OS X on the MSI Wind, Before it's Released

687 posts in this topic

See here for GMA950 fixed DSDT for retail install no added kexts or kext hacking needed.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...0&start=232

Hy,

I'll really like to know how you can have Qe and Ci enabled without any patched kext !

It's seems like you are the only person pretending to have it.

Correct me if i'm wrong : but since dev id 27ae is not present in vanilla KEXTs it is impossible to have those drivers loading fully without any patch ?

Also you tell us your are using an EFI string in addition to the DSDT mod, to me there are doing exactly the same job. Am I wrong again ?

Bye.

@Trauma!

I'll really like to know how you can have Qe and Ci enabled without any patched kext !

It's seems like you are the only person pretending to have it.

Apologies if I have mislead (I was not pretending to have it - I thought I had!) - I just realized since reading your post and then checking my install the backed up "clean" GMA950 & Framebuffer kexts I had were actually hacked with device id therefore I thought fixed.

Correct me if i'm wrong : but since dev id 27ae is not present in vanilla KEXTs it is impossible to have those drivers loading fully without any patch ?

Correct

Solution: Have today added two kexts: 27aeAppleIntelIntegratedFrambuffer & 27aeAppleIntelGMA950 (attached) to SLE & replaced the hacked ones with originals (from my mac mini). And it works QE/CI with the dsdt no artifacts (attached). This means updates should not effect graphics.

Also you tell us your are using an EFI string in addition to the DSDT mod, to me there are doing exactly the same job. Am I wrong again ?

Correct, dsdt should be configurable to negate the need for efi sting - as yet I have not worked out how to do so completely in dsdt. So the addition in dsdt is only part functional. Incidentally I took out the string to prove if dsdt would work or not giving graphics - it did not.

I dare say it could be said not necessary to have dsdt to fix graphics when it can be done string & kext - but I'm trying to work my way to reducing additional kexts and reducing impacts of updates. The main thing is I have QE/CI working without artifacts, details are complete in profiler & update will not effect graphics.

Attachment: Kexts, dsdt, & com.apple.Boot.plist (voodoo & Vanilla). dstdt also has ethernet, hdef (device identifier only), lid0 fix's

Advent_Wind_GMA950.zip

If you cannot mirror see this nice fix here: Mirror Fix Script

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

did hackint0sh hack users of there copy of i deneb 1.4

after trying 3 copy of mac os

1- kalway 10.5.1

2- iatkos 10.5.5

never work for a primary reason which is trying to install little snitch (never boot after) so i install i deneb 10.5.6 v 1.4 and do the security thing as i do with the last copies

ok it work with some hacking open port try to connect and here is some port want to connect and i do not why and which program thy belong (dany udp port 137 and

deny tcp connection to port 443 and the major one --- m dsnr responder open port 5353)

so there is no thing for free after all and i am wondering if hackit0sh wanna help and the others like kalway iatkos by the Turkish team

why thy do that for

so i strongly advice any one wanna use mac to look for security because after

installing problems you r hacked by the same people trying to help you out

good luke for every one

thanks

• 1 month later...

Hello. Give me work DSDT.aml (with GMA950, time machine fix) for 10.5.7 update. I have used patched kext and have artifact. Plz give me archive (all-in-one). Thanck you!

Lastest Wind drivers

Thought I would make this public as it's really handy.

Enjoy folks.. all the latest drivers... ready to go.

check the CUSTOMIZE button, some options are OFF

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=7f66a00...2db6fb9a8902bda

I downloaded this driver package and now I have no sound whatsoever. Can you please assist me in uninstalling the drivers or directing me to correct this issue? I know this is vague and I'll be happy to answer any q's you might have in order to help me.

• 1 month later...

I've heard good things about the Wind but in the end I went with the Samsung NC-10. For battery life, matte screen and solid build. I really couldn't be happier with the Samsung... installing OS X was very easy mainly in part to the Wind for blazing the trail.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Installed 10.5.8 update. Worked fine, noticed resolution had changed back to 800x600 so I used MSi10.5.7UpgradeDriverPack_v1.5 that I had lying on my harddrive from the last time I updated.

Edit: No, sleep stopped working... fixed using this http://thireus.dareyourmind.net/index.php/...os-1058-install

One other thing thats really annoying. Since installing the update, my battery life can no longer be displayed. The status at the top of the screen is either 'charging' or 'not charging' and never how many mins are remaining. Anybody got any ideas?

One other thing thats really annoying. Since installing the update, my battery life can no longer be displayed. The status at the top of the screen is either 'charging' or 'not charging' and never how many mins are remaining. Anybody got any ideas?

Yes, remove AppleSMBIOSEFI.kext, you will get your battery display correct but lose the RAM info in System Profiler

Cheers ;)

Hugh

I am reluctantly asking for help. I did the Kalyway install on my U100 successfully, up to 10.5.4. However, I can't get either ethernet or wi-fi to work. I swapped-out the RT8187SE with a Dell 1490, but neither appears to work. Ethernet just isn't working at all (despite switching it over to manual / 10bt / half duplex / 1500). Clearly, I am missing something or otherwise not doing something correctly, but I'm at a loss as to what, specifically.

I am reluctantly asking for help. I did the Kalyway install on my U100 successfully, up to 10.5.4. However, I can't get either ethernet or wi-fi to work. I swapped-out the RT8187SE with a Dell 1490, but neither appears to work. Ethernet just isn't working at all (despite switching it over to manual / 10bt / half duplex / 1500). Clearly, I am missing something or otherwise not doing something correctly, but I'm at a loss as to what, specifically.

I know its a bit of messing around but why not search for MSIWindosx86 on tpb and try that distro. Everything seemed to work for me with it as i recall. Also perhaps look here... http://wind-osx86.wikispaces.com/10.5+Post-Install

• 3 weeks later...