this is as far as i can get

lowvibe

3 posts in this topic

Utilizing an intel D915GAV mb w/ onboard intel 900 graphics, usb keyboard / mouse and western digital SATA 36GB Raptor HD. I get the apple splash screen then it kicks to the light blue screen with the beach ball of death and hangs indef. Also noted i can F8, use the -s (single user mode switch) to boot to a prompt. from there i can browse around as if im running a standard Live CD unfortunately i cannot find a way to edit files or comment out stuff in the RC's to prevent the system from hanging. Also i can start the splash screen from just a command but then it goes through the standard BBOD hang. oh well at least i saw the Apple Screen on my intel board. I'm assuming its hanging looking for something related to the DRM chip. Nothing that i can see in the boot files points to that though.

-low

I'm curious... anything special or different in a verbose mode ?

-Daxziz

It seemed that verbose mode basically through it into debug mode, it gives the grey screen with the Reset button on it after it hangs. actually, since my last post we got it up and running the the aforementioned hardware. all it took was getting the rosetta file patched properly to not look for the DRM chip. so far the only thing i can't load on it is the java based dashboard game of Asteroids.. haha. firefox works office works. most of the other dashboard widgets work.

mike

post-3179-1123836899.jpg