Nvidia GeForce 7600 GTL Problem

TimeActor

4 posts in this topic

Hello @ all,

i hope the great Forum with the Users can help me to solf my graphic problem!?

i´m using an Sony Vaio VGX-XL 201 "Livingroom" Multimedia Computer. I won´t use Windows (MediaCenter Edition) anymore. I have an Homemade Shuttle Hackintosh (with much help from here THANKS A LOT!) with Kalyway Leopard updatet successfully to 10.5.3 and great performance, so i think i would only use the great OSX Leopard on the Sony.

Here is the problem:

i installed Kalyway 10.5.1 without any problems! Then i install NVinstaller 0.33 to change resolution and support QE, CI - no problem on PC Monitor but i use an Hitachi HDTV Videobeamer with DVI and the "Display" change (blinks) from blue to osx to black and so on. The same on an LCD Flat TV.

is there an HDCP Problem? I forgott the Graphic Adapter is an NVidia Geforce 7600 GTL specialy designed for this Machine.

I have no idea to make it work. Please help me i install Kalyway about 8times.

Sorry for my bad english my first language is german.

Thanks

Greets Martin

hi again, i think i have locate the problem. i think it is the resolution 1280 x 720 which is not encluded in some installer or nvinject. is there anyone who can tell me which nvidia kext with the needed resolution i can use? please take a look at your monitor preference with resolution listing.

Thanx a lot - i think this can solve the prob

Martin

• 8 months later...
Hello @ all,

i hope the great Forum with the Users can help me to solf my graphic problem!?

i´m using an Sony Vaio VGX-XL 201 "Livingroom" Multimedia Computer. I won´t use Windows (MediaCenter Edition) anymore. I have an Homemade Shuttle Hackintosh (with much help from here THANKS A LOT!) with Kalyway Leopard updatet successfully to 10.5.3 and great performance, so i think i would only use the great OSX Leopard on the Sony.

Here is the problem:

i installed Kalyway 10.5.1 without any problems! Then i install NVinstaller 0.33 to change resolution and support QE, CI - no problem on PC Monitor but i use an Hitachi HDTV Videobeamer with DVI and the "Display" change (blinks) from blue to osx to black and so on. The same on an LCD Flat TV.

is there an HDCP Problem? I forgott the Graphic Adapter is an NVidia Geforce 7600 GTL specialy designed for this Machine.

I have no idea to make it work. Please help me i install Kalyway about 8times.

Sorry for my bad english my first language is german.

Thanks

Greets Martin

Hi i have your problem, have you resolved it?

if yes please tell me how, because i cannot solve it

thank you

• 3 months later...