PCI Firewire card, half working?

voggorb

44 posts in this topic

Mentorek,

Here is the focusrite page with the link to the 2.1.0 installer

http://www.focusrite.com/answerbase/en/article.php?id=237

My saffire was fixed by first running the 2.1.0 installer then replacing AppleFWAudio.kext with the 1.2.2 version from above. Thanks to °Ast for the version # correction. Hope this works for you, my saffire is still working flawlessly.

Thanks for the link. It wasn't working for me yesterday...

I've used 1.2.2 and my saffire was working but I don't know if it was really ok because I couldn't test it that much. I'll try it today and maybe I'll do the trick with the installer.

Cheers,

mentorek

I've used 1.2.2 and my saffire was working but I don't know if it was really ok because I couldn't test it that much

Mine was working too with 1.2.2, but the saffire control software would say the saffire was unplugged. After doing the trick above, it corrected the problem. If your not having the same problem I would just leave it alone. :unsure:

Mine was working too with 1.2.2, but the saffire control software would say the saffire was unplugged. After doing the trick above, it corrected the problem. If your not having the same problem I would just leave it alone. ;)

Haa... This is the same problem I've been experiencing. So fingers crossed :D

• 2 months later...

I have a Presonus Firebox. I installed the AppleFWAudio.kext 1.2.2. I was having the same problems, not it seems to work ok. Playback is fine, I connected my bass to my Firebox and I can hear myself playing loud and clear, also audio and video work perfectly. There was no need to get another PCI card, I used my old one (paid around 10$ for it, but I think you can get it even cheaper than that, so that was not the problem). I spent 20+ hours trying to fix this and Im very happy and thankful to all the people who have posted here. Im new to hackintosh and I found this forum very handy. Anyways, if I made it work, so can you... Btw my board is Asus P5K, if that is useful information to anyone.

• 1 month later...

Thanks kuru, Ast for helping me firewire audio setting.

I have been using Onboard firewire and Echo AudioFire4, but half-working with digital noises, unstable.

Simply replacing old(but the newest) one to AppleFWAudio.kext 1.2.2,

it completely works with clear sounds

I really appreciate all the guys here.

M/B : Asus P5K

Hi, there is a problem for me. I have P5QL Pro M/B, there are no biult-in FW. I brought PCI card on NEC chipset, that's OOB for external HDD, but i need it work with my soundcard Audiofire 2... please help. Thank you!

• 7 months later...

In the same boat as the people needing to get a Focusrite Saffire to work!

Specs are in the sig, except I can't get this firewire device working on ANY OS, not just Leopard or Snow Leopard :/

Went to Maplin today, and all their cards are VIA chipset, and was aiming (ideally) for a TI chipsetted card.

If anyone here has fixed the issues with their Saffire, which OS are you running? 10.5.x or 10.6 ?

Thanks =]

I am using Echo AudioFire4 in Snow Leopard but I can't get this to work without any issues.

I always have some glitches and it is very unstable.

I have a EX58-UD5 with a Core I7 920 Prozessor with 6gig of RAM.

I already tried a PCI-Express firewire card without any changes.

The new firewire PCI-Express card is not showing in System Profiler under PCI Cards.

And I get this error while booting: "FireWire runtime power conservation disabled. (2)"

Is there any fix for this?

I payed 50 EUR for the firewire Express Card but the issue is the same like the onboard firewire device!

Please help!

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all.

Now I have Intel Core 2 Duo 2,4 Ghz, Asus p5b deluxe (TI 1394) and Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS 640 Mb, Focusrite Saffire.

Everything works fine with Logic and etc.

This month I am going to buy Intel i7, but... I want my Focusrite Saffire will work good with new porcessor and mother board, I chacked Asus and haven't found TI on new motherboards, only VIA, so as I noticed only Gigabyte has TI 1394.

Would you advice me optimal configuration for working in Logic Pro and Snow Leopard and in the same time powerful video card nVidia (me and my wife work in 3D max and Maya on Windows)?

So I need the same stability, but with Intel I7.

Thank you.

Hi all.

Now I have Intel Core 2 Duo 2,4 Ghz, Asus p5b deluxe (TI 1394) and Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS 640 Mb, Focusrite Saffire.

Everything works fine with Logic and etc.

This month I am going to buy Intel i7, but... I want my Focusrite Saffire will work good with new porcessor and mother board, I chacked Asus and haven't found TI on new motherboards, only VIA, so as I noticed only Gigabyte has TI 1394.

Would you advice me optimal configuration for working in Logic Pro and Snow Leopard and in the same time powerful video card nVidia (me and my wife work in 3D max and Maya on Windows)?

So I need the same stability, but with Intel I7.

Thank you.

See 3 posts above.

I am searching for month for the firewire fix without any success!

kludgedean, are you saying you can't get the saffire to work in Windows as well, or have you tried that?

Tried Windows XP32, as well as Vista32 & 64, and also Win7 x64 OEM, It's just not picked up at all, although power is being sent through the port as the Saffire itself does power up, with 3 LEDs, You just cannot manually change anything as the `drivers` won't install.

I have no other firewire devices, and tried both (2) on the back of the saffire, as well as the front-panel on my Antec P182 case, and rear 2 motherboard (GA-EP35-DS4) sockets, all power the device, but none at all have picked up the existance of the device!.

Since the 24th of September when I initially had issues, I've managed to acquire a T.I. chipsetted (Belkin) Firewire card from eBay ( http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...e=STRK:MEWNX:IT ) and it should (at last!) get here tomorrow or Friday!.

I've contacted DV247 by phone when diagnosing the issues, and they said to call Focusrite... So I called them, and they recommended that I got a firewire card to test the Focusrite with (Note: They didn't specify a T.I. chipset card, but i know they're the highest compatibility, so I opted for one of those anyhow!).

I emailed Focusrite a few days ago describing the issue to them, and said I have a firewire card arriving within a few days, and if the unit was indeed defective what's the procedure, and they said I'd have to go through DV247 ;/ So, hopefully, everything is actually OK with a PCI firewire card otherwise i've blown almost £200 on an audio interface that refuses to work, AND another £12.50 on a firewire card i don't need.

<offtopic> Worst part?. I actually emailed the writer of the Envy24HT chipsetted card that wrote drivers for Leopard, and enquired if he was going to write Snow Leopard drivers, He said he wouldn't be, BUT has now decided he is =/ - FML </offtopic>

• 3 months later...

Hi, I'm using IPC x86 10.5.6 and have big problem. My Apogee Duet losing connection with Hack so I use Kexthelper to change Applefwaudio 2.4.2 to 1.2.0 and now my hack don't see Duet. Does anybody can send me a pm with AppleFWaudio.kext 2.4.2 and 2.4.4 because I'm a knob and forget to backup?

Sorry for my English

• 1 month later...