Battery meter on laptop

hambonez

5 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I have a laptop that whenever I install an iAtkos 10.5.1 build it displays the battery meter just fine. And I just do the standard install not checking anything.

But whenever I install the Kalyway 10.5.1 build I can not get the battery meter to show up no matter what I do. I have tried some of the various PowerManagement kexts on here, and tried changing some of those ACPI settings to no avail. Is there a certain .kext I can just extract from the iAtkos image to get the battery meter working?

Thanks for the file, though it still didn't work. I don't have the battery meter, or the power management options in Energy Saver. What files are used for power management that I can extract from the iAtkos CD?

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for the file, though it still didn't work. I don't have the battery meter, or the power management options in Energy Saver. What files are used for power management that I can extract from the iAtkos CD?

There's an excellent tutorial here, with all the files you'll need:

http://apple2pc.blogspot.com/2008/06/power...nt-on-1053.html

PS - Kalyway's 10.5.2 had a battery meter working fine for me - maybe you'd want to try that. however, when I upgraded to 10.5.3 I lost the battery meter and had to use the link above.

• 3 weeks later...