QE Dual/quad Displays Nvinject.kext for Leo 10.5.3 - 6

starobrno1

23 posts in this topic

Edit:

It also works on my new EP45-DS3 mobo running 10.5.6 and SL 10.6.2 with two PCIe noname 7300gs 512 mb videocards, and with the osx86 tools you can enable Quartz GL. Check out my last post regarding bios settings for this mobo.

I�ve got a GA Geforce 7300 gs 256 mb and I�m running Retail 10.5.3 installed using the sticky for GA P35 mobos. I have the GA P35-DS3R mobo and the q6600 cpu and 8 gig memory. I also tried this kext on my old Asus P4P800se P43Ghz Cpu hack with a PNY Gforce 6200 AGP 8x 256mb videocard and it works for this card to.

I found the NVCAP string that works for dual displays VGA DVI and copied and pasted it in to the info.plist of a Nvinject from one of the 10.5.3 guides I found here in an updatepackage from Mysticus C. Now I can have dual displays when I work in Logic Pro 8. Don�t know about mirror though dont use it.

All I did was download this Nvinject.kext to my desktop and made a copy of it. It�s allways good to work on a copy to keep the original as a backup (you should also make a backup/copy of the kext your going to replace with this one just in case things mess up). Then to get to the info.plist I rightklicked on the kext then hit the show package content to open the Content folder. In the Content folder I rightklicked on the info.plist and open it with texteditor. In texteditor I located and edited the NVCAP value/long line of letters to:

(It�s the letter code you replace, the line under that says "Real NVCAP" is only educational info for thoose who wan to dig deep in to this.)

<key>NVCAP</key>

<data>

BAAAAAAAAQAGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=

(Real NVCAP : 04000000 00000100 06000000 00000000 00000000)

I believe this gives VGA DVI.

This is what it said before:

BAAAAAAAAwAMAAAAAAAABwAAAAA=

(Real NVCAP : 04000000 00000300 0c000000 00000007 00000000)

Now this gives as I understand DVI DVI (no signal to the VGA port at all) and that�s why I had no dual displays since I only have VGA monitors and have to use a DVI VGA converter on my DVI port to be able to use two VGA monitors.

Next step if you want your DVI port as your first instead and VGA as your second you change from A to B in this line:

<string>NVDA,Display-B</string> (the original line said A here)

and to A in this:

<string>NVDA,Display-A</string> (used to say B here)

You find these a few lines before the NVCAP string

Then I saved it, in this way I created a new Nvinject.kext with a new info.plist. Then I deleted the original NVinject.kext in the System/Library/Extensions folder and replaced it with the new Nvinject.kext I saved to the desktop. To do this I used kexthelper.

I deleted the com.apple.kext.info file in the Caches folder (System/Library/Extension/Caches).

Seems you have to do this before you reboot to make the system aware of you have made changes. Then I repaird permissions with diskutility rebooted and voila dual screen, so it was no big deal actually but it took me days to find the info.

If it works to upload files here this time (had some problem with that before) you hopefully can use this Nvinject kext at least if you have the GA Geforce 7300 gs 256 mb video card and you�re running retail Leo 10.5.3. Maby on other stuff to but I don�t now. On my gear it gives me QE to so good luck guys.

I changed display A B back to its original postion, seems to work even better when you use two 7300gs cards in the same hack

NVinject.kext.zip

:D Yeah I can see that, makes it a whole lot more difficult for a noob to fix it though if we should go through that hex stuff to get the videocard working. You know I spend a whole day trying to figure out how the hell I could make the Hex stuff happend with no luck. The guides for a noob regarding this is midly spoken complecated. The fact is to make this kext work it´s not deeded at all just copy and past the letter code in there and you`re done.

Thanks anyway

Yeah that's why I left the "encrypted" data too, but for the state of the art we have to keep it under some readable form, because displaying a hex string in ASCII is not accurate and not informative about the actual NVCAP.

Yeah I know but sometimes I feel it gets a bit to technical for noobs here so for them to save time and get the stuff working at least those who have the same card as I I thought it was a quick fix. Gonna try it on my old hack the Asus P4 P800se with a PNY Gforce 6200 AGP 8x 256 mb videocard and see if it works on that one to. I´ll be back in a sec.

Yep it worked on this one to so this gives the NVCAP edit by changing just the "letter" string I did on this Nvinject.kext works on both the Gigabyte Geforce PCIe 7300gs 256 mb and the PNY Geforce 6200 AGP 8x 256 mb video cards.

So to me it seems theese two cards can´t be the only ones that´ll work with QE and dual displays using this kext.

In fact I´m typing this from the P4 P800se mobo, 3 Ghz P4 CPU, PNY AGP 6200 8x 256 mb videocard based hack.

Just remember the last two things you do is to clear the caches folder (just the com.apple.kext.info file that´s it not the Caches folder itself) and then repair permissions in the diskutility and then you reboot.

If anything´s unclear how you go about to change the NVCAP string in the info.plist just let me know before you try it out and I´ll try to rewrite my info so it becomes more clear on how to do it.

OK it´s late or early morning over here got to go take care guys.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Well, after days of trying to get both QE/CI and dual monitors going this finally did the trick.

Thanks starobrno for alerting us to it. This thread really should get linked to the NVCAP sticky thread. It will save people hours of failed attempts.

This is on an iATKOS 4.1i install. Everything is working very nicely now on my DS3-P with GB 7300 GT (256MB) Hack!

Cheers.

Bill.

• 3 weeks later...
I edited the first post with some info for those who wants DVI as first display and VGA as second.

Hi i just bought a pny geforce 6200 on ebay.

Will your kext work on my 10.5.5 leo ?????

I have pentium 4 mb with 800fsb also my monitor is vga attachment .

previous card ati radeon 9250 no qe that s why I bought geforce

Thanks in davance

Hi i just bought a pny geforce 6200 on ebay.

Will your kext work on my 10.5.5 leo ?????

I have pentium 4 mb with 800fsb also my monitor is vga attachment .

previous card ati radeon 9250 no qe that s why I bought geforce

Thanks in davance

ummm if you go http://wiki.osx86project.org and go HCL /Hardware Compatibility List/ ull find that bouth card u have /ATI and nVidia/ are "nonproblematic" solutions finded... also with links to how to.. mainly IM forums...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys I´m glad I could help you out. I´m no expert in this in any way so I´m really glad I was able to bring something back to this good community.

My latest discovery is in case you have a GA EP45-DS3 mobo and two of the 7300gs 512 mb PCIe videocards I have for some reason you have to set your bios in the M.I.T. Robust Graphics Booster to fast. When I set it to auto the computer does´nt boot up and with the turbo setting I get strange mouse lag on one of my displays, in my case the one I have connected to the first/top videocard.

• 2 months later...

Hello, my friend. We've talked about a year ago, and I'm glad to see you around and to see that your 7300GS is working with 10.5.6 .

I wanted to ask your advice .

Today i have updated my backup partition of Kalyway 10.5.2 to 10.5.7 with Ideneb Combo Updater, as Logic 9 requires for the 10.5.7 update. I rebooted with "ANV" boot option in order to start, all good, until I loaded my legit Waves plugins and saw that their Gui is missing - checked the graphic card properties and I saw that QE/CI is no longer supported after update. I have injected EFI strings with OSX Tools, the QE/CI is back, but I have no more dual screen... I have 2 VGA monitors, and only the one that is pluged into VGA slot of the 7300 is working, the other ( pluged into dvi-vga adapter ) shuts down just before the blue screen with password log on appears .

I tried to install the Ideneb Update Tool rev. 1, which have an option of " Nvidia ID ", in order to re-enable the QE/CI option, but it does not work.

Also, I tried to exchange the 60.000 to 0 in the nvinject.kext, it did not work either. Also downloaded & copied your provided kext into my extensions folder, deleted the cache, deleted the extensions.mkext , even switched the A with B into the plist of your provided kext, nothing seems to works.

So, for the moment , I only have to options : 10.5.7 with Logic 9, but without Waves Maserati, Api, SSL ( as they require QE), etc,which I am heavily relying on , but with dual screen,... or 10.5.2 without Logic 9, but with Qe and dual screen ... I guess you're feeling my pain.

I am really a noob into Hackintosh, but .. I don't understand : as long as in my back-up drive the same graphic card works perfectly with QE/CI and dual screen, aren't there some settings/kexts/plists that I could copy into my new fresh updated 10.5.7 version, so that I also could have dual screen with QE ?

Also, it would be heaven If I could get my second 7300Gs to work along and have 4 display, maybe adding some 2 touchscreen, as inhere :

After updating to 10.5.7, my graphic/displays info looks like that :

Chipset Model : G71 Geforce 7300 GS

Type:display

Bus : PCIe

PCIe Lanewidth: x16

Vram (total) : 128

Vendor : NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID : 0x01df

Revision Id : 0x00a1

At the Monitors , the Quartz Extreme Appears as "Not Supported" for both monitors.

p.S. : " Then I saved it, in this way I created a new Nvinject.kext with a new info.plist. Then I deleted the original NVinject.kext in the System/Library/Extensions folder and replaced it with the new Nvinject.kext I saved to the desktop. To do this I used kexthelpe" I guess that's the part where I get it wrong, as this error appears to me : http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=12789

I have uploaded my old 10.5.2 kext that works. Maybe some one could told me what am I doing wrong.

If anyone could give me some detailed info, for geting QE/CI enabled, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much in advance !

NVinject.kext.zip

• 2 weeks later...

I'm using a Gigabyte 8x AGP NV6200 turbo cache 256 MB display card which has only one TV out and one DVI port.

Have tried to follow your method to get it working at Acer Veriton 3600G desktop PC in vain.

My Hacintosh OS is Leo_10.5.6 which is functioning with ATI 9000 AGP card in software accelarated mode only (without hardware CI/QE).

My problem is everytime when I use the Gigabyte AGP card it always stop before login to graphics mode no matter which combination of NVinject.kext with or without AGPgart.kext.

I guess it's due to NVcap error.

Can you figure out how to edit for my Gigabyte card which has DVI and TV out ports only ?

Thanks a lot !

• 1 month later...

Hi. I am a total noob to OSX86. I have just got my sytem running with 10.5.6 IPC Install. My system is a Dell Dimension 5000 with a 915G chipset. I have a 7300GS PCI-express card sitting and would like to use it instead of the onboard graphics. Can I use your edited kext file or do I need to re-install the entire system and select a specific graphic chipset. If so which one would I use as I am clueless right now.

Hey guys sorry I did´nt see this before now.

jsl sorry can´t help you don´t know how to do it.

Willis1970 I´m not sure but probably you can without reinstalling. What you have to do if you want to try this kext is you have to copy and then delete the kext you have now for your onboard videocard. Better copy/back it up don´t just delete it you might need it if it does´nt work out with the Nvinject.kext I´ve uploaded (so you can go back to what you have now).

Install it using kexthelper.

You might also need to set your bios to not use the onboard video card.

You also have to clear caches in the extensions folder before you reboot.

I´m not sure how it works with onboard videocards and pcie in combination but if you´re lucky it could be maby both works so you can use two displays.

Good luck

I bit the bullet and re-installed from scratch. I used the same settings as my previous install but instead of using the intel chipset I used the nvidia with 256VRAM. I now have a system that is running but not with all the videocard options available.

How do I find out the following hex codes, what tool / command gives this info?

Vram (total) : 256

Vendor :

Device ID :

Revision Id :

I hope that once I can find my own video card stats I can modify the kext fle as explained earlier.

• 7 months later...

Edit:

It also works on my new EP45-DS3 mobo running 10.5.6 with two PCIe noname 7300gs 512 mb videocards, and with the osx86 tools you can enable Quartz GL. Check out my last post regarding bios settings for this mobo.

I�ve got a GA Geforce 7300 gs 256 mb and I�m running Retail 10.5.3 installed using the sticky for GA P35 mobos. I have the GA P35-DS3R mobo and the q6600 cpu and 8 gig memory. I also tried this kext on my old Asus P4P800se P43Ghz Cpu hack with a PNY Gforce 6200 AGP 8x 256mb videocard and it works for this card to.

I found the NVCAP string that works for dual displays VGA DVI and copied and pasted it in to the info.plist of a Nvinject from one of the 10.5.3 guides I found here in an updatepackage from Mysticus C. Now I can have dual displays when I work in Logic Pro 8. Don�t know about mirror though dont use it.

All I did was download this Nvinject.kext to my desktop and made a copy of it. It�s allways good to work on a copy to keep the original as a backup (you should also make a backup/copy of the kext your going to replace with this one just in case things mess up). Then to get to the info.plist I rightklicked on the kext then hit the show package content to open the Content folder. In the Content folder I rightklicked on the info.plist and open it with texteditor. In texteditor I located and edited the NVCAP value/long line of letters to:

(It�s the letter code you replace, the line under that says "Real NVCAP" is only educational info for thoose who wan to dig deep in to this.)

<key>NVCAP</key>

<data>

BAAAAAAAAQAGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=

(Real NVCAP : 04000000 00000100 06000000 00000000 00000000)

I believe this gives VGA DVI.

This is what it said before:

BAAAAAAAAwAMAAAAAAAABwAAAAA=

(Real NVCAP : 04000000 00000300 0c000000 00000007 00000000)

Now this gives as I understand DVI DVI (no signal to the VGA port at all) and that�s why I had no dual displays since I only have VGA monitors and have to use a DVI VGA converter on my DVI port to be able to use two VGA monitors.

Next step if you want your DVI port as your first instead and VGA as your second you change from A to B in this line:

<string>NVDA,Display-B</string> (the original line said A here)

and to A in this:

<string>NVDA,Display-A</string> (used to say B here)

You find these a few lines before the NVCAP string

Then I saved it, in this way I created a new Nvinject.kext with a new info.plist. Then I deleted the original NVinject.kext in the System/Library/Extensions folder and replaced it with the new Nvinject.kext I saved to the desktop. To do this I used kexthelper.

I deleted the com.apple.kext.info file in the Caches folder (System/Library/Extension/Caches).

Seems you have to do this before you reboot to make the system aware of you have made changes. Then I repaird permissions with diskutility rebooted and voila dual screen, so it was no big deal actually but it took me days to find the info.

If it works to upload files here this time (had some problem with that before) you hopefully can use this Nvinject kext at least if you have the GA Geforce 7300 gs 256 mb video card and you�re running retail Leo 10.5.3. Maby on other stuff to but I don�t now. On my gear it gives me QE to so good luck guys.

I changed display A B back to its original postion, seems to work even better when you use two 7300gs cards in the same hack

NVIDIA 6200, 128 MB, FULL SUPPORT QE/CI

THANK YOU SO MUCH!:)

First i installed NVinstaller v41 then i downloaded your attatchement and finally my 6200 working like a charm! Im so happy:)

My specs:

osx86 leopard 10.5.7 iatkos

Asus mb

Nvidia 6200, 128 mb, AGP

That´s cool glad I could help, that card is pretty ok I still use it in my Jukebox computer. I´m all in to broadcasting web tv these days so I had to blow the dust of my old gear put it back to use. It´s sitting in my old P4 rig Asus P4 P800 se mobo which I use as jukebox. I´m playing back the music from it (even record online in Logic) and route the sound over to my broadcast computer and away up to the internet it goes, really cool.

• 3 years later...