time difference with dual boot

B612

31 posts in this topic

The post you mentioned is not a "real" solution, basiclly set mac to wrong timeregion to make it "same"
Since I only cared that it gave the right time, it's real enough for me, except for some particular consequences mentionned in the second thread I linked in my previous post. Did you check post #5 by Dax in that discussion? Apparently there's an utility (from bootcamp, not efi-based) that corrects the problem. I haven't tried it yet.

Since I only cared that it gave the right time, it's real enough for me, except for some particular consequences mentionned in the second thread I linked in my previous post. Did you check post #5 by Dax in that discussion? Apparently there's an utility (from bootcamp, not efi-based) that corrects the problem. I haven't tried it yet.

Just FYI

I tried to copy the appletime.exe from bootcamp to my startup item and it only able to sync time at startup but after a hour , the time is changed again!!!

Now I am using the method in wiki to set osx to use local time

• 3 months later...

I've tried the various ways mentioned in this and other threads to get Windows and OS X clocks to sync. I wasn't able to get the "w32tm.exe" method to work with Vista because I was getting "Access Denied" errors, and the registry edit method kept reverting back to the old time after a while.

After searching for ways to resync the time at boot-up I found a free windows program from greyware.com that works great. It is Windows Time Agent "w32tmdt.exe", which is the freeware version of Domain Time II. It resyncs time with NTP servers and is configurable to periodically resync, if the time difference is more than 2 seconds. The program runs as a Windows service, and is a Control Panel Applet. So far it has been working great.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes there still is a timesync issue in Leopard :rolleyes:

I tried the batch file, didn't work. What did work for me (at least for now) is the AppleTime.exe file. What you do:

* Download the AppleTime exe here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...st&id=10788

* Save/copy this AppleTime.exe file to the root of the C: drive

* Open Regedit (start >> run >> regedit >> OK)

* Navigate to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE >> SOFTWARE >> Microsoft >> Windows >> CurrentVersion >> Run

* Right click and New >> String value

* Enter "appletime" as the string value name

* Right click the newly created appletime string value and click Modify:

* Enter in the box (with quotes):

"C:\AppleTime.exe"

* Click OK and exit the registry editor

* The issue should be fixed now, worked for me

The explanation behind the whole regedit thing: If you put the AppleTime program in the Startup folder of the start menu, it will load last after all the auto loaders. If you put it in as a registry key (and one starting with "a" at that), it will be one of the first to load, making the time change more instantaneous.

THIS is the only consistent workaround i found for this problem (if your osx has no internet).

the windows registry edit is just unreliable. makes windows clock acting weird after a few hours.

read more about it in this old thread