New leo4allv3 patch

bhst2

34 posts in this topic

Thanks to the help of one of osx86 greats leo4allv3 gets an upgrade!!!!!

Thats right I said upgrade. JaS is helping eddie11c out while is he away. So all you people with problems with v3 here comes some fixes for ya.

Change log

1. Most important is it upgrades your iso to 10.5.3
  2. Adds chameleon efi to the dvd
  3. support for sse2

Picture of the installer

picture1lp7.png

So what do these changes do you ask?

Well for one it adds 10.5.3 update combo to the iso, so when you install you are at 10.5.3. What is chameleon and what does it do

well chameleon is a new efi and you can read all about it at there site

With chameleon it should fix instant reboots for some sse2 and sse3 users.

sse2 users the iso will now boot on your machines. You can install leopard but use the 9.2.0 kernel

What is next you ask? Well people with a fsb issue don't fear that is being worked on and will be adding support for mcp 67 controller in the future. So more patches are on the way!

I want everyone to thank JaS for helping eddie11c out and keeping eddie11c's project moving forward while he is away!!!!!

Now where can you get it. Well at your local demon and soon it will be on the bay.

Name of the patch is Leo4all V3 10.5.3 ppf by JaS

come to irc for more support

server is irc.osx86.hu

channels are #leo4all #jas-dvd

Source

Brilliant news for me. As I said prior, leo4allv3 is the best 10.5 distribution I have used ever and JaS is already a brand name in the OSX86 engine, so this combo cannot be than perfect. Just downloading now.

Thank you guys for joining. You made my day :hysterical:

My advice is to install the new ppf'ed dvd to a second partition or hard drive for testing. Do not just delete a working install and try this. Also make a copy of your iso and patch that. Do not patch the only copy you have.

Be smart people.

The great one walks among us!!.

Man, i must turn down the butt kissing.

LOL

Actually, I'm going to do a fresh install, but, since I dont have any working install rigth now, I will install Leo4All, patch the ISO and reinstall.

If all works great, will dump windows for good.

So I have to say this again, the ppf added 5.3 to the iso and does not add in new drivers, also it will allow some sse2 and sse3 to boot and install the iso, that were unable to before the ppf.

On top of that I am getting reports back of the ppf working and installing fine, so if you have patching issues, or errors when booting the dvd be sure you are patching v3 of leo4all and also be sure your not messing up your image when patching.

Last bit of info .. On my dvds they auto remove the dreaded AppleIntelCpuPowerManagement.kext , since eddie is away I didn't know his does not. So you will have to remove this extension if it is causing you any panics.

boot the installer to the terminal

mount the drive readwrite and rm -rf the extension

then boot -f and the system will boot without that panic.

I'm curious.

After patching the iso, will i get the option for 9.3.0 kernel?

Also, is there any advantage in using this kernel say instead of 9.2.0?

By the way, i have a g31 mobo and a c2d 6550.

I believe that if you dont tick any kernel option you get 9.3.0 by default (maybe im wrong-did not try yet).

Last bit of info .. On my dvds they auto remove the dreaded AppleIntelCpuPowerManagement.kext , since eddie is away I didn't know his does not. So you will have to remove this extension if it is causing you any panics.

boot the installer to the terminal

mount the drive readwrite and rm -rf the extension

then boot -f and the system will boot without that panic.

Ok, i was able to patch from Windows, installed and got this error.

I'm a complete noob, so how exactly do i do these steps?

PS: Anibalin, you were right, did not select any kernel and it installed 9.3.0.

Ok, i gave up, since is almost impossible to get help here.

I just installed Leo4All v3 and will try to update in another way.

By the way, i was able to delete the mentioned file, but still had a non bootable system.

Back to lurking mode.

JaS, are you planning to make and publish a second little ppf to include the lil AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext removal script installer option from your releases any time soon?

Just wondering, 'cause then I would naturally wait with burning the ISO to DVD.

Thanks for all your efforts,

Bugs

Yes I am plaining on making another ppf to address al these issues. Sorry but eddie has not gotten in contact with me to give me advice on his work and the bast way to patch it. So I am poking around in the dark so to speak. A new ppf will be out this week after I release my dvd.

So eddie I know your doing your real life stuff , but a pm here on the forum or an email is not impossible to send someone trying to keep your project going in your absence.

Don't leave me out here to dry.

Please wait for a new ppf to fix the issues that most members are having. Tho this is working for people I am not happy with the success rate, also remember guys this is a free project so you get what you pay for.

Not all patches will always turn out like intended. I have said a few times now I would like eddie to contact me with information about how his iso was built to help me better patch it. As of now I would say not to use this ppf and wait for a new one.

Sorry for any trouble I tried to help you out and seems things are worse for it. what is that saying ....

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions" seems to ring true in this situation.

Please wait for a new ppf to fix the issues that most members are having. Tho this is working for people I am not happy with the success rate, also remember guys this is a free project so you get what you pay for.

Not all patches will always turn out like intended. I have said a few times now I would like eddie to contact me with information about how his iso was built to help me better patch it. As of now I would say not to use this ppf and wait for a new one.

Sorry for any trouble I tried to help you out and seems things are worse for it. what is that saying ....

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions" seems to ring true in this situation.

Hey hey hey, don't worry about a thing, we trust you, JaS 10.4.8 is still considered a gemstone. We know you can make the best out of your work.

Okay

Something was Amiss . I started to think my ISO wasn't the original. I couldn't reboot without a SCSI device kext hangup, even if removed firewire during install.

Used to get Xbench @ 165 with 10.5.2 and older version of ATI HD 2600 Pro. Only @ 130 now with 10.5.3 vanilla. Is the OPENGL slowdown affecting Nvidia cards as well.

Sleep working with kalyway 10,5,2 , no network on wake with 10,5,3.

Shuttle XPC 945

C2Duo 2.4

Cheers !

I must say, i lost my cool.

Looking at this situation, that's the weak spot for OSX86.

So far, the only distro that worked for me is Leo4All, but if JaS cannot fix this thing, what hope we mere mortals have?

I will wait for your distro, see how it works and hope to learn enough that in case you have to go like Eddie, I can at least maintain my install.

I'm conclusion, i expend 2 days with this project.

Patched Leo4all v3 iso with jas ppf, from Windows, installed, never booted.

Installed regular Leo4Allv3, installed Jas 10.5.3 combo update and it worked great, but QE/CI and sound was not working and since i'm a complete noob, was not able to fix it.

reformatted and when back to vista.

I will try once more with the new Jas ISO.

Installed regular Leo4Allv3, installed Jas 10.5.3 combo update and it worked great, but QE/CI and sound was not working and since i'm a complete noob, was not able to fix it.

reformatted and when back to vista.

I will try once more with the new Jas ISO.

QE/CI and sound not working out of the box is pretty normal and you might have to look for the drivers by yourself. For example Jas 10.4.8 had X1800 support but almost none of the current ones have that on the DVD so I have to get it working manually. This does not mean that the release isn’t good.