Chiefmax Nvidia GeForce 7300GT Issues

maximilian298453

7 posts in this topic

I am in the process of building my first hackintosh using an Asus p5gc mx 1333 motherboard and a Chiefmax 7300GT 256MB using 10.5.2 kalway. Unfortunately I cannot seem to get anything but the minimum resolution on this card, even after installing the latest version of nvinject. Does anyone have any suggestions for what to try next or is this card simply incompatible? I notice this specific card maker isn't in the 10.5.2 compatibility list (and that it doesn't show up in any searches of the forum), but I assume that's hardly an exhaustive list. Thanks a lot!

Tried NVinstall v.41 (says this is the right one for 10.5.2) and got a black screen on reboot. I guess that's a sort of progress as at least it's doing something now (although the ROM version did read correctly in the "about this mac" page before so that counts as well I suppose). Makes me sort of wonder if I was installing NVinject properly before. Copy, fix permissions, and reboot didn't sound that tough.

Perhaps only searching for the term "7300GT" is too limiting. Actually I notice that searching on "7300GT" fails to pull up this topic. Is search busted? I'll manually start looking at forum topics instead.