new ALC88X AppleHDA drivers by Taruga

zarac

133 posts in this topic

Updated the links in both my posts to point to a new zip.

Yea.. my link is two posts above this one, but here it is anyway:

Taruga_Leopard_alc88x.zip

I think some folks might be trying to install the alc88x_addx_AppleHDA.kext folder instead of the AppleHDA.kext that's in that folder.

That's how they were named on Taruga's site, but I've removed .kext extension from the alc88x_addx_AppleHDA folders to try and be a bit more clear.

I also added Kabyl's HDAEnabler.kext as well to the zip.

Backup or Remove the original AppleHDA.kext and install both the AppleHDA.kext you need and the HDAEnabler.kext in your /System/Library/Extensions folder.

Usual kext updating rules apply, make sure the permissions and ownership are correct, update the cache, reboot.

If your unfamiliar with the install process, use KextHelper.

http://www.cheetha.net/Kext_Helper/Software.html

I just updated to 10.5.7 and lost my sound. I have the GA-EP45-DS3L board and used the ALC888_add0_AppleHDA kext from the above download along with the HDAEnabler.kext and now everything is working great.

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

This works for my ALC888 but the downside is that my normal line out was baseless as has been reported, I installed this looking for a way to activate my headphone jack as it was undetected before and not functioning... Now I have the headphone jack working but the line out is baseless, what I wanted to achieve is having my speakers connected to line out and if I wanted to use headphones just plug em' in and the speakers wont output no more sound but the headphones will, like in Vista...

Now I have to bring the cord around to the front of the computer and every time i wanna switch from speakers to headphones i gotta unplug speakers and plug headphones which is kind of annoying but I guess I could deal with it...

Unless someone has a solution?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Yeah, here for 10.6 and 10.6.2

I used the one for 10.6 as I haven't updated yet and it's not working for me.

I have a Intel DG31PR mobo

onboard audio is ALC888 3connectors on back, 2 that i know of for the front panel, and a spdif on the mobo.

tried with arch = i386, confirmed it with uname -a

dragged and dropped to sys/lib/ext then ran pfix for the correct drive, as I do with any kext.

I have another kext that does work, but the spdif and other things are not working.

I'm not sure this is for my card in the original leo release of the trauma alc88x drivers there was a kext for

alc882_add0

alc882_add2

alc888_add0

alc888_add2

etc.

also i never tested the taruga ones when i had regular leo as I just recently found this thread.

• 3 months later...
Yeah, here for 10.6 and 10.6.2

Man... do I THANK YOU!!!

Worked like a charm. Just installed Snow Leopard on my GA-EP45T-DS3R, everything was working fine except audio - tried every single thing around the forum, nothing.

Then I came across your post, downloaded your kexts and I am a very happy man now :-)

Now to the gruesome task of installing software.

Again, thanks a lot. And good luck to all you guys out there!