Can't see text in menu's

Styxie

16 posts in this topic

I finally got QE/CI working on my AGP GeForce 7600GS 256MB, but now I can't see the text in menu's. It just shows the translucent border, but no text. Only when I close the menu, I can see whats in the menu. Also, when I move my mouse over the translucent menu, some black spots appear, usually near the top. I really have to guess where I'm clicking, so some help would be appreciated.

I installed my GPU using this guide: http://forum.osx86scene.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2297

SPECS:

Zephyroth 10.5.2

AMD 3200+

ASUS A8V-MX (K8M800)

1 GB 400 MHz DDR RAM

ASUS GeForce 7600 GS Silent

IDE 60GB Western Digital HDD

Is there not another fix? I'm kinda scared of upgrading to 10.5.3 (I'm now using 10.5.2). I'm been trying to get OSX to work for over week now, and I've finally managed to get it to work properly (except for this error).

Also, the error seems to have changed a bit. It now displays fully black menu, whitout text or anything. Here's a screenshot:

picture1mp6.th.png

@ styxie -- i have the same problem.. everything is fine (with menues but not with resolution :))until i install NVinstaller..when i boot up again after installation menues are white(though i did not experiance the "black" menues problem)..i can see inside of them for jus a second when they are closing..

i'm a mac noob so please post how did you disabled QE and if you have any luck in resolving this problem complete.. --> bad english, sorry :)

my specs are

Gigabyte P35-DS3L

Q6600 - go steppin @ 3Ghz

2 Gb of RAM

Point of view - Geforce 9600 GSO (it's same as 8800 gs)

i thought that the GPU is the problem cause of odd memory - 384 RAM, and 192 bit interface but now i see you have the sam problem on "more standard" GPU. and it is not AGP or PCI-E only problem..hope we will sort this out!

if i find something ill post it here for shure! :D

Here is my report.

I can't describe how white menus appeared.

At the beginning I had GF8600 MSI 256Mb, and EVERYTHING was ok.

Then I've bought new Gigabyte 9600GSO and simply switched the cards. As a result white menus appeared. Then I tried to add my ID, but problem was not solved. Then I tried to delete NVInject, but my PC couldn't start at all givin me kernel panic.

I've installed fresh Kalyway 10.5.2 without VGA drivers. Then tried to install Graphics Update but no luck. Then I've installed 10.5.3 Combo Update (BTW Shutdown doesn't work again) and redolution changed and was fine but no QE/CI. Then I installed NVInstaller 5.1 beta with 256Mb Vanilla config and IT HELPED!

Now EVERYTHING works JUST FINE!

found this here on forums!

I'm having this exact same issue with a 10.5.2 (iAtkos v2.0i) installation on my new Acer 6920G laptop. It's got a GeForce 9500M GS, so I tried NVinstaller v.41 to get display card support. Everything seemed to be great, with full native resolution of 1366x768 (it's got a 16" screen :D ), but no text in the menus! :D

Anyone solve this yet?