ALC662 No Sound with taruga's patch

ziddiri

62 posts in this topic

Hi,

I couldn't find any solution for realtek alc662. I found two version of alc662.txt and I tried them with AppleHDAPatcher 1.20. After the installation, the speaker icon appears near the clock. But I can't change volume. Also there is no sound. The system profiler still displays 'No builtin audio'. I tried AzaliaAudio, too. But nothing changed. In sound preferences, there is two output device, lineout and digitalout. Can someone give a solution for alc662? I searched everwhere. But couldn't any solution yet.

Edit: Also, my motherboard is asus m2a-mx. There is a linux driver in the asus site for this motherboard. I don't know if this is handy.

Thanks.

I finally found where the problem is. If I plug the speaker to front panel, I can't hear anything. But if I plug the speaker to rear panel, I can hear but not volume control... I don't know how can I fix this. Any suggestions?

Hi,

I couldn't find any solution for realtek alc662. I found two version of alc662.txt and I tried them with AppleHDAPatcher 1.20. After the installation, the speaker icon appears near the clock. But I can't change volume. Also there is no sound. The system profiler still displays 'No builtin audio'. I tried AzaliaAudio, too. But nothing changed. In sound preferences, there is two output device, lineout and digitalout. Can someone give a solution for alc662? I searched everwhere. But couldn't any solution yet.

Edit: Also, my motherboard is asus m2a-mx. There is a linux driver in the asus site for this motherboard. I don't know if this is handy.

Thanks.

I finally found where the problem is. If I plug the speaker to front panel, I can't hear anything. But if I plug the speaker to rear panel, I can hear but not volume control... I don't know how can I fix this. Any suggestions?

Correct, the front panel is not working.

And, the rear panel works only if the loudspeaker icon appears on the top menu, and it pulls down.

But, once pulled-down, its volume cannot be changed.

However, the volume controls in the individual applications themselves are functional, if the non-operating loudspeaker icon is present on the top menu.

ALC662.txt is a "work in progress", for now.

Taruga's patcher seems to be OK.

hi friend

i have Leopard 10.5.2 jass and alc 662 is not work on that i think jass not Cracked good this version but i found a way for my problem and that way is:

i set up my os

install that

and after installation i put mac os 10.5.1 kalyway version dvd and go in dvd and found azalia package and setup that and now working good

i think your version is your problem

i think.......

friend...

I'm having the same problem. I have browsed and tried a lot of posts here in this forum but I can't make my sound work. Rear and Front output doesn't work. Volume control is stucked. My setup and specs:

OSX Version: Kalyway 10.5.3 (Installed Kalyway 10.5.2 and updated via Kalyway 10.5.3 Combo Updater)

CPU: Core 2 Duo E4500

Motherboard: ASUS P5GC-MX/1333

Audio: Realtek ALC662

The last thing I installed was AzaliaAudio.pkg then patched with Taruga's AppleHDAPatchev1.20 using a codec dump made via Sabayon Linux.

Attached here is the codec_dump.txt I used for patching and the screenshot of my hardware overview.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

codec_dump.txt

post-250032-1214599519_thumb.png

I have Asus P5B SE with Realtek ALC662. I used Tourga's patcher 1.20, HDAEnabler.kext and removed AppleAzalia.kext and ALCinject.kext. My rear panel is working. In attach there are pics from SystemPreferences and SystemProfiler.

:)

ALC662.tiff

Sound_Output.tiff

Sound_input.tiff

Hi. I tried what you did. (Removed ALCinject, Downloaded and installed HDAEnabler.kext from Taruga, rebooted, patched using HDAEnabler 1.20 using my codec_dump, rebooted) Still no sound on either rear or front ;) Any ideas?

Hi. I tried what you did. (Removed ALCinject, Downloaded and installed HDAEnabler.kext from Taruga, rebooted, patched using HDAEnabler 1.20 using my codec_dump, rebooted) Still no sound on either rear or front :P Any ideas?

Under SystemPreferences -≥ Sound -≥ Output I choose "Line Out" option because I connected my speakers to stereo out, under Input I choose "Internal Microphone". I did it little bit different:

1. patched with 1.20 Taruga's patcher (in process you remove AppleAzalia.kext)

2. installed HDAEnabler.kext

3. remover ALCinject.kext

Here is dump file I used:

Audio_dump.txt

Under SystemPreferences -≥ Sound -≥ Output I choose "Line Out" option because I connected my speakers to stereo out, under Input I choose "Internal Microphone". I did it little bit different:

1. patched with 1.20 Taruga's patcher (in process you remove AppleAzalia.kext)

2. installed HDAEnabler.kext

3. remover ALCinject.kext

Here is dump file I used:

Great! It worked! I think I already got it working since last week, I just found out that the main speaker cable and the surround cable we're plugged in the wrong places. My wrong. Anyway thanks for this.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi,

Thanks.

Have you tried this?

It's working in my system unit.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...ded&start=#

The only problem I have is the non-working volume control.

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks

Does the 662 mic work witht he solution above ? Thing is, my system is perfect now, only item outstanding is the microphone. I'm using the Leo4All V3 Azalea install. It has audo out through the rear panel only, but at least that's working and I don't want to screw up the whole thing (again :| ).

Thanks,

Peter R.

• 2 weeks later...

tried it and yes, it works. But only with the audio_dump.txt posted here, not the 662_rev1 patch posted elsewhere.

Main volume slider on the toolbar is locked full open, but app toolbars work.

My Hck is now 100% functional.

Hello,

I also have the Gigabyte GA-G31M-S2L with ALC662 audio

Solution 1: HDA Patcher + ALC662.txt

Result: Input and Output sounds devices, but Volume slider on toolbar stuck at 100%

Solution 2: Azalia Audio patcher

Result: Output ONLY, works completely. No input device detected.

Has anyone found fixes to either of the problems associated with these partial solutions?

• 4 weeks later...

By Azalia out sound out woks fine, but sound in does not work. By turga, I found from an Italian sight sound out and in both works, but volume control bur does not work. OK. Something is better than nothing. Nai mamar cheyey kana mama Valo.

Use this driver. I prepatched it and it gives audio in/out from the back panel and volume control is working. I'm trying to get the front panel working too, but for some reason it doesn't. I'll keep on trying and if I get it to work I'll post the kexts.

Archive.zip