Oblivion 100% Playble

sonicjam

95 posts in this topic

Hello everyone.

Lots of good useful help here on how to get Oblivion running, and I'm getting there now. Still got sound problems, but I have got mods running. People are asking about the file locations and so here are some tips from me in the hope that it will save you some of the hours I spent on wild goose chases around the filesystem...

NB: I have a Cider version of the Oblivion GOTY edition, which as standard, ran with a black screen and no plugins.

Priority 1 = fix the black screen

In the game, go to options and turn off HDR

Priority 2 = Activate the DLC plugins

For this and the next steps, the thing to realise is that your plug ins, Oblivion.ini and Plugins.txt files are in different places!

To find your plug ins, control select the Oblivion icon in Applications and Show Contents. This will reveal the hidden file structure within. Navigate through the folders to Resources>transgaming>c_drive>Bethesda Softworks>Oblivion. You can make an alias to this folder for easier navigation next time.

Within the Oblivion folder site the game and it's Data folder. It's in Data that plugins go. You'll need to look in here and get the file names of any DLC addons, so keep this window open.

Now for the Plugins.txt file. This will tell Oblivion what to load and in what order.

Look in yourHomeFolder>Library>Preferences>Oblivion Preferences>p_drive>User>Local Settings>Application Data>Oblivion

You will likely have to create the Plugins.txt file from scratch. I used BBEdit and found it important to set DOS line breaks. A basic file will look like this...

# This file is used to tell Oblivion which data files to load.

# Use the "data files" option in the Oblivion launcher to choose which files

# you want. Please do not modify this file.

oblivion.esm

DLCFrostcrag.esp

DLCVileLair.esp

DLCOrrery.esp

DLCMehrunesRazor.esp

DLCShiveringIsles.esp

DLCSpellTomes.esp

DLCThievesDen.esp

DLCHorseArmor.esp

Knights.esp

I read that oblivion.esm goes first always and in the DLC list, Knights goes last. It works for me so far.

Priority 3 = Fiddle in the Oblivion.ini file with tweaks I read about in forums

Look in yourHomeFolder>Library>Preferences>Oblivion Preferences>p_drive>User>Local Settings>My Documents>My Games>Oblivion

This is the location of the Oblivion.ini that seems to make a difference. There are others in the main application folder, but these don't seem to do anything (for me).

This is the file to 'experiment with' to try and fix the sound bug. I haven't had any luck yet.

Priority 4 = Add some other plug ins, such as Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp

Remember that plug ins will live in the Data folder where the app is. You can download them from sites, and might need a .7z unzipper, but once you have it it's worth being aware that you'll have to manual install any files. This is fiddly and needs to be done with care to match up the correct folders, etc. and not to delete anything unintentionally.

Having added files carefully, you'll also have a .esp file in the Data folder too. Go and add its name onto the end of your Plugins.txt file and save it.

That should see your plug in load next time you run Oblivion and enter the game world.

So, I'm up and running and on my way to see Jauffre. If I sort the sound bug, or find any other great revelations, I'll post somewhere on the board.

Good luck! ... and thanks again to the posters above who helped me get everything up and running.

Justin

Thanks for the post it helped sort of. Here is my problem I did everything that you said to do and now Oblivion wont work at all. Am I doing something wrong?

Here is what my plugins text document looks like.

#This file is used to tell Oblivion which data files to load.

#Use the "data files" option in the Oblivion launcher to choose which files

#you want. Please do not modify this file.

Oblivion.esm

DLCFrostcrag.esp

DLCHorseArmor.esp

DLCMehrunesRazor.esp

DLCOrrery.esp

DLCShiveringIsles.esp

DLCSpellTomes.esp

DLCThievesDen.esp

DLCVileLair.esp

Knights.esp

Open Cities Full.esp

Open Cities Full + Bravil Blood&Mud.esp

Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp

Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp

Kvatch Rebuilt.esp

The Lost Spires.esp

Cheydinhal Petshop.esp

What could I be doing wrong should I delete and reinstall?

Hi Vivec,

I'm not fully familiar with all the mods you mention, but check when using a mod that it doesn't require the OBSE script extension things as this isn't Mac compatible.

If in doubt, add the mods to the file one by one and see which one is killing Oblivion.

Justin

• 3 weeks later...

Hopefully most people have figured this out by now...but most of the people who are posting problems with getting mods to work dont have a correct load order. Someone mentioned this in an earlier post but heres a refresher...

.esm files go on the bottom of the list (load order) and .esp file go on top of them. so your plugins.txt folder should look something like this...

# Use the \"data files\" option in the Oblivion launcher to choose which files

Cobl Tweaks.esp

Cobl Glue.esp

Cobl Races.esp

Cobl Si.esp

Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp

Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp

Knights.esp

DLCShiveringIsles.esp

DLCHorseArmor.esp

DLCMehrunesRazor.esp

DLCOrrery.esp

DLCSpellTomes.esp

DLCThievesDen.esp

Better Cities Resources.esm

Cobl Main.esm

Oblivion.esm

Hopefully that clears something up for someone. Kinda an old topic but I just got Oblivion from piratebay a few days ago and so far the only glitch i've encountered is the notorious collision sound glitch :)

Has anyone had any luck with fixing it?

Where do i put the two files?? I dont have an oblivion folder in Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Documents and Settings/User/Local Settings/Application Data

Also i dont have a launcher, i just click on Oblivion GOTY and it opens up to the start screen. if there is a third party launcher that i missed can someone post the link?

EDIT

i found the oblivion launcher and opened it via crossover but all the options (play, data files, options, etc) are unselectable except elderscrolls.com and exit. do i have the Plugins.txt and DLClist.txt in the right place? they are here:

Contents/Resourses/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Bethesta Softworks/Oblivion/data

^ here is the launcher i found.

• 3 weeks later...

I have tried everything here to get the mods to work and they still won't... I'm not interested in modifying the .ini file to fix the sound bug, doesn't bug me all that much since it goes away for me after a few seconds. But any mod that uses the .esp files will not work. Any Ideas?

• 3 months later...
I found a txt that oblivion reads to order to get the mod to work and its pretty easy too.

1. First download the app i released its in my sig and add the game in its right place.

2. Go, find, and download the mods you want. (i recommend http://www.tesnexus.com )

3. Add the mod in the data folder. Watch out when it asks about replacing something because you can remove your last mod files for accident just open up the folder and move the files into the folder it has to be.

4. now to get your mod or dlc working go to username/library/preference/"The Elder Scrolls 4/Oblivion Preferences"/p_drive/user/local settings/application data/Oblivion/

5. now in there make 2 txt files one named DLCList.txt the other one Plugins.txt

6. just to make sure just add this in your txts

7. to add the mods is the easy part just open up Plugins.txt file and add the file name.ext over oblivion.esm just to make sure. Here is an example:

8. thats it save it and open oblivion and have fun with the mods.

[optional]

to make it easier make an alias for the folder of oblivion to add the mods it will be a pain in the butt opening it every time you found somehting.

okay so i am a total n00b at modding games and everything on this site.. whats a sig?

Hello everyone,

for those who want to play TES4-Oblivion on your mac OSX 10.6, I strongly suggest your forget about the the Cider-port and simply download the Oblivion GOTY from ThePirateBay or be gentle and simply buy the game ;)

(both will work just fine!!)

Now you've achieved your copy of the game, and everything will/should work like a charm...untill you realize there's is much more to it once you've learned that you can change this game just the way YOU like it! This changing and adding we call "modding". A 'Modd' is simply a little piece you add to the game like a brand new sword or maybe the ability to fly...whatever you like.

For those who might call themselves 'n00bs' i'll tell the story "How To Play and Modd TES4 on a Mac" once again (as the first member on this post did 2 years ago).

It's pretty easy, but be sure not to miss any step in the process ;)

First comes the detailed/long version, below the short version.

here we go:

1.Getting started

What do we need?

- Oblivion GOTY (for Mac)

- A website like http://www.tesnexus.com/ where you can find and download lovely Modd's for Oblivion

!IMPORTANT! - when looking for mods, be sure to read the description of it very careful because some of them are simply incompatible with Mac (unfortunately!!!)

--> Mods that require programs like 'OBMM' or 'OBSE' will not work on your mac!!!

OBMM - Oblivion Modd Manager: This is a program for windows to install mods safer, easier and more automatically. Most often the creators of these mods give you the option to install the mods with OBMM or manually. When given this option it means that the mac-gamers will be very happy because when modding on a mac the only way to do it is MANUALLY.

OBSE - A Script Extender: some more complicated mods require OBSE because they needs certain 'scripts' to be executed. Today, late 2010, there is still not something like 'OBSE for Mac'... and there is no way around it :)

2.The Mod

In general, your downloaded mod will exist out of 2 parts:

- an .ESP file

- data such as meshes (with extensions like .kf or .nif...) and textures (.nif .dds .....) and sounds... and.....

(sometimes one of the above will no be present...because they're not needed :P)

In order to use your mod you need to place the files in the right directory, lets go to the next step...

3.Installing your mod

All your files need to be put inside your Obilivion Application, so open it up (Show Contents):

Oblivion GOTY.app/Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Bethesda Softworks/Oblivion/Data

This directory is where all the magic will happen.

PART 1 - your Data

The 'Data' directory seems pretty empty but is actually fully loaded with all sorts of content that all together forms your game.

advantage --> that what we mac-users can't see, we can't accidentally erase.

disadvantage --> it can be hard to 'replace' a file which exact directory we can't find by searching.

As I started mentioning above, when modding manually we have to be very very carefull when copy/pasting and overwriting files. Or you be very carefull or you simply backup every time before you want to add something new.

Good for us we simply can't erase the base-files of oblivion. *hooorraay* ...but the moment we are using a lot of mods together the risk gets bigger of making mistakes. So you are warned, be carefull!

Now put all your files in the correct folder within the Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Bethesda Softworks/Oblivion/Data directory

PART 2 - the .ESP files

This Data folder is also the directory where you will always put your .ESP and/or .ESM files

different from the other files these .esp files will never be stored in any subfolder.

Done that? Perfect, now 2 more steps to go.

PART 3 - activation

{when there was no .esp file present in your mod you can simply skip this part}

Now you've installed your new mod and all is put in a package with the label 'Data'.

You'll want to add new mods in the future, so it would be wise to make an Alias to this data-folder to quick-acces it the next time you'll be modding ;)

Our last step now is to inform Oblivion that you've add something new to the game.

And we do this by making a little list with all the names of the .esp files so that when Oblivion start booting up, it simply has to check this list to know what mod he has to load.

The list has also a specific directory and name. And if this file (or directory) does not exist yet, we merely need to create it :)

now, go to /Users/USERNAME/Library/Preferences/Oblivion Preferences/p_drive/User/Local Settings/Application Data/Oblivion

and create the next text-files (if not present yet)

- DLCList.txt

- Plugins.txt

DLCList keeps track of your (offically) downloaded Contents and should look something like:

# This file is used by Oblivion to keep track of your downloaded content.

# Please do not modify this file.

DLCShiveringIsles.esp

DLCHorseArmor.esp

Knights.esp

DLCMehrunesRazor.esp

DLCOrrery.esp

DLCSpellTomes.esp

DLCThievesDen.esp

DLCVileLair.esp

DLCFrostcrag.esp

Plugins is the list that I was talking about, here you note down all the mods you wish to load when firing-up Oblivion:

# Use the "data files" option in the Oblivion launcher to choose which files

Adonnays Elven Weaponry.esp

DLCHorseArmor.esp

Knights.esp

DLCMehrunesRazor.esp

DLCOrrery.esp

DLCSpellTomes.esp

DLCThievesDen.esp

DLCVileLair.esp

DLCFrostcrag.esp

Oblivion.esm

DLCShiveringIsles.esp

As you can see the DLC's are also in this list.

When adding a new mod you put the name of the .esp file with extension in this list.

For example, above i've added "Adonnays Elven Weaponry.esp". I simply put the name in the list and i save this text-file.

!IMPORTANT! Most of the time the order in this list is not very important. However, sometimes your oblivion will crash because of 2 different mods who are in conflict because of there load order. Often your will learn this when reading the description of a mod.

For example, 'DLCSHiveringIsles.esp' has to be loaded AFTHER Oblivion.esm and Oblivion.esm should preferably be loaded after all your other mods. So, as you can see above, Oblivion.esm and DLCShiveringIsles.esp are my 2 last mods in the list.

Making an Alias to quick-acces this Plugin.txt document is again a good thing to do if you want to save some time in the future :)

This editing and activating in the Plugins.txt is what windows user do within the 'Oblivion Launcher'. Since the mac version of Oblivion does not launch the Obliovion Launcher, we are not able to activate any mod through it, so we do this (again) manually with the Plugins.txt document.

4. Play & Enjoy!

Once your data files are in place and your plugin list is saved, you can fire up up your oblivion.app and enjoy your new manually-installed mod!

------

A little summary:

1 - get your copy of TES4-Oblivion GOTY for Mac en download a/some mod(s)

--> watch out for Mac-incompatible mods

2 - put your meshes, textures, .esp files in the Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Bethesda Softworks/Oblivion/Data directory

--> be carefull where you put each file and back-up before to be safe.

--> spare some time and make an Alias to quick-acces the Data directory

3 - activate your ESP/ESM-files by adding their names to the list 'Plugins'

--> create the text-file when not existing

--> watch out for the loading order

4. Save your Plugins.txt and play OBLIVION !!!

------

Here you, a long and a short version ;)

At your service,

Galad

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, so I downloaded the application you referred to in step one and this is the process of when I attempt to install it.

"An update for The Elders Scrolls: Oblivion is available.

Do you want to download and install update now?"

'Yes' 'No'

Me: Yes

"Download Started"

"Downloading"

(Loading Bar)

"Patching files"

(Loading bar half way)

iPatch 3.7

[Window above still active]

"Some of the files have been modified!

Please re-install"

'View Log' 'Quit'

If you click Quit it restarts.

According to the log, it seems to be trying updating some kind of Spore application.

This is what the log says:

Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/FreeType.framework/FreeType  -> OK
Examining File :   -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/FreeType.framework/unix/lib/libfreetype.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/FreeType.framework/Versions/2.3/FreeType  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/FreeType.framework/Versions/2.3/unix/lib/libfreetype.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/FreeType.framework/Versions/Current/FreeType  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/FreeType.framework/Versions/Current/unix/lib/libfreetype.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libadvapi32.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libadvpack.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libapplemp3.acm.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libavicap32.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libavifil32.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libavifile.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libcabinet.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libcomctl32.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libcomdlg32.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libcomm.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libcommdlg.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libcompobj.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libcrtdll.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libcrypt32.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libd3d8.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libd3d9.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libd3dgl.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libd3drm.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libd3dx8.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libd3dx9.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libd3dx9_24.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libd3dx9_25.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libd3dx9_26.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libd3dx9_27.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libd3dx9_28.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libd3dx9_29.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libd3dx9_30.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libd3dx9_31.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libd3dx9_32.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libd3dx9_33.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libd3dx9_34.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libd3dx9_35.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libd3dx9_36.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libd3dxof.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libdbghelp.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libdciman32.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libddeml.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libddraw.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libdevenum.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libdinput.dylib  -> SHA1 Error
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libdinput8.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libdispdib.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libdisplay.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libdmime.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libdmloader.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libdmsynth.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libdmusic.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libdnsapi.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libdplay.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libdplayx.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libdpnet.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libdpnhpast.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libdsound.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libdswave.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libdxdiagn.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libfaultrep.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libgdi.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libgdi32.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libgdiplus.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libglu32.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libicmp.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libimaadp32.acm.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libimagehlp.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libimm.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libimm32.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libinetmib1.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libiphlpapi.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libjoystick.drv.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libkernel.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libkernel32.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libkeyboard.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/liblz32.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/liblzexpand.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libmapi32.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libmcianim.drv.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libmciavi.drv.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libmcicda.drv.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libmciseq.drv.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libmciwave.drv.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libmidimap.drv.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libmmsystem.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libmouse.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libmpr.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libmsacm.drv.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libmsacm.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libmsacm32.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libmsadp32.acm.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libmsdmo.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libmsg711.acm.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libmshtml.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libmsi.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libmsimg32.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libmsnet32.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libmsrle32.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libmsvcrt.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libmsvcrt20.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libmsvfw32.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libmsvideo.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libmswsock.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libnetapi32.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libnmapi.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libntdll.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libntoskrnl.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libodbc32.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libodbccp32.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libole2.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libole2conv.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libole2disp.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libole2nls.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libole2prox.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libole2thk.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libole32.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/liboleacc.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/liboleaut32.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libolecli.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libolecli32.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/liboledlg.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libolepro32.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libolesvr.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libolesvr32.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libopengl32.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libpowrprof.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libpsapi.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libqcap.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libquartz.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/librasapi16.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/librasapi32.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libriched20.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libriched32.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/librpcrt4.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/librsaenh.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libschannel.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libsdldrv.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libsecur32.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libsensapi.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libserialui.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libsetupapi.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libsetupx.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libsfc.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libshdocvw.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libshell.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libshell32.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libshfolder.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libshlwapi.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libsnmpapi.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libsound.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libsti.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libstorage.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libstress.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libsystem.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libtapi32.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libtggraphics.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libtoolhelp.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libttydrv.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libtwain_32.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libtypelib.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/liburl.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/liburlmon.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libuser.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libuser32.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libusp10.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libver.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libversion.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libw32skrnl.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libw32sys.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libwin32s16.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libwin87em.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libwinaspi.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libwindebug.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libwine.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libwine_port.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libwine_tsx11.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libwine_unicode.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libwinealsa.drv.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libwinedos.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libwinemacca.drv.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libwinemp3.acm.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libwineoss.drv.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libwineps.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libwineps16.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libwineserver.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libwing.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libwinhttp.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libwininet.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libwinmm.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libwinnls.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libwinnls32.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libwinsock.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libwinspool.drv.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libwintrust.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libWinUI.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libwnaspi32.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libwow32.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libwprocs.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libws2_32.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libwsock32.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libxinput.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libxinput1_1.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libxinput1_2.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/libxinput1_3.dylib  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/SDL.framework/SDL  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/SDL.framework/SDL-source-with-transgaming-updates.tar.gz  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/SDL.framework/Versions/A/SDL  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/SDL.framework/Versions/Current/SDL  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/tgUpdate.framework/Headers/tgUpdate.h  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/tgUpdate.framework/tgUpdate  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/tgUpdate.framework/Versions/A/Headers/tgUpdate.h  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/tgUpdate.framework/Versions/A/tgUpdate  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/tgUpdate.framework/Versions/Current/Headers/tgUpdate.h  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/tgUpdate.framework/Versions/Current/tgUpdate  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/version.txt  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/wineserver  -> OK
[color="#FF0000"]Examining File : /Contents/Info.plist  -> SHA1 Error[/color]
Examining File : /Contents/MacOS/cider  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/MacOS/cider_noui  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/MacOS/tgUpdate  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/PkgInfo  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Resources/English.lproj/Localizable.strings  -> OK
[color="#FF0000"]Examining File : /Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/EA Games/Spore/Data/CSA_Audio.package  -> SHA1 Error
Examining File : /Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/EA Games/Spore/Data/CSA_Graphics.package  -> SHA1 Error
Examining File : /Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/EA Games/Spore/Data/CSA_Main.package  -> SHA1 Error
Examining File : /Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/EA Games/Spore/Data/Locale/cs-cz/Text.package  -> SHA1 Error
Examining File : /Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/EA Games/Spore/Data/Locale/da-dk/Text.package  -> SHA1 Error
Examining File : /Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/EA Games/Spore/Data/Locale/de-de/Text.package  -> SHA1 Error
Examining File : /Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/EA Games/Spore/Data/Locale/el-gr/Text.package  -> SHA1 Error
Examining File : /Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/EA Games/Spore/Data/Locale/en-gb/Text.package  -> SHA1 Error
Examining File : /Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/EA Games/Spore/Data/Locale/en-us/Text.package  -> SHA1 Error
Examining File : /Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/EA Games/Spore/Data/Locale/es-es/Text.package  -> SHA1 Error
Examining File : /Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/EA Games/Spore/Data/Locale/fi-fi/Text.package  -> SHA1 Error
Examining File : /Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/EA Games/Spore/Data/Locale/fr-fr/Text.package  -> SHA1 Error
Examining File : /Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/EA Games/Spore/Data/Locale/hu-hu/Text.package  -> SHA1 Error
Examining File : /Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/EA Games/Spore/Data/Locale/it-it/Text.package  -> SHA1 Error
Examining File : /Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/EA Games/Spore/Data/Locale/nl-nl/Text.package  -> SHA1 Error
Examining File : /Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/EA Games/Spore/Data/Locale/no-no/Text.package  -> SHA1 Error
Examining File : /Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/EA Games/Spore/Data/Locale/pl-pl/Text.package  -> SHA1 Error
Examining File : /Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/EA Games/Spore/Data/Locale/pt-br/Text.package  -> SHA1 Error
Examining File : /Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/EA Games/Spore/Data/Locale/pt-pt/Text.package  -> SHA1 Error
Examining File : /Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/EA Games/Spore/Data/Locale/ru-ru/Text.package  -> SHA1 Error
Examining File : /Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/EA Games/Spore/Data/Locale/sv-se/Text.package  -> SHA1 Error
Examining File : /Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/EA Games/Spore/SporeBin/SporeCreatureCreator.exe  -> SHA1 Error[/color]
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/tgUpdate.framework/Resources/da.lproj/Localizable.strings  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/tgUpdate.framework/Resources/Dutch.lproj/Localizable.strings  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/tgUpdate.framework/Resources/English.lproj/Localizable.strings  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/tgUpdate.framework/Resources/French.lproj/Localizable.strings  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/tgUpdate.framework/Resources/German.lproj/Localizable.strings  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/tgUpdate.framework/Resources/Italian.lproj/Localizable.strings  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/tgUpdate.framework/Resources/no.lproj/Localizable.strings  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/tgUpdate.framework/Resources/Spanish.lproj/Localizable.strings  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/tgUpdate.framework/Resources/Swedish.lproj/Localizable.strings  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/tgUpdate.framework/Versions/A/Resources/da.lproj/Localizable.strings  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/tgUpdate.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Dutch.lproj/Localizable.strings  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/tgUpdate.framework/Versions/A/Resources/English.lproj/Localizable.strings  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/tgUpdate.framework/Versions/A/Resources/French.lproj/Localizable.strings  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/tgUpdate.framework/Versions/A/Resources/German.lproj/Localizable.strings  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/tgUpdate.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Italian.lproj/Localizable.strings  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/tgUpdate.framework/Versions/A/Resources/no.lproj/Localizable.strings  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/tgUpdate.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Spanish.lproj/Localizable.strings  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/tgUpdate.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Swedish.lproj/Localizable.strings  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/tgUpdate.framework/Versions/Current/Resources/da.lproj/Localizable.strings  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/tgUpdate.framework/Versions/Current/Resources/Dutch.lproj/Localizable.strings  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/tgUpdate.framework/Versions/Current/Resources/English.lproj/Localizable.strings  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/tgUpdate.framework/Versions/Current/Resources/French.lproj/Localizable.strings  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/tgUpdate.framework/Versions/Current/Resources/German.lproj/Localizable.strings  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/tgUpdate.framework/Versions/Current/Resources/Italian.lproj/Localizable.strings  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/tgUpdate.framework/Versions/Current/Resources/no.lproj/Localizable.strings  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/tgUpdate.framework/Versions/Current/Resources/Spanish.lproj/Localizable.strings  -> OK
Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/tgUpdate.framework/Versions/Current/Resources/Swedish.lproj/Localizable.strings  -> OK

Installing the Oblivion GOTY.app on your mac OSX 10.6 is a simple drag-and-drop issue.

So I don't quite see where it would prompt to ask you for an update!?

Nevertheless, the GOTY version is v1.2.0.416 and doesn't need an 'official' update or whatever, it works just fine.

There are some small errors in it and those can be fixed with the 'Unofficial Oblivion Patch' which can be downloaded (for free) at www.tesnexus.com, but to be honest, i've played it almost a year without that patch :unsure:

...or where you talking about the Cider Port version when you said:

"Okay, so I downloaded the application you referred to in step one and this is the process"

...in that case I can't help you ;)

Hi everyone,

I'm running the oblivion goty mac version on my macbook. my problem is, that it runs really bad. I've got around 10-15fps outdoors with medium settings at 1280x800. someone mentioned, that he can play oblivion at almost everything high with 30fps with the same system (10.6.6.;2.26ghz core 2 duo; 4gb ddr3; 9400m).

I've tried to do some .ini tweaking but I can't find any working .ini! the one in the game folder does not work for me and I can't find any other.

anyone with tips to make the game run faster or find my lost .ini? thanks in advance!

edit:

some more strange facts:

1. it doesn't seem to make a big difference between medium and highest settings. nearly stays at the same framerate.

2. I do not see any character shadows

edit2:

ok, I've found the right .ini

tried some tips mentioned on page 2. doesn't seem to have much effect.

anyone who can provide good settings for my system?

10.6.6.;2.26ghz core 2 duo; 4gb ddr3; 9400m

I've tried to do some .ini tweaking but I can't find any working .ini! the one in the game folder does not work for me and I can't find any other.

Your computer hardware looks more than sufficient and compatible with the game, so I don't think that's your problem.

About the "Oblivion.ini" file,

there is indeed one whithin the application itself, but the only .ini file your game will listen to eventually will be the one located in:

/Users/USERNAME/Library/Preferences/Oblivion Preferences/p_drive/User/My Documents/My Games/Oblivion

Tweaking within that .ini file can be useful and even necessary sometimes, but more often it will cause your game to crash or act unnaturally more than do you any good.

Your computer hardware looks more than sufficient and compatible with the game, so I don't think that's your problem.

About the "Oblivion.ini" file,

there is indeed one whithin the application itself, but the only .ini file your game will listen to eventually will be the one located in:

/Users/USERNAME/Library/Preferences/Oblivion Preferences/p_drive/User/My Documents/My Games/Oblivion

Tweaking within that .ini file can be useful and even necessary sometimes, but more often it will cause your game to crash or act unnaturally more than do you any good.

ye found that .ini! tried some tweaking, but it doesn't seem to have much effect. still won't get above 15 fps outdoor with acceptable looking settings (e.g. full distance, grass on etc). I did a complete new installation recently and running latest updates etc. but it doesn't help at all.

• 5 months later...

Hi all.

I've spent many, many hours of my life trying to get Oblivion mods to work. I've followed instructions such as those by Galador here, I've trawled through you tube videos of nerdy teenagers explaining how to do it, and I'm still at a loss! This is beginning to take over my life!!

And so to begin my tale of woe...

Mackbook Pro | Mac OS X. 10.5.8 | 2.53 GHz Intel Core Duo | 4GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce 9400M, 256 MB

More details available on request...!

Playing Oblivion GOTY download as mentioned in our original post, though I do own the Xbox version.

GOTY works fine with the proviso's most people have had to put in place (anti-alias x16, HD & Bloom lighting options off) and I get pretty good performance. Still get the glitch where the slights nock of an apple off a table sounds like an anvil. It' tolerable, though the arena bloodworks is pretty noisy!

Anyway, to the point:

The only successful alteration I've managed - I'm not sure I'd call it a 'mod' - is a change to the map and item menus, did it so long ago I can't remember how, but must have just been some menu graphic/ texture overwrite. It didn't involve any .esp files.

Trying to implement mods with .esp/ .esm just isn't working.

In the directory:

Macintosh HD/Users/USERNAME/Library/Preferences/Oblivion Preferences/p_drive/User/Local Settings/ Application Data/Oblivion

I have 2 files; DLCList.txt & Plugins.txt

DLC.txt contains:

# This file is used by Oblivion to keep track of your downloaded content.

DLCShiveringIsles.esp

DLCHorseArmor.esp

Knights.esp

DLCMehrunesRazor.esp

DLCOrrery.esp

DLCSpellTomes.esp

DLCThievesDen.esp

DLCVileLair.esp

DLCFrostcrag.esp

Plugins.txt contains:

# Use the "data files" option in the oblivion launcher to choose which files

ACCCGR SI.esp

Hemingweys Capes Improved.esp

Hemingweys Capes Improved.esm

Hemingweys Capes Improved Merchants.esp

Hemingweys VAN Boss Chest Cape Loot.esp

Hemingweys VAN NPC Capes Improved Bosses Only.esp

Hemingweys VAN NPC Capes Improved Citizens.esp

Hemingweys VAN NPC Capes Improved Enemies.esp

Hemingweys VAN NPC Capes Improved IC Guards.esp

Hemingweys VAN NPC Capes Improved Legion Forester.esp

Hemingweys VAN NPC Capes Improved Regional City Guards.esp

Hemingweys VAN Show Amulets.esp

Natural_Habitat_by_Max_Tael.esp

Natural_Vegetation_by_Max_Tael.esp

Natural_Water_by_Max_Tael.esp

Natural_Weather_by_Max_Tael.esp

Natural_Weather_HDR_by_Max_Tael.esp

Oblivifall - Something's Not Right.esp

CapesandCloaks.esp

DLCHorseArmor.esp

Knights.esp

DLCMehrunesRazor.esp

DLCOrrery.esp

DLCSpellTomes.esp

DLCThievesDen.esp

DLCVileLair.esp

DLCFrostcrag.esp

Oblivion.esm

DLCShiveringIsles.esp

(That's a long list I know. It got to the stage where I was just adding mods relentlessly to see if one would stick!)

Within the Oblivion application (right click: "Show package contents"):

Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Bethesda Softworks/Oblivion

There are the following files:

atimgpud.dll

Bethesda.txt

binkw32.dll

config.exe

LauncherMusic.wav

Oblivion_default.ini

Obilvion.exe

Ovlivion.ini

OblivionLauncher.exe

Readme.txt

shaders.sdp

'Data' folder

I am sure I have the correct files from the mods stored within the 'Data' folder in the correct places. I also have an identical copy of the DLCList.txt & Plugins.txt files in the 'Data' folder.

To use the example of the mod I would love most to work (Capes & cloaks, available from: http://elderscrolls.filefront.com/file/Cap...63224#Download)

CapesandCloaks.esp is in the 'Data' folder, as is:

Data/meshes/clothes/cloaks and capes

Data/Textures/clothes/capes and cloaks

Data/Textures/Menus/Icons/clothes/capesandcloaks

all as they were in the mod download

So I'm sure everything I need is in the right place, included in the plugins.txt file in the right way, and yet not one of those modes you can see above in my plugins.txt file works. I'm not even sure if any of the DLC content that cam with the original download works, as I haven't tried to get to Shivering Isles in my game yet (though encouragingly I did get the message come up about 'A door in Niben Bay', or whatever it is...).

To me it looks seems like Oblivion completely ignores the Plugins.txt file, and all of its commands for my mods! :unsure:

Any help anyone could offer is greatly appreciated!?!

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

OK, well I've never used BBEdit before. Have downloaded it as a free trial and it has a lot of options and things I'm not familiar with. Would you be able to run through how you made the .txt files in it?

Cheers

I don't know if this is helpful, but I was having a similar problem with oblivion not recognizing the mods at all. I then used BBEdit instead of textedit, and mods now work.

Scrap that, mods now working! BOOM!

Just opened the plugins.txt and DLCList.txt files with BBEdit free trial, removed all the formatting text gumf around the main esp commands (that must have been hidden before using text edit) and all mods now working.

Thanks for the help guys!

OK, well I've never used BBEdit before. Have downloaded it as a free trial and it has a lot of options and things I'm not familiar with. Would you be able to run through how you made the .txt files in it?

Cheers

Thanks for all the tips guys! I successfully installed Oblivion last week but I'm having trouble getting playable FPS when outdoors. Indoors I get 60 fps easily, but as soon as I'm outside it's a wreck. I get 10-20 fps, and when moving around and another cell loads it chokes to 8 fps.

I've tried ini tweaking (everything from fpsclamp to tree duplicates), low poly grass (toggling grass off helps a little), short grass, Qarl's Texture pack redimized (which I read has unexpectedly improved people's fps, I didn't notice any difference), I even tried reducing the resolution ... I'm not getting any improvement with my fps outdoors. Does anyone know what I can try to fix it? I would like to improve the fps to 30, and stop it from choking/stuttering when I'm exploring.

I can get Shivering Isles to work, but when I've tried getting horse armor I get a crash soon afterwards... I was also able to stop the combat stutters by moving the battle music folder elsewhere. I haven't tried fixing the loud impact sounds, my priority is getting the fps fixed.

I'm running a Mac Pro xeon 2.8ghz 8 core with 10 gb ram, with an ATI Radeon HD 2600, and Mac OS 10.6.7. In fact, my performance isn't much worse on a 2006 dual core 2.16ghz iMac with an ATI Radeon HD 1600 and 1 gb of ram (lower texture settings there). I hope I can configure the game to run better and it's not my specs!

Thanks for all the help in this thread! I'm glad I'm discovering this game for the first time and I'm loving it ... it's really getting me excited for Skyrim :)

• 2 years later...

Hello,

I just can't get my Shivering Isles to work (or any mods/dlc's). I go to /users/USERNAME/  and there's no 'Library' folder. Do I just need to create it manually or am I just missing something? There is a Library folder in my hard drive, but in Preferences there's no Oblivion Preferences either.