OS X on the MSI Wind, Before it's Released

687 posts in this topic

Well i dunno about aloya but my wind is rocking hard with 10.5.6 on it running pcefi v9 and voodoo kernel all is great so far and it sems snappier quartz and core image working you must reinstall graphice driver and do a efi gfx string for graphics to work i used pcwiz osx tool to do it everything is working great when i did 10.5.6 update lost power management and ps2 and keyboard just reinstalled it along with graphics and it works great.

system profiler reports just 1 core (instead of the 2 logical cores under 10.5.5) and Quartz Extreme is not supported.

Are there any solutions for that?

The Atom CPU in the MSI Wind and Akoya has a Atom CPU with 1 Core. With HT (Hyper Threading) have the Atom CPU 2 virtual Core but 1 real Core.

Still no luck with quartz extreme after installing newer graphic kexts (AppleIntelGMA950.kext 1.5.36.25 and AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext 1.5.30.17), deleting natit.kext and applying the gma950 efi string.

Kernel is Darwin 9.6.0 (10.5.6 vanilla), not voodoo.

I installed pcefi v9 and applied the dsdt patch before the 10.5.6 update.

Tried with a fresh install - same result. 10.5.6 boots with the stock graphic kexts but after running the patch27ae.command script I first saw the grey apple during boot with the spinning wheel, then the usual blue screen, then nothing more happened.

I couldn't apply the script with kexthelper after logging in as root. It seemed to install the kexts but didn't write the 027ae.... kexts to the extensions folder and didn't have any effect. So I logged in as root and doubleclicked on the script. Then the extensions got installed but the system wouldn't boot. I cleaned up all caches before booting with OSX86Tools for sure and repaired permissions.

For any reason my akoya mini refuses to work with 10.5.6 and these kexts.

Has anyone gotten the BisonCam ver 0.03 to work with photobooth? it seems the MSI Wind shipped with 3 types of webcam.. Sonix, BisonCam Ver 0.2 and Ver 0.3.

I unfortunately have the 0.3 version.. and cant get photobooth to work..

And ideas ?

Has anyone gotten the BisonCam ver 0.03 to work with photobooth? it seems the MSI Wind shipped with 3 types of webcam.. Sonix, BisonCam Ver 0.2 and Ver 0.3.

And ideas ?

On my Wind works the Webcam with Photobooth. Even on fresh install i can take a scapshot for Userpicture with my internal Webcam. Thats amazing. i don´t no 0.3 or 0.2 Webcam.... It works oob....

And ideas ?

Same here - I hope it's OK here to refer to another forum, but there's a thread on this exact topic at Bisoncam and Photo Booth discussion. Maybe a new thread here on this specific topic would be productive, as it might get lost in this lengthy discussion thread here?

If it's against forum policies here to refer to another forum, please delete my post, and accept my apologies.

On my Wind works the Webcam with Photobooth. Even on fresh install i can take a scapshot for Userpicture with my internal Webcam. Thats amazing. i don´t no 0.3 or 0.2 Webcam.... It works oob....

Could you check with webcam your Wind has (under "System Profile" ---> USB). If it's BisonCam, it should also list either v 0.02 or 0.03. TIA

So i just did a retail DVD install at the Wind of my Girlfriend. wasnt such a big problem with the help of the wind-osx86 wiki.

So i installed OSX 10.5.0 added drivers and then made the Update to 10.5.5 via Combo Update, so far so good.

The only thing i am missing is the Battery Status, it dosent show the icon becouse it says that there is no Battery, what do i have to do to get my Battery Icon back?