pro apps.

5 posts in this topic

any imac or macbook pro users have the pro apps. working w/ rosetta....I've been testing out osx on my pc for a while, and it's been working great from word to final cut pro...but now it's time 2 get a laptop for school and i'm looking at the macbook pro...haven't talked 2 anyone w/ one yet...I know the pro apps. come out in universal in march, but until i upgrade that do they run in rosetta...been searching online and a few websites are saying they will NOT work...but I've been using final cut on my pc w/o any problems...so don't see why it shouldn't work w/ current x86 macs...

Don't expect to see any Adobe apps until next year, if you want to use macromedia/adobe stuff it'll be under rosetta only for now - and there is a noticable performance loss but they are useable.

As for Office, it works fairly well under rosetta, Apple's pro apps should begin appearing this year though.

USE GRAPHIC CONVERTER, which is already a universal binary and super cheap.

As for pro apps, you'll be running under Rosetta, which means performace hit. On the bright side, iMovie is a universal app, and it will give most home users what they need in terms of editing.