MD5 Checker by ~pcwiz

~pcwiz

12 posts in this topic

md5checker.png

NOTE: Utility is currently Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard only

I thought that since many people were asking how to verify MD5's, I'd make my own no frills MD5 checking app. I know there are a ton of these out there already, but I thought I'd make my own and keep it very simple and un-technical (if thats even a word) so that newbies can easily use it. It has 2 features, one where you can check the MD5 of a file, and another one where you can choose a file, type in a MD5 to compare with, and do a one click comparison (useful for verifying integrity of OSx86 DVDs). This tool is pretty much a GUI for Mac OS X's build in "md5" command. This is a really simple tool, so I won't even bother to do a beta or anything, I've tested it and it works fine. Hope it comes in handy! ;)

PCWizMD5Checker.zip

I've been thinking of making my own Linux distro ;) [sarcasm] But I am currently in the process of writing pcwizOS. I actually travelled in time 100 years into the future, stole a copy of OS X Housecat, took it back to 2008 and modded it to work with today's computers. The world's most advanced OS--pcwizOS :P [/sarcasm]

I'm kinda putting a feature freeze on OSx86 Tools until the final release, which is when I can take my time with other feature additions. Besides, MD5 doesn't exactly fall under the category of "OSx86", its pretty much a universal utility that can be used on any mac (thats running Leopard). Also, I want OSX86Tools to be strictly OSx86 related and not just another AIO utility like Cocktail or OnyX.

• 2 weeks later...