utility, it says the disk is 128 gigs, and partitioned as such:

first- around 9.8 gigs

second- around 118 gigs

i cant install tiger, cause i cant format either partition or drive

how can i get vmware to properly use that partition?

im using vmware ace workstation version 6.0.2

any input?

and if its any help, heres how my drive is partitioned:

1. 10 gig Acer OEM recovery partition
  2. 185 gig Primary Vista partition (ntfs)
  3. 39 gig Logical partition for Ubuntu (36 ext[2 or 3]), (3 for swap)
  4. 63 gig empty Primary partition. (current format fat32, able to format differently using GParted)

if I missed anything please point it out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Got stuck in dmos: starting... line. Any idea?

I tried installing natively at first, but it gave me the /com.apple.boot.plist not found error. I thought using VMware could be the solution. But no. Somebody please help :) Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Well I finally got uphucks version working 100% natively. Toshiba satellite p205. What I did was make the partition in windows, burn the DVD, boot off of it, format the partition using macs disk utility, and Install!!!! MAKE SURE YOU GET THE RIGHT PATCHES!!!!!!!! Went very easy after getting rid of vmware. Just install it native without using vmware. Makes life a lot easier. Using Uphuck 10.4.9 v1.4i R2. Worked exellent! Just make sure your system is 100% compatible

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When ever I try to install, I gets past the black sreen where I used to get the "still waiting for root device" error, then it goes to a blank grey screen with a black cursor and just hangs there forever. What should I do?

HP dv5000

AMD 64 Turion

ATI xPress 200

IDE HD + DVD drive

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
When ever I try to install, I gets past the black sreen where I used to get the "still waiting for root device" error, then it goes to a blank grey screen with a black cursor and just hangs there forever. What should I do?

HP dv5000

AMD 64 Turion

ATI xPress 200

IDE HD + DVD drive

bump . need fix for this. can you make this guide for leopard?

Hi,

I am using VMWare and trying to install Jas Leopard.v10.5.4.

Edit: I think I had a problem with the hard disk.When I set up the hard disk I can choose between PhysicalDrive0 and PhysicalDrive1. What is the right one to choose?

I connected the external harddrive over usb

I don't want to crash my computer :)

Thanks man, this guide may really help me out, cuz i've encountering so many problems, my computer has been recovered for several times due to the failed boot and blue screen. And i'm so bothered, i gon try your clean install way to install leopard, hope it could really work. Thank you!

I don't know why when i was trying to erase the harddrive into the MacOSX extended(Journared) format, a msg pop up said PhysicalDrive Fail and only thing i could do is to abort. Any solution? I can't format the HD...

• 2 weeks later...
Hi I'm trying to install Kalyway's OSX 10.4.10 throught VMware. I can boot to installer, but when I go to Disk Utility and try to format/partition my hard drive I get a VMware error.Untitled-1.jpg What am I doing wrong?

I am getting the same problem!! Help please.

• 1 year later...

Hey guys I have Vmware v 7.1 and im tring to install Snow leopard iPC 10.5.6 I keep getting the same error message here is the image of the error. Please any help would be great

I am running

Mother Board

A8N-SLI DELUXE

Proccessor

AMD Athlon 64 FX-55

MMX (+), 3DNow! (+), SSE, SSE2, SSE3, x86-64

chipset

Northbridge NVIDIA nForce4 rev. A4 Southbridge NVIDIA nForce4 MCP rev. A4

3GB Of DDR Ram

Video Card

Nvidia Gforce 7800 GT Pci Express

macerror.jpg

Hi I'm trying to install Kalyway's OSX 10.4.10 throught VMware. I can boot to installer, but when I go to Disk Utility and try to format/partition my hard drive I get a VMware error.Untitled-1.jpg What am I doing wrong?

I am getting the same problem!! Help please.

I had this problem with MacDrive installed. I had to disable MacDrive to mount the OSX HDD/Partitions within VM. I have just instsalled my native X58 10.6.4 all from VM, direct to the HDD.