Big Time Rumor: Apple to Give PC Users the Green OS X Light

gazzanova

64 posts in this topic

Apple wouldn't just drop PPC support without a good reason

They have a good reason, it's called 64-bit. Snow Leopard is geared toward business users, something no PPC could ever do as well. You'll also see Apple taking longer between new versions.

They have a good reason, it's called 64-bit. Snow Leopard is geared toward business users, something no PPC could ever do as well. You'll also see Apple taking longer between new versions.

I'm pretty sure my G5 is 64-bit.

64-bit is probably not the reason.

As was pointed out, the G5s were 64 bit. In addition, the early Intel Core Duos were 32 bit. 

Snow Leopard is geared toward business users

No way, Snow Leopard is Apple's way of patching their current os and saying "we're sorry" for {censored} up Leopard in such stupid fields like completely fuxoring opengl on it. Go ahead and try any VBO related operation on a i.e 8800GT Mac Pro, VBOs are stupidly broken, osx 10.5 is NOT despite what apple says opengl 2.0 compliant (with all that means). And this is only a slight example of things that aren't working properly. Can I hear someone screaming samba out there? oh yes like a thousand servers.

No way, Snow Leopard is Apple's way of patching their current os

LOL. Take your meds. Your biases aside, it seems I'm not the only one who feels this way :(

Judging from initial accounts, the next version of the Mac OS X, named Snow Leopard, will be aimed squarely at business and enterprise users, signaling a formal push by Apple to take Windows head on outside the consumer and education markets. "Apple is taking the Mac OS one step closer to the enterprise," says Michael Gartenberg, an analyst at Jupiter Research. ~Macworld

6 year cycle,...

took them 6 years, to finally move to intel cpu's

take them 6 years, to maybe realease the osx for intel pc's

it's only over 6 billion people and growing , ...

and hardware is not where they make their profit, not even the little finger

need to give them a buzz, a couple ideas,... couple billions here, couple hunderd there,....

who cares, apple don't, maybe start buying up all the shares,.... then as shareholders, we'd get invited to meetings,....

bring lots of carrots,....

To run Mac Os X Leopard, you need a Mac. The hardware is how they make money, the Ipod, the Iphone, all hardware. Software side, Itunes.

LOL. Take your meds. Your biases aside, it seems I'm not the only one who feels this way ;)

Oh, you and some asshat have FEELINGS about something, while i'm giving you facts straight from people coding on osx, wow.

Do you think apple are pulling a whole new revision of their os in less than year because of a "bussiness approach" LOL yeah

I'll take my meds while you go `feeling` away :)