EEEPC 1000H with OSx86?

longlife

23 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...

Eeepc 1000H has similiar hardware with Msi U100,U100 has been installed osx 10.5.2(4),and most of hardware are working well except Wifi,headphone and micphone,i think it will be the same with Eeepc 1000H,anyway you can wait and see other's post......

I have the same idea with you:)

Had Kalyway 10.5.2 running without audio/video support. Should be possible but I'm a Unix n00b so I could'nt install the right drivers. It was running surprisingly fast...

Anyway... you need a modified BIOS before you can install te Kalyway distro.

Anybody wants to help me?

Sure I'll give you a hand once I get OS X running on me 1000. I am installing with boot 132 and the retail DVD with a modified bios and so far the install is working. Once I figure out the sound and video I'll let you know if you already haven't.

I am also trying out with 132 and retail. All seems to be fine. You have to use paul's kexts for video for the right resolution. No LAN/WLAN/and Sound so far. Oh and no touch pad either. I got keyboard working with the ACPI from 10.5.3. If anyone has any imputs let me know. I will setup a how-to once it's all done and all are working.

Its really annoying as the 1000 EEE does not accept 1000H or 901 modified bioses. ROMID is not compatible. And the only difference is the SSD hard drive!

How do I go about modifying the bios? I cannot seem to find out what I need to do.

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

hey. i loaded kalyway 10.5.1 on my eeepc1000H without modifying the bios. at start up the only problem with this is that i must type cpus=1. will updating the bios remove this problem? andwill it ruin my vista? (i have dual boot going on right now). any help on LAN/WLAN/audio/video? i've been searching high nd low to no avail :lol:

hey. i loaded kalyway 10.5.1 on my eeepc1000H without modifying the bios. at start up the only problem with this is that i must type cpus=1. will updating the bios remove this problem? andwill it ruin my vista? (i have dual boot going on right now). any help on LAN/WLAN/audio/video? i've been searching high nd low to no avail :)

Give this a go

http://www.maceee.com/how-to-mac-os-x-1054...tml#comment-195

I have up and running 10.5.4 on eeepc 1000h apart from built in sound and LAN. For sound I use Bluetooth headphones which work just great (Sony DR-BT21G), which is an ok solution for me as I only use my eeepc-1000h with headphones.

Another quirk I have found is with Office 2008. The Microsoft auto updater does not work, to update office you have to download and install direct from the upgrade packages available from MS.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

I have my 1000h running great with OS X 10.5.4 w/ no sound. Problem right now is youtube/flash based video freezes after a couple of seconds. I'm hoping/assuming this is due to missing sound drivers. When you use bluetooth headphones do you have this problem? Actually, if you can see if you have the problem without the headphones and then try with the headphones that would be great.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

hi

any help for using the boot 132 method on the 100h please ?! :P

i've juste received my eeepc, and ordered a retail version of leopard, but i have problems getting the right .iso to boot before using the retail dvd.

if someone would have got an .iso working for the 1000h... ;)

thanks a lot

arno

• 1 month later...
hey. i loaded kalyway 10.5.1 on my eeepc1000H without modifying the bios. at start up the only problem with this is that i must type cpus=1. will updating the bios remove this problem? andwill it ruin my vista? (i have dual boot going on right now). any help on LAN/WLAN/audio/video? i've been searching high nd low to no avail :D

I tried to boot the 1000H using a usb disk with leopard installed (retail DVD with EFI 8) that works very well on the desktop pc, but it hangs, even if I use cpus=1 (I have not tried the modified bios yet). It should be possible to boot a vanilla kernel using cpus=1, or?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

sorry if i write here but i keep on getting "Sorry, you do not have permission to start a topic in this forum" when i try to make a new thread!

i am trying to install leopard onto the 1000h.. i have been following this guide: Guide and i can make it through all the process.. but when the computer restarts i get the boot0 ok and boot1 error..

i would like to install it so that i can still have my windows xp working.. the computer has 1 hdd partitioned into 2.. at the moment the first partition has xp on the i have an unallocated space for mac osx.. i followed the guide which is said to work for having a dual boot i get that error after installing OSX

• 5 months later...

Sorry to Necro-bump, but can someone help me?

It's about a performance issue in windows XP after flashing the custom BIOS.

Back when my machine was in a vanilla state,

I could play 720p MKV on Wind XP video using the programs 'KMPlayer' and super-fast software codec 'Core AVC' and would play with almost no frame-drops and only 70-80% CPU.

I know I know, whats the point in 720p on a 10 inch screen?

I use my 1000h on an external monitor :P

Plus I dont want to transcode all my media for watching on the go.

Since I have installed hackintosh, I have since gone BACK to XP since I got an actual Mac.

However now that my Netbook is back on XP, I have it set up the exact same before with all the same versions of XP/software I used to have however now it can't play 720p MKV.

The frame rate is now very slow and the video slows down and loses audio sync.

For reference my mother also has a Netbook of the same spec as the 1000h that I configured with KMP and Core-AVC and it is as fast as my 1000h used to be before BIOS upgrade.

Is there any way to go back to the original BIOS?

I tried but it tells me it's too old.

:rolleyes:

Please help!

PS- the reason I blame BIOS for the problem is it's the only thing that's changed from how my Netbook used to be configured when I set it up with XP last time and the current set-up of XP

Best regards,

Dropsphere :wacko: