Divide into two discs?

djet

14 posts in this topic

Ummm my DVD that I'm using to burn has only 4.7 gb available. Is there a way to divide the .cdr file into two separate files so I can burn it onto 2 separate discs?

in fact i searched hard to you but i didn't find what i searched for that was single Layer Squeeze Leopard 10.5 Dual Layer,Somthing like this an di'm sorry to can't help you but you can use Dual Layer DVD why not?.

Best Wishes,

Khaled

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
im not sure if this is going to work but i opened the dmg into toast and am burning to 11 cd-r's was this dumb of me?
No, this won't work...

You need to reduce the size of the DMG with the method to squeeze Leopard onto one SL-DVD. Removing Languages + Printers etc. There's a guide on the forum, I'm too lazy to find it now for you - just search & you'll find it :D

Another solution is to install straight from the .dmg onto another partition using Pacifist from Leopard - then dual-boot Snow Leopard + Leopard.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
No, this won't work...

You need to reduce the size of the DMG with the method to squeeze Leopard onto one SL-DVD. Removing Languages + Printers etc. There's a guide on the forum, I'm too lazy to find it now for you - just search & you'll find it :wacko:

Another solution is to install straight from the .dmg onto another partition using Pacifist from Leopard - then dual-boot Snow Leopard + Leopard.

So that's how they shrink the Leopard images to fit on single-layer DVD-Rs.

I tried the shrinking tutorials myself, both with using disk utility to make r/w images and delete files, and with carboncopycloner to exclude some things, both methods made disks that looked fine but wouldn't boot for me (MBP early 08). I ended up getting a successful install by simply expanding the dmg onto a usb drive (actually I made a separate partition on a usb drive I usually use for timemachine) and booting off that, worked a treat and seemed much faster than a dvd to install from.

Andrew