InsanelyMac logo design competition

Ed

214 posts in this topic

Agreed, I've seen far too many shiny tables as of late :),

I think that a lot of these designs are far too reliant on "cool" graphic effects instead of focusing on a solid structure to build the logo/wordmark around.

Making an Object look like "candy glass" and having it sit on a reflective table is "cool", but once you take all those elements away. The logo should still work on its own.

A graphic treatment is not a substitute for a well planned/ balanced design.

And one last thing, what's the consensus on the new "Black" theme? Personally I find I a bit too dark and somewhat ominous but I've yet to see the light version so I can't say if its any better.

In any case I just thought I'd offer a few thoughts on the matter.

Cheers,

It's true that glass is not the only effect around, however i have been using effects like that since before os x, many people like it. and it has made me money in the past. I do think that a logo should be able to to look good in color & black and white with and without shading. but nothing is wrong with a little apple wax ;)

To be honest with you, I think the new design looks great!I think the logo fits in well with the site, but maybe you could add some sort of apple thing where the im is or maybe something with osx86.

If anyone likes what they see in my work, i will be happy to add anything such as the evolution quote with support. also open to other suggestions. :)

not very unique but solid (and nice explanation)!

imho the best so far. i prefer the "rotated" version.. the other one is too close to the command symbol. i hope the admins rework the sneak preview of the layout.. its to bold, heavy and it looks rather cheap atm..

second option for me would be the apple/skull-avatar from some guy within this thread.. fits to the whole insanelymac-concept very well..

Thanks! I also prefer the 45 degree version. I agree about the new layout thing.

Here's my submission(s), I'm calling it a night :)

Rationale/explanations to come later.

NICE ideas! Great job! I like the extruded Command. Should've thought of that! damn.

my first work on photoshop......so couldnt resist reflection effect..i have posted non reflecting also....here is the red version...19509575rv5.jpg@inimicus & here r the images without reflection and with sharp texts...64123442re6.jpg96454247zm7.jpg
Really nice I must say!
insanelymacsample4atu8.jpginsanelymacsample4bib7.jpg
The idea is good with the leaf on the logo like an apple but I don't think it can used on the site ;)

Here's my submission(s), I'm calling it a night :P

Rationale/explanations to come later.

I'm not particularly fond of the type, but I think the command symbol here is the best thing to come out of this thread (symbol-wise).

Perhaps this symbol combined with the type of pages past?