The OS X of the linux world is out.........

snakeeyes

92 posts in this topic

Its out at last, get the torrents here:

http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/11.0/iso/torrent/

Some new stuff:

kernel 2.6.25

kde 4.0.4 and 3.5.9

gnome 2.22.1

best compiz integration I have ever seen, even in kde

Hypervisor Virtualisation, though I don't know much about it :P

lightning fast package management, even kicks synaptics ass

most beautiful linux OS out there except maybe OS X :P

:dev:

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!

I am downloading the dvd now, seed if u can please........

Just started downloading!

then......

the age old thing with anything 'nix.....

Downloads at 47kB/s!

Why are most things connected to 'nix downloads always so slow!? :D

SticMAN

u r lucky, my download rate is between 5 and 10 for some reason -_-:)

The first 28MB went at 447kB/s then in 5 seconds it went down to 42kB/s now it is at 61kB/s!

No wonder not many people download it? Can you imagine downloading the 4GB DVD?? :D est time: 22d20h42m...

SticMAN

u r lucky, my download rate is between 5 and 10 for some reason -_-:)

haha.......my remaining time to download just went down to a year :) sweet, the more u wait for something the more u appreciate it :)

I can't download it directly, I always have md5sum failures -_-

Next time I will just buy the dvd like I did with 10.2, can't do it this time sadly :D

seeders and leechers on dvd is 4:12

I can't download it directly, I always have md5sum failures :plane:

You could download it directly and then check it with bittorrent.

I already have it. The torrents were leaked several days ago, and they were very fast then.

Just installed, had to use res =1680x1050 at boot but other than that the install went very smoothly.

This release is pretty much as i expected it to be, simply amazing, speed? hell yeah! this makes ubuntu look like bloated version of vista put it that way ;)

One thing i'm VERY dissapointed it with is the nvidia driver install, openSuse is the only distro i know of now which doesnt have a one click install...

Got presented with X not working upon reboot of installing...

Just installed, had to use res =1680x1050 at boot but other than that the install went very smoothly.

This release is pretty much as i expected it to be, simply amazing, speed? hell yeah! this makes ubuntu look like bloated version of vista put it that way :thumbsup_anim:

One thing i'm VERY dissapointed it with is the nvidia driver install, openSuse is the only distro i know of now which doesnt have a one click install...

Got presented with X not working upon reboot of installing...

One click:

http://en.opensuse.org/Nvidia#Installation

Type "sax2" from the command line as root.

An BTW, which card do you have?

I got it working in the end...i'll not say how...let's just say the first time round i had a big blonde moment and did something silly :)

So overall very happy, speedy as well, very fast package management, only disappointing thing was noticing firefox 3.5 beta was installed by default..and i have nothing but problems with firefox 3 on linux/windows/osx

only disappointing thing was noticing firefox 3.5 beta was installed by default..and i have nothing but problems with firefox 3 on linux/windows/osx

You should be offered to configure your repos. Enable the mozilla one. There you'll find Firefox 3 final. But I must say I have exactly the same problems I had with 3 beta and RC. I might try to remove Firefox 3 and install 2.

You should be offered to configure your repos. Enable the mozilla one. There you'll find Firefox 3 final. But I must say I have exactly the same problems I had with 3 beta and RC. I might try to remove Firefox 3 and install 2.

Yea i updated to firefox 3 final straight away but have the same problems i have on xp/vista/osx

Freezes/locks up constantly.

if you manage to fully remove 3 and get 2 back on let me know

Hi Alessandro17 can u please explain how to do that?

Well, imagine you use bittornado (it is the best for this purpose).

Imagine you have downloaded openSUSE-11.0-DVD-i386-iso.

Now download the appropriate torrent, open it with bittornado and start it in another directory, only for a few seconds.

Now replace the 0 bytes iso with the one you downloaded previously. Start bittornado again. It will check the existing files and, if needed, complete the download.

It might work with other clients as well, like ktorrent or bittorrent.