[NVidia 8400M GT]: help me...

Maury84

5 posts in this topic

Hi.

In those days I've installed Leopard with iAtkos v1.0i and v2.0i. Both works, and I can install successfully Leopard on my laptop (on signature...). But with both I've a problem with the graphic card, NVidia GeForce 8400M GT. I've installed iAtkos without any patch, and then, after the installation, I've rebooted the laptop and I've seen I couldn't change the screen resolution (only 1024*768 is aviable). So I've tried to install 10.5.2NVkexts+.pkg, NVInstallerV41.pkg, NATIT...Nothing...The only result I've is a black screen after the boot screen...Does someone have the same graphic card?

Thanks to anyone for help

Maurizio

1. try NVInstallerV41.pkg then edit info.plist in /System/Library/Extensions/NVinject.kext/Contents/

Change NVCAP String to 0400000000000300040000000000000700000000

reboot

or

2. Try NVKushInstaller

Good luck.

How can I edit this file? I'm totally new in Mac OSX but I use Linux OS (Ubuntu, Gentoo, DreamLinux...) and I know how use terminal and edit files...For example in Ubuntu I can made something like this

sudo gedit directory_1/.../file_name

But in Mac OSX, I really don't know how I can do this or something similar...

Thanks

Maurizio

Using nano will edit the files, but the data presented on nano for NVCAP will be in hex and not in string format.

to edit a plist that has hex data you need a plist editor, there are some, Xcode have it's own and you can look at macupdate.com.