[Guide & Software] A Recipe for Delicious Leopard Soup - Now with Vanilla Flavor!

weaksauce12

1,893 posts in this topic

Random question my friends,

So everything seems to be working great and I'm dualbooting osx and win7, but when playing music in OSX, there is a brief skip that happens randomly every couple minutes. Now I heard of linux users having this problem commonly due to the sound architecture or something of the like. Is this a similar problem, or is there no chance and I have an underlying issue?

Many thanks in advance.

I'm also trying Snow Leopard on my GA-P35-DS3L , following the guide that I found for a similar model on the forum. It should be stable after all the fixes suggested, but I've it on a second HD, just in case...

Used Chameleon, kexts for SL (/Extra), netkas' "boot", patched DSDT and I found a VoodooHDA for Snow Leopard...

Testing it with a 3D application (rendering)... Actually I don't know what to say about performance, I have to compare the two systems.

Just to add that following various tutorials on the forum, patching the DSDT.aml and with the standard LegacyHDA kext the sound system works perfectly (also with autodetection of the headphone), unfortunately the front mic is not included in the kext (it works with voodoohda, but with it not all the jacks are working), I'm studying about it but I'm stalled (help highly appreciated..)

Frot PWR button in SL works for sleep with the standard hack in dstd. I need only the front mic jack working for the perfect hackintosh...

Yes, I'll probably update for Snow Leopard, but not on these forums. Everything looks good except Audio & Networking, which you can use with a USB sound card ($10) and a PCI Ethernet card ($10). If they can fix VoodooHDA so that the sound doesn't break on wake-from-sleep, and if they have a 64-bit version, then we'll have Onboard Audio, and if someone ports the R1000 driver to 64-bit, then we'll have Networking.

I don't think I'll be posting any more Guides here on Insanely for a few reasons:

1. Keeping an entire guide in a single post is just too much to read, without the ability to have hyperlinks within the thread itself.

2. It's too hard to edit when I want to make updates because it's so huge.

3. It doesn't make much sense for me to cut-and-paste 9 entire sections from my Wiki into a single post here.

I'm pretty thorough with my guides and try to cover all the bases, so the Wiki approach makes more sense for me. I would post my guides on the OSx86 Wiki, but it's broken or slow half the time - very frustrating to deal with. I wrote out an entire Walkthrough in my UD3P thread especially for InsanelyMac, then linked to the detailed sections of my Wiki for more info, but apparently that didn't fall within the guidelines for Guides on this board. Since I don't run these forums, I'll respectfully adhere to their rules for posting guides. When I figure out where I'll be posting in the future, I'll post a note on my blog. Nothing against the Genius Bar here, it just doesn't fit my style of writing - too much information in my guides to fit in a single post! :)

If you hit a key when PC_EFI v9 boots, you can see your hard drives and choose which to boot from. Chameleon 2.0 lets you have a GUI to select drives from, but is currently in beta and is a bit buggy. When it comes out of beta, I'll update my guides. It's a really neat bootloader!

I tried to e-mail you. Your inbox was full, exploded or something. ;)

I have done two hackintosh installs now. I am a newbie. Actually, I'm a lucky newbie. My first was a Dell Mini 9 using the well documented DELLEFI 10.5.7. Everything worked so well on the 9, with a different logo it could pass for Apple equipment.

My second install I chose EP45-UD3P. As you know, getting accurate install information is pretty tough. It's an onslaught out there, hit and miss. You hope to find someone that has done a successful install. The headache is that so many claim success in the first sentence, and then go on to list things that don't work or are still being worked on in the next sentence.

I tried a few methods with the UD3P, success, but things that need fixing. I was going to try IPC next. I saw references to your UD3P kit, but couldn't get to it on a passworded site. I had assembled all the goodies to do the IPC method, but downloaded your UD3P kit on Mediafire, curiosity. I opened the RTF file and read it. I thought, this is longer, but this looks good, this is precise, no messing around, how long would it take to find out. I knew the IPC method was going to be trial and error.

As I assembled the goods for your method, I thought geez, this guy thought of every freaking thing and included it. This guy could not be human. I thought you should know. The level of success was beyond your caveats. You referenced more detailed information, which btw is passworded and unreachable, and btw I didn't really need because your RTF is so very good. I had to laugh. It even told me where to put the audio jack.

I didn't chicken out on the audio and lan. I went for full install. You said audio would slow on startup, and lan would lag on wakeup from sleep, maybe 20 seconds. Okay, let's see how slow. I think you said no speedstep yet. I have a Rev 1.6 board, FB version bios. All sound except digital support works, no popping, no slow start. No lan delay at all on wake from sleep. Speedstep, I think, works, fan races on boot, system is inaudible as soon as OSX loads, fans on idle, system dead to the world on sleep, wakes on one mouse click, fan races 3 seconds, back to inaudible, system is where it left off. I don't know if speedstep is supposed to do anything else. Oh, yeah, CPU is E5200.

You included the universal installer, so I chose custom option for my XFX 9600GT, works great, all resolutions. I ran the screensaver fix you provided, and screensaver works great. Screensaver didn't work on previous methods tried. Had to use usb sound before, which popped on startup, annoying. Previous methods had 20 second lan delay on wake, so I know what that's like, and I don't have that.

So, I tried things that never worked before, VLC, Frontrow, Netflix, now beautiful. Gone on to try Time Machine, VMware, installing W7 on it, Ilife, MSOffice. I see my HTPC Vista, and my XP laptop on the network just fine and can access files on them, so I guess Bonjour is working.

Either you are very modest, or you are way cooler than even you knew. I thought you might want to be informed. Until higher level OSX can run this smooth and stable, there is not enough difference to upgrade. I can wait for your Snow Leopard UD3P kit.

I find this curious. Lifehacker publishes an SL install method, specs a EP45-UD3P system, says it runs better than Macs he's owned, says he owes this success to you and a few others. I see threads, but know one is showing success using his method. It should be a slam dunk. What threads show is that they try his method and veer off with various modifications, marginal success. What is up with that?

It seems to me that the only reason Lifehacker is publishing SL technique on EP45-UD3P is that someone(s), such as you, have already done it, on that specific laundry list of equipment, and with a high degree of success. A $300 cpu? A 9800 GTX? Smacks of someone with higher performance demands. What is up with this?

I want the truth. I know...you can't handle the truth. Is your current EP45-UD3P Snow Leopard build as solid as Lifehacker claims? I can wait if it's not ready for prime time. Quite frankly, as good as my current build runs, I can wait until Apple is onto some other cat, or gone on to lizards, or something.

On the other hand, if you have a build as good as Lifehacker claims, can't you just update your UD3P kit and stop all the sweat and bloodshed going on out there?

Thanks for being,

Insanisst

if I could ask about installing a nVidia GTS 250 to replace my Zotac 7300GT (which has worked flawlessly but is now showing it's age).

I've read through most of the nvidia threads in hardware but as a noob that followed Weaksauces guide including all the hardware from day 1, i'm having the hardest time figuring out exactly what it is I need to do.

I haven't bought the card yet because i'm quite frankly very intimidated.

Would anyone have any step by step instructions on how I can get one up and running?

Just to add that following various tutorials on the forum, patching the DSDT.aml and with the standard LegacyHDA kext the sound system works perfectly (also with autodetection of the headphone), unfortunately the front mic is not included in the kext (it works with voodoohda, but with it not all the jacks are working), I'm studying about it but I'm stalled (help highly appreciated..)

Frot PWR button in SL works for sleep with the standard hack in dstd. I need only the front mic jack working for the perfect hackintosh...

Does digital out work for you?

Had to reinstall the OS and now I have my GTS 250 up and running fine.

In the process, i loaded up the 10.5.8 combo and everything works fine except sleep.

Anyone that upgraded figure out how to enable sleep?

I know others have removed the appleintelpowermanagent.kext and others have rolled back to the 10.5.7 mach kernel but if anyone's has any insight on the best solution for our mobo, please share.

Had to reinstall the OS and now I have my GTS 250 up and running fine.

In the process, i loaded up the 10.5.8 combo and everything works fine except sleep.

Anyone that upgraded figure out how to enable sleep?

I know others have removed the appleintelpowermanagent.kext and others have rolled back to the 10.5.7 mach kernel but if anyone's has any insight on the best solution for our mobo, please share.

Yeah, you just need to add SleepEnabler.kext for 10.5.8:

http://bit.ly/eki7D

I'll have a new guide out sometime this month. A Snow Leo guide is in the works, but I'm waiting for the software to get less buggy (Chameleon, R1000, etc.) before doing a full-on guide. Adam Pash on Lifehacker has a couple good ones for the UD3P already.

Yeah, you just need to add SleepEnabler.kext for 10.5.8:

http://bit.ly/eki7D

I'll have a new guide out sometime this month. A Snow Leo guide is in the works, but I'm waiting for the software to get less buggy (Chameleon, R1000, etc.) before doing a full-on guide. Adam Pash on Lifehacker has a couple good ones for the UD3P already.

Thanks Weaksauce... it's always good to hear from you!

Thanks Weaksauce... it's always good to hear from you!

I've got a ton of writing left to do on the Wiki, so I'll post a link ASAP when I'm ready to roll. I'm also thinking about releasing a base DSDT for both Leopard & Snow Leopard to fix various problems (like audio on the UD3P in .8, and CMOS Reset, of course, for Snow).

A little off-topic, but for $70 you can add Multi-Touch to your Hackintosh:

http://www.engadget.com/2009/09/16/wacom-b...nboxed-on-vid/2

Quick vid with Illustrator CS4:

I just picked up a Wacom Bamboo Touch, it's basically like an Intuos tablet but without the pen. Think of it as a Macbook Pro touchpad, for your desktop. It supports 2-finger scrolling, tap-to-click, 2-finger tap-for-right-click, and so on. Pretty nifty. The software isn't very powerful, but it's a great navigation tool both in Safari and in Adobe products. In Photoshop, you can Zoom/Move/Rotate; in Illustrator you can Zoom/Move, and in Painter you can Zoom. Would like to see some more programming functionality, but it's a pretty tight way to get around in your apps a bit easier, and make your Hack a bit more Mac-like :P

I've got a ton of writing left to do on the Wiki, so I'll post a link ASAP when I'm ready to roll. I'm also thinking about releasing a base DSDT for both Leopard & Snow Leopard to fix various problems (like audio on the UD3P in .8, and CMOS Reset, of course, for Snow).

A little off-topic, but for $70 you can add Multi-Touch to your Hackintosh:

http://www.engadget.com/2009/09/16/wacom-b...nboxed-on-vid/2

Quick vid with Illustrator CS4:

I just picked up a Wacom Bamboo Touch, it's basically like an Intuos tablet but without the pen. Think of it as a Macbook Pro touchpad, for your desktop. It supports 2-finger scrolling, tap-to-click, 2-finger tap-for-right-click, and so on. Pretty nifty. The software isn't very powerful, but it's a great navigation tool both in Safari and in Adobe products. In Photoshop, you can Zoom/Move/Rotate; in Illustrator you can Zoom/Move, and in Painter you can Zoom. Would like to see some more programming functionality, but it's a pretty tight way to get around in your apps a bit easier, and make your Hack a bit more Mac-like :)

What motherboards are you actively working on? EP45-UD3P for sure. G31M-ES2L? I ask because so many boards on Wiki aren't really being marketed anymore. You'd have to go to Jaba The Hutt to get one. I don't think you would have much time for one of those. You sound pretty busy.

What motherboards are in your personal hackintoshes? Hopefully you aren't so busy working on everyone else's stuff.

What motherboards are you actively working on? EP45-UD3P for sure. G31M-ES2L? I ask because so many boards on Wiki aren't really being marketed anymore. You'd have to go to Jaba The Hutt to get one.

I would ask the guiding lights in this forum - and weaksauce12 is right up there - to remember that many of us are running on MBs that came out 12 or even 18 months ago and rely on his contributions and advice. I'd wager that there are more folks using P35 and early P45 MBs than anything released in the past 3 months. We cannot afford to upgrade to every new Gigabyte product. That said, I certainly understand that weaksauce12 will eventually move on and let go of older hardware. Hopefully someone else will step up to continue to support those systems. That cooperative spirit has gotten this community very far.

I would ask the guiding lights in this forum - and weaksauce12 is right up there - to remember that many of us are running on MBs that came out 12 or even 18 months ago and rely on his contributions and advice. I'd wager that there are more folks using P35 and early P45 MBs than anything released in the past 3 months. We cannot afford to upgrade to every new Gigabyte product. That said, I certainly understand that weaksauce12 will eventually move on and let go of older hardware. Hopefully someone else will step up to continue to support those systems. That cooperative spirit has gotten this community very far.

Wow, Weaksauce12, I don't envy you. What would Jesus do? I can understand the plea. I recall someone saying, no, please don't cut the P35 off. It's a good board.

Problem is you are not an alien, the phantom, or Jesus. I believe that the more hackintoshing is an economic factor in the personal computing world, the easier it will be for all of us. I agree, and I'm not saying this to stroke your ass, you are one of the powers that be here, but IMO you have got to get economic bang for the time spent. Don't worry folks, I'm not saying drop these P35 P45 folks in the grease. I think when you come up with a kit like your UD3P, I don't know how many others you've done, dude, you have got to publish. I know you have. No, I mean on the order of like what they did with Dell Mini 9.

Somebody like Lifehacker write an article that says this works great, this is basically what you do, but go over to Weaksauce's website where son of a gun, there is your kit(s). And some know nothing like me does it, and says damn that works, and then I go tell all my friends. And what do you know, Gigabyte makes a ton of money. Then they say, we need to make this next bios nice, very nice. Then Asus whines and says we need more of that. Then Apple {censored} to Intel, and Intel says we didn't do it.

No, Lifehacker didn't already do it. Have you seen anybody run a thread saying damn, Lifehacker's stuff works. Yeah, your stuff works, that's why you get people whining, please....please...don't leave us. Another thing, IMO, there is no reason to spec the example system at $900. Even the low end system at half that cost kicks Apple boody. Some idiot out there is going to say that costs more than a Apple Mini. You know that's BS, but they don't.

I do think you should throw 10.5.8 under the bus. Do you really have time to do every revision. We're already on 10.6.1. 10.5.6 works perfect. How different is 10.5.6 compared to 10.5.8 and if you get any kind of 10.6 kit out, does anyone care about 10.5.8 anymore.

I apologize if I offended you. I love you, man, get over it.

Wow, Weaksauce12, I don't envy you. What would Jesus do? I can understand the plea. I recall someone saying, no, please don't cut the P35 off. It's a good board.

Problem is you are not an alien, the phantom, or Jesus. I believe that the more hackintoshing is an economic factor in the personal computing world, the easier it will be for all of us. I agree, and I'm not saying this to stroke your ass, you are one of the powers that be here, but IMO you have got to get economic bang for the time spent. Don't worry folks, I'm not saying drop these P35 P45 folks in the grease. I think when you come up with a kit like your UD3P, I don't know how many others you've done, dude, you have got to publish. I know you have. No, I mean on the order of like what they did with Dell Mini 9.

Somebody like Lifehacker write an article that says this works great, this is basically what you do, but go over to Weaksauce's website where son of a gun, there is your kit(s). And some know nothing like me does it, and says damn that works, and then I go tell all my friends. And what do you know, Gigabyte makes a ton of money. Then they say, we need to make this next bios nice, very nice. Then Asus whines and says we need more of that. Then Apple {censored} to Intel, and Intel says we didn't do it.

No, Lifehacker didn't already do it. Have you seen anybody run a thread saying damn, Lifehacker's stuff works. Yeah, your stuff works, that's why you get people whining, please....please...don't leave us. Another thing, IMO, there is no reason to spec the example system at $900. Even the low end system at half that cost kicks Apple boody. Some idiot out there is going to say that costs more than a Apple Mini. You know that's BS, but they don't.

I do think you should throw 10.5.8 under the bus. Do you really have time to do every revision. We're already on 10.6.1. 10.5.6 works perfect. How different is 10.5.6 compared to 10.5.8 and if you get any kind of 10.6 kit out, does anyone care about 10.5.8 anymore.

I apologize if I offended you. I love you, man, get over it.

:( i'm confused

What motherboards are you actively working on? EP45-UD3P for sure. G31M-ES2L? I ask because so many boards on Wiki aren't really being marketed anymore. You'd have to go to Jaba The Hutt to get one. I don't think you would have much time for one of those. You sound pretty busy.

What motherboards are in your personal hackintoshes? Hopefully you aren't so busy working on everyone else's stuff.

I have 3 boards:

Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P (my system)

Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L (my wife's system)

Gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2L (my media center)

A lot of people ask me about doing other boards, but I'm limited by usage & financial constraints - I don't really need more than one personal computer, and being a poor, starving student, I'm not really in a position to be spending $1,000 on hardware upgrades every few months when new parts come out :P (although those Core i7 systems sure are tempting! haha). Plus, it's really hard to help someone setup their board remotely (a model I don't have, I mean) because you have to do so much rebooting & testing - remember when the EP35-DS3L came out, and we spent months trying to figure out why it didn't work, and it turned out all it needed was a BIOS upgrade? Oye! lol.

As far as the current status of the guides goes:

1. I'll be releasing a 10.5.8 guide for the UD3P, DS3L, and ES2L this month. I'm personally still on Leopard, and I have to say that 10.5.8 is the most stable and easiest Hackintosh install I've ever done. I love it. I usually don't keep up with point updates on my main drive (I like my Hack to work 100% and all my programs to function, since this is my main comp), but I did for this one because it's so good.

2. Yes, I am tinkering with Snow Leopard, but I'm not releasing a guide yet because it's still buggy. Snow itself is a tad buggy, Chameleon RC3 has some quirks, and there are some driver problems I'm waiting on to be fixed. Lifehacker has a great guide for the UD3P, and if you read up on DSDT, you can mod it pretty easily for the other boards. I get an overwhelming amount of questions emailed/twittered/PM'd to me if things don't work 100%, people asking why it worked even though I put why it doesn't work in the guide, so it's easier for me just to release a fully-working kit nowadays than not. Ah, the price of fame :) haha.

3. I'm not very regular about updates. This is just a hobby for me. I've tried commiting myself to deadlines before, but real life gets in the way too much, so it's just kind of a "whenever I release an update" kind of thing. I still stay up with the newest updates on the scene, but that doesn't mean I release everything I find - I'm usually a point update or two behind because I like to keep things stable & working on my home machine :)

Hope that clears things up! Look for a 10.5.8 guide for all 3 boards sometime this month, and if you want to keep up with what I'm working on, just check my Twitter (see sig).

Well, to clarify my agenda: I basically want a stable, 100%-working Hackintosh machine. While to me that does mean keeping up with updates, that doesn't mean that I need to keep up on the bleeding edge, if the latest release isn't as fully functional as I'd like it to be. So while Snow Leopard is the latest & greatest, it also breaks many programs, isn't 100% stable, and doesn't have a 100%-solid Hackintosh driver set & bootloader yet, so in keeping with my personal agenda (which translates into my guides), it's not somthing that I would really release yet. I would love some help though, so if you'd like to come out with a Snow Leopard guide, that'd be fabulous & highly appreciated :)

I have 3 boards:

Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P (my system)

Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L (my wife's system)

Gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2L (my media center)

A lot of people ask me about doing other boards, but I'm limited by usage & financial constraints - I don't really need more than one personal computer, and being a poor, starving student, I'm not really in a position to be spending $1,000 on hardware upgrades every few months when new parts come out :P (although those Core i7 systems sure are tempting! haha). Plus, it's really hard to help someone setup their board remotely (a model I don't have, I mean) because you have to do so much rebooting & testing - remember when the EP35-DS3L came out, and we spent months trying to figure out why it didn't work, and it turned out all it needed was a BIOS upgrade? Oye! lol.

As far as the current status of the guides goes:

1. I'll be releasing a 10.5.8 guide for the UD3P, DS3L, and ES2L this month. I'm personally still on Leopard, and I have to say that 10.5.8 is the most stable and easiest Hackintosh install I've ever done. I love it. I usually don't keep up with point updates on my main drive (I like my Hack to work 100% and all my programs to function, since this is my main comp), but I did for this one because it's so good.

2. Yes, I am tinkering with Snow Leopard, but I'm not releasing a guide yet because it's still buggy. Snow itself is a tad buggy, Chameleon RC3 has some quirks, and there are some driver problems I'm waiting on to be fixed. Lifehacker has a great guide for the UD3P, and if you read up on DSDT, you can mod it pretty easily for the other boards. I get an overwhelming amount of questions emailed/twittered/PM'd to me if things don't work 100%, people asking why it worked even though I put why it doesn't work in the guide, so it's easier for me just to release a fully-working kit nowadays than not. Ah, the price of fame ;) haha.

3. I'm not very regular about updates. This is just a hobby for me. I've tried commiting myself to deadlines before, but real life gets in the way too much, so it's just kind of a "whenever I release an update" kind of thing. I still stay up with the newest updates on the scene, but that doesn't mean I release everything I find - I'm usually a point update or two behind because I like to keep things stable & working on my home machine :)

Hope that clears things up! Look for a 10.5.8 guide for all 3 boards sometime this month, and if you want to keep up with what I'm working on, just check my Twitter (see sig).

Well, to clarify my agenda: I basically want a stable, 100%-working Hackintosh machine. While to me that does mean keeping up with updates, that doesn't mean that I need to keep up on the bleeding edge, if the latest release isn't as fully functional as I'd like it to be. So while Snow Leopard is the latest & greatest, it also breaks many programs, isn't 100% stable, and doesn't have a 100%-solid Hackintosh driver set & bootloader yet, so in keeping with my personal agenda (which translates into my guides), it's not somthing that I would really release yet. I would love some help though, so if you'd like to come out with a Snow Leopard guide, that'd be fabulous & highly appreciated :)

THANK YOU!!!! I appreciate you telling it like it is. It is so hard to figure out which end is up with all the confusing information being spewn out by so many. Hallelujah. You are so on track with your attitude and development work. The other hacks out there need to check you out.

Interesting what you said about P35 Bios. I suspect the mobo manufacturers out there can help or hurt the hackintosh effort. Gizmodo's article on Dell Mini 9 sold a ton of those for Dell. How many times has Dell discontinued Mini 9 this year? 3? I suspect that Gigabyte improved the Bios and board details in going from UD3P 1.0 to 1.6 and Bios F8 to FB. I ran your kit and get no LAN delay and no slow startup, and I think speedstep works. I didn't add a LAN card or USB sound.

It can work the other way too. You see people getting results on Gigabyte X58 boards, but not Intel X58 boards, a bit suspicious, I think. Could it be because Intel has agreements with Apple, but Gigabye doesn't? Also, some of the mobo's out there can unlock AMD cpu cores. More recent Biostar bios shut that feature off, sucking up to AMD, as they should. Asus has taken a more devil may care attitude.

So, the more people know about the boards you've listed, and the simpler the install, man it's hard for these mobo manufactures to turn away profits on a long running mobo. Can I get an amen from the P35 contingent? Dudes, your safe. His wife has P35.

Wouldn't it be nice if mobo's and bios were such that the next OSX revision didn't break the hack, you could just auto upgrade. I believe mobo manufactures can make it so if it is in their interest. It's already in Intel's interest, in Nvidia's interest, no problem from them on new revs.

PppPPPpppublish your kits, dude.

Oh yeah, before I forget, I was surprised to find that using your UD3P kit, HDMI video works. Audio needs a separate cable. Just the same, I have an XFX 9600GT 512MB, nothing special, dual dvi, I hooked up a Panasonic 50" and my 24" samsung monitor, works very well extended desktop. Mirroring did not work. I understand there are kexts for that, but I didn't pursue it because the way OSX handles it, extended desktop is perfect for my situation. I have my hackintosh in kitchen corner office, and the Panasonic in a home theater next room over. DVI/HDMI dongle, to HDMI cable, to Onkyo SR606, to Panasonic 50". When you show display preferences a box shows on each screen, tv and monitor. On either screen you can gather both preference windows to you, click button, where you can make the screen you are looking at the primary. If you watch a movie, say Netflix, it blanks the monitor in the kitchen automatically. Pretty slick, huh?

I was wondering about your micro atx G31M-ES2L. I don't think Apple really supports HDMI, at least not yet. Some of the video cards with HDMI on it route digital sound through a SPDIF cable from a mobo SPDIF out onboard. G31M-ES2L is funny in that it has digital sound, on board SPDIF, but no digital outs and not multichannel analog mini jacks. This may be a way to backdoor full HDMI, even though Apple doesn't support it. HDMI video works, if you have digital sound working on the G31M-ES2L, it should work.

Dress for success. Put your G31M-ES2L in this. If you publish I think Amazon should give it and the innerds to you free. One for your wife too. Oops, we just pissed off the P35 people.

Apple Mighty Mouse Kit by Apple Computer

$49.00 21 Used & New from $22.99

function reviewHistPingAjax() { jQuery.get("/gp/customer-reviews/common/du/recordHistoPopAjax.html", null); } function constructTriggerPrefix(asin){ return "reviewHistoPop" + '_' + asin; } function getContentDivId(triggerName){ var nameArray = new Array(); nameArray = triggerName.split('__'); return nameArray[1]; } var reviewHistPopoverConfig = { showOnHover:true, showCloseButton:false, width:null, location:'bottom', locationAlign:'right', clone:false, onShow: reviewHistPingAjax }; function jQueryInitHistoPopoversLazy(asin, triggerDivPrefix) { var remoteContentAddr = '/gp/customer-reviews/common/du/displayHistoPopAjax.html?ASIN=' + asin + '&link=1&seeall=1&ref=wl_it_o_cm_cr_acr_pop_'; if(triggerDivPrefix == null){ triggerDivPrefix = constructTriggerPrefix(asin); } amznJQ.onReady('popover', function(){ jQuery('a[name^= + triggerDivPrefix + ]').each(function(){ jQuery(this).removeAmazonPopoverTrigger(); var myConfig = jQuery.extend(true, {}, reviewHistPopoverConfig); myConfig.destination = remoteContentAddr; jQuery(this).amazonPopoverTrigger(myConfig); }); }); } jQueryInitHistoPopoversLazy('B000V1IFR8','reviewHistoPop_B000V1IFR8_105'); (78 customer reviews)

In Stock. Offered by Amazon.com.

Move to a new list

|

Apple Keyboard MB869LL/A by Apple Computer

$49.00 5 Used & New from $49.00

function reviewHistPingAjax() { jQuery.get("/gp/customer-reviews/common/du/recordHistoPopAjax.html", null); } function constructTriggerPrefix(asin){ return "reviewHistoPop" + '_' + asin; } function getContentDivId(triggerName){ var nameArray = new Array(); nameArray = triggerName.split('__'); return nameArray[1]; } var reviewHistPopoverConfig = { showOnHover:true, showCloseButton:false, width:null, location:'bottom', locationAlign:'right', clone:false, onShow: reviewHistPingAjax }; function jQueryInitHistoPopoversLazy(asin, triggerDivPrefix) { var remoteContentAddr = '/gp/customer-reviews/common/du/displayHistoPopAjax.html?ASIN=' + asin + '&link=1&seeall=1&ref=wl_it_o_cm_cr_acr_pop_'; if(triggerDivPrefix == null){ triggerDivPrefix = constructTriggerPrefix(asin); } amznJQ.onReady('popover', function(){ jQuery('a[name^= + triggerDivPrefix + ]').each(function(){ jQuery(this).removeAmazonPopoverTrigger(); var myConfig = jQuery.extend(true, {}, reviewHistPopoverConfig); myConfig.destination = remoteContentAddr; jQuery(this).amazonPopoverTrigger(myConfig); }); }); } jQueryInitHistoPopoversLazy('B001UH4VFW','reviewHistoPop_B001UH4VFW_1912'); (11 customer reviews) | 1 customer discussion

Move to a new list

|

HP 2159M 21.5-Inch HD LCD Monitor by Hewlett Packard

$263.00$191.29 17 Used & New from $191.29

function reviewHistPingAjax() { jQuery.get("/gp/customer-reviews/common/du/recordHistoPopAjax.html", null); } function constructTriggerPrefix(asin){ return "reviewHistoPop" + '_' + asin; } function getContentDivId(triggerName){ var nameArray = new Array(); nameArray = triggerName.split('__'); return nameArray[1]; } var reviewHistPopoverConfig = { showOnHover:true, showCloseButton:false, width:null, location:'bottom', locationAlign:'right', clone:false, onShow: reviewHistPingAjax }; function jQueryInitHistoPopoversLazy(asin, triggerDivPrefix) { var remoteContentAddr = '/gp/customer-reviews/common/du/displayHistoPopAjax.html?ASIN=' + asin + '&link=1&seeall=1&ref=wl_it_o_cm_cr_acr_pop_'; if(triggerDivPrefix == null){ triggerDivPrefix = constructTriggerPrefix(asin); } amznJQ.onReady('popover', function(){ jQuery('a[name^= + triggerDivPrefix + ]').each(function(){ jQuery(this).removeAmazonPopoverTrigger(); var myConfig = jQuery.extend(true, {}, reviewHistPopoverConfig); myConfig.destination = remoteContentAddr; jQuery(this).amazonPopoverTrigger(myConfig); }); }); } jQueryInitHistoPopoversLazy('B001UHOX2I','reviewHistoPop_B001UHOX2I_6499'); (17 customer reviews) | 2 customer discussions

Move to a new list

|

IN WIN MATRIX GAMING CASE by Inwin Development

$110.99 10 Used & New from $97.64

Move to a new list

|

Creative Labs I-Trigue 3300 2.1 Computer Speakers (3-Speaker, Black) by Creative Labs

function reviewHistPingAjax() { jQuery.get("/gp/customer-reviews/common/du/recordHistoPopAjax.html", null); } function constructTriggerPrefix(asin){ return "reviewHistoPop" + '_' + asin; } function getContentDivId(triggerName){ var nameArray = new Array(); nameArray = triggerName.split('__'); return nameArray[1]; } var reviewHistPopoverConfig = { showOnHover:true, showCloseButton:false, width:null, location:'bottom', locationAlign:'right', clone:false, onShow: reviewHistPingAjax }; function jQueryInitHistoPopoversLazy(asin, triggerDivPrefix) { var remoteContentAddr = '/gp/customer-reviews/common/du/displayHistoPopAjax.html?ASIN=' + asin + '&link=1&seeall=1&ref=wl_it_o_cm_cr_acr_pop_'; if(triggerDivPrefix == null){ triggerDivPrefix = constructTriggerPrefix(asin); } amznJQ.onReady('popover', function(){ jQuery('a[name^= + triggerDivPrefix + ]').each(function(){ jQuery(this).removeAmazonPopoverTrigger(); var myConfig = jQuery.extend(true, {}, reviewHistPopoverConfig); myConfig.destination = remoteContentAddr; jQuery(this).amazonPopoverTrigger(myConfig); }); }); } jQueryInitHistoPopoversLazy('B00007AKC1','reviewHistoPop_B00007AKC1_958'); <a href="http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Labs-I-Trigue-3300-3-Speaker/product-reviews/B00007AKC1/ref=wl_it_o_cm_cr_acr_img?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1"> (54 customer reviews)

Currently unavailable.

Currently unavailable

Oh yeah, before I forget, I was surprised to find that using your UD3P kit, HDMI video works. Audio needs a separate cable. Just the same, I have an XFX 9600GT 512MB, nothing special, dual dvi, I hooked up a Panasonic 50" and my 24" samsung monitor, works very well extended desktop. Mirroring did not work. I understand there are kexts for that, but I didn't pursue it because the way OSX handles it, extended desktop is perfect for my situation. I have my hackintosh in kitchen corner office, and the Panasonic in a home theater next room over. DVI/HDMI dongle, to HDMI cable, to Onkyo SR606, to Panasonic 50". When you show display preferences a box shows on each screen, tv and monitor. On either screen you can gather both preference windows to you, click button, where you can make the screen you are looking at the primary. If you watch a movie, say Netflix, it blanks the monitor in the kitchen automatically. Pretty slick, huh?

I was wondering about your micro atx G31M-ES2L. I don't think Apple really supports HDMI, at least not yet. Some of the video cards with HDMI on it route digital sound through a SPDIF cable from a mobo SPDIF out onboard. G31M-ES2L is funny in that it has digital sound, on board SPDIF, but no digital outs and not multichannel analog mini jacks. This may be a way to backdoor full HDMI, even though Apple doesn't support it. HDMI video works, if you have digital sound working on the G31M-ES2L, it should work.

HDMI is DVI, just with extra functionality for audio. An HDMI adapter should work on any card with DVI output, as far as video goes. Since real Macs don't support HDMI-Audio, it doesn't work on Hacks either. I've tried it, even with an SPDIF cable going directly into the inside of the jack, but it doesn't work - requires software. The G31M has SPDIF on pins, so you have to buy an adapter ($16 shipped on eBay), which plugs into the one of your spare card slots on the rear of your computer case. 5.1 output works fine. So you can get stereo 2.1 with analog, or digital 2.1/5.1 with the adapter (it does not come with the motherboard).

Also, they're now selling the G31M rev2.0, which does not have a compatible Ethernet jack. You'll need to get a PCI Ethernet card if you want to use Ethernet instead of Wireless.

Weaksauce12...

Great guides you have and I am waiting patiently for your 10.5.8 kit and guide.

However, I am trying to use Logic 9 and I need to get my system to 10.5.7 (it is at 10.5.6 right now.).

My question is if I follow your 10.5.6 instructions (and use the kit for that) and instead of doing the 10.5.6 combo updater that I simply just do the 10.5.7 combo updater instead from a clean install...any issues with that? I know I cannot do the 10.5.8 updater in its place from a clean install as I get KP's all over the place (already tried that.)

Thanks for your help! Thought I would ask before wiping my system clean.

...snip...

I know I cannot do the 10.5.8 updater in its place from a clean install as I get KP's all over the place (already tried that.)

Thanks for your help! Thought I would ask before wiping my system clean.

AppleHDA.kext is problematic (causes Kernel Panics) in 10.5.7 onwards. You can delete it in Single User Mode, and at least in 10.5.7, replace it with the one from 10.5.6...

Patrick