Resolution issues

jmantra

5 posts in this topic

Greetings,

First off let me just say all the developers did a wonderful job getting OS X to work on the X86 processor. Everything works so smootly.

I am having a relatively minor issues though it is quite cumbersome. My resolution is a little to small for my taste and it only give me one option in the display properties which is 1024 X 768. Since OS X is unix based I was looking for a xorg.conf file but alas to no available. My card is in Nvidia Geforce 6100 nforce 430. It only has 128 megs shared memory.

Is there something I am missing or do I have to upgrade my graphics card? If I have to upgrade does anyone have a suggestion as to which one would work best?

Thanks in advance.

edit /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1280x800x32</string>

It's not working all the time, you have to be lucky. You might need to install an injector as well (nvinject.free.fr) to get QI/CE if they are not enabled already.

Ok tried editing that file, didn't work

and where can I find that nvinject file? how do I install it? How do I enable Qi/CE?

Sorry noob here.

nvinject.free.fr

if you mess up and get balck screen then you have to boot single mode with "-s" and delete the injector kext file and then try again until you get the good driver (path /System/library/Extensions/)