8800GT not working

Scarevok

3 posts in this topic

Hi

My 8800Gt seems to be in a conflict with any injecter. NVkush, NVinstaller, Nvidia Installer, after installing it, I have 1 boot with graphics, all following boots end up in a black screen. If I remove the inject in safe mode, its booting again..

When I install Kalyway 10.5.2 and choose NVinstaller, I get a black screen after reboot and have to reset to see the nice welcome video

I've used the search and can exclude the following problems:

USB Devices: same behaviour with no usb devices attached

Monitor: tried a newer monitor, but still the same error

dvi exit: I'm using the one closer to the mainboard -> good one

My System:

Intel Core2Duo E6750

Gigabyte P35-DS3

4gb ddr2 6400 Ram

Asus 8800GT 512mb

which 8800gt is it? also try and install the Leopard Graphics Update too (go download from apple.com's site if it isn't showing up in Software Update and install it, its safe, it only updates your video drivers).

also in safe mode or with nvkush/etc removed, go to about this mac -> more info -> graphics and copy/paste everything from there here.

The card is a Asus EN8800GT ( the one with the CoH:OF design)system profiler:Display: Type: Display Bus: PCIe PCIe Lane Width: x16 VRAM (Total): 32 MB Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de) Device ID: 0x0611 Revision ID: 0x00a2 Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded Displays:Display: Resolution: 1024 x 768 Depth: 32-bit Color Core Image: Software Main Display: Yes Mirror: Off Online: Yes Quartz Extreme: Not SupportedI will try the graphic update now

edit:

Ok, I've installed the graphics update and afterwards NVKush.

first boot after installing NVKush: Monitor turns out, goes on again but shows a black screen

second boot: same error

third boot: booted with -f -v and everything works (qe/ci/res. change)

fourth: booted normal, again only a black screen

fifth: booted with -f -v and everything worked again